Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Attracta Road, Cabra - is this area ok?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking at 3 bed here to rent as Luas coming shortly. It is on the lower end of the street close to the new Luas stop. (3 mins walk) Anybody know this area ? Is it okay ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

A certain house on the lower end of that street had gunshots fired at it several years back. You couldn't pay me to live on st attractas road.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/appeal-for-witnesses-after-shots-fired-at-house-in-dublin-1.2717026

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Cabra is a very mixed bag and with any area that was more lively and now calmed down (I believe this is one) you'll still have elements in the area, this is true of most of Dublin. I'd be very dubious of doing a google search and finding that X happened Y years ago. Dublin is a relatively rough place as cities go and almost everywhere will have something going on at some point.

If you ask this could be moved to the Dublin City forum, where you'll get some more detailed info. You can't say all of Cabra is one thing or another, and you need someone who is willing to share specific local knowledge and you need to hang around the area yourself at different times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

As above. Cabra varies enormously. You'd better asking in the local forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Cabra doesn't really vary that much and the answer is yes it is rough. You can talk all day about parts being nice but the shops and pubs nearby will have the people from the not so nice parts and the same goes for the schools.

Not say all the people of Cabra are bad just the ones that are bad are so bad you don't want them near you.

Advertisement