Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC AMA with D'Agger

• 27-06-2017 12:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you've ever fancied grilling former mod, D'Agger now is your chance!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where did you get your username.

Fave flic.

Fave album.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Will Kerry beat the Dubs this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Favourite TV series of the last few years (can be ongoing)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Favourite item in your house?

Favourite subreddit, if any? (Possible blasphemy here, but I'll risk it! :p)

Any aspect of science, history, or anything in particular that currently fascinates you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Wibbs wrote: »
    Where did you get your username.

Fave flic.

Fave album.

Daniel Agger was a fearless but intelligent defender for my beloved Liverpool F.C. A fellow left footer, I was a big fan. Most of the names like D.Agger or Agger or Agger5 were already taken so D'Agger was what I took.

I haven't thought this through enough considering how many good movies I've taken in over the years....but I'll go with The Prestige

Silent Alarm by Bloc Party is always worth a listen
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Will Kerry beat the Dubs this year?

I'd be quietly confident which is more than I have for the past few years tbh
    Sugar Free wrote: »
    Favourite TV series of the last few years (can be ongoing)?

Breaking Bad hands down. Honorable mention to Rick & Morty which is outrageous fun.
    Knex. wrote: »
    Favourite item in your house?

Favourite subreddit, if any? (Possible blasphemy here, but I'll risk it! :p)

Any aspect of science, history, or anything in particular that currently fascinates you?

Normally I'd say the slow cooker here to píss off my buddies given how much I've extolled its virtues upon them, but I've a leather recliner chair that cost me €50 that's the business for bating out on.

TGC obvs! I haven't been browsing forums that much lately, moreso keeping up on threads that I've followed for a while like the Soccer superthreads, OT threads etc.

I've one particular friend who keeps me well up to date with Falcon 9, Tesla all the space news & good tech advancements etc. Medical & technological advancements that might be possible like CRISPR or the hyperloop project in Transport & how they would impact on the future has kept me fascinated lately.

With history, I tend to go down wiki trails from time to time based on certain things I'd see on r/colourizedhistory (seeing as we're being blasphemous anyway :pac:) & the talking history podcast from Newstalk is a good listen on the way to work every now and then. WWII has always fascinated me, loved Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Generation War. Imperial War museum in London has been one of my top visits & was in Krakow recently so went to see Auchwitz. Would like to see the Normandy beaches...possibly drive over and do a tour of a few places ending in Germany....at the Nurburgring although that might need to wait until such time that writing off my car wouldn't bother me quite so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What would you prefer: music or reading?

What would you prefer: music or reading?
    Music. I read a little bit, but not as much as I'd like, have a few queued up to get through before the end of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I would like to ask the same question of each of the AMA contributors. Can you:

*Read a map
    *Wire a plug
    * Cook at least one decent meal from scratch (pouring boiled water into a Pot Noodle doesn't count)
    *Sew a button
    *Hang a shelf
    *Change a tyre
    *Change a nappy
    *Whistle with your fingers
    *Jump start a car

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I would like to ask the same question of each of the AMA contributors. Can you:

*Read a map

Haven't had cause to of late but I'll back myself based on past orienteering exploits
    *Wire a plug

Afraid not
    * Cook at least one decent meal from scratch (pouring boiled water into a Pot Noodle doesn't count)

Yeah, well able to cook
    *Sew a button

Not well but I'm sure I've attempted and made a passable attempt
    *Hang a shelf

Never had to but I've put ikea furniture together

*Change a tyre

Been shown, never had to do so yet thankfully. It should be a part of the full driving test tbh
    *Change a nappy

Sure I'm only out of nappies at 29
    *Whistle with your fingers

I've a wolf whistle that'd bust your eardrums
    *Jump start a car

Yes, but the last time I did I googled because I wanted to make extra sure I wasn't about to kill myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm lazy so you are getting the same questions as Knex.

Do you want to get married some day?

Do you think you would like children?

Favourite sporting moment as a competitor?

Favourite sporting moment as a fan?

When did you last cry?

What do you think of McGregor Vs Mayweather?

Have you ever had to deal with a bully?

What's your worst habit?

Favourite drink, alcoholic and non alcoholic?

Last time you had a fry for breakfast?

Last time you were balubas drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One just for you.

Do you think you will ever make it to a Boards beers?

ACD made one travelling from the UK so you really don't have any excuses mang!

:pac:

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I'm lazy so you are getting the same questions as Knex.

Do you want to get married some day?

There's no burning desire there, but I wouldn't be against it. I think men tend to do it so their partner can have their big day - and I don't think that's a bad thing, idea being, if you think she's the one, then waiting for her up an aisle won't phase you.

Do you think you would like children?

While I really wouldn't want children right now, and historically the thought of it petrified me, I would say that it wouldn't phase me now and I'd embrace it.

Favourite sporting moment as a competitor?

I've had more downs than ups to be honest. My first time playing in Fitzgerald stadium probably, we beat our rival town club in a final and I kicked 2-5

Favourite sporting moment as a fan?

Watching the Champions League final in 2005, madness Ted.

When did you last cry?

Start of 2016 I'd say, not a big crier

What do you think of McGregor Vs Mayweather?

I think it's bizarre and that I won't be able to look away. It's a testament to the profile McGregor has built for himself - we'll watch to see if he can manage to pull it out of the bag against the most difficult boxer to beat (ever?) that's crazy belief and he's getting rich as fúck off it so fair play to him.

Have you ever had to deal with a bully?

Not really, I avoid confrontation & when it's presented I'm relatively able to talk my way out of it if needed. The 'ol one-two....but with my killer vocab :pac:

What's your worst habit?

Smoking, it's been an ongoing struggle considering I play ball - have it relatively cut back to just using a vape on nights out now but still slipping here and there.

Favourite drink, alcoholic and non alcoholic?

Water literally keeps me alive so I'll go with that, although I'm also very fond of a black coffee. Alcoholic - White Russian

Last time you had a fry for breakfast?

A proper fry....few weeks back, I like eating brunch on weekends so if you count poached egg dishes then last weekend.

Last time you were balubas drunk?

I was fairly locked the weekend before last...
    Rod Munch wrote: »
    One just for you.

Do you think you will ever make it to a Boards beers?

ACD made one travelling from the UK so you really don't have any excuses mang!

:pac:

Lets draw up a contract and get this deal done, meet my appearance fee & it's red panty night for TGC. Alternatively, bring the mountain to Mohammed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You get to put a film, TV show or book on the secondary school curriculum - what and why?

Conspiracy theories - yay, or nay?

Do you get a decent amount of sleep?

Cheese - yay or nay?

A Youtube channel we should check out?

Best advice or pep talk you’ve been given coming back from a sports injury or defeat?

Most annoying cinema or concert behaviour you've witnessed?

Do you own any hats like the guy in your avatar?

Anywhere off the beaten path you'd like to travel to or have been?

How involved are you in the testing of interKerry ballistic missiles? :pac:

You get to put a film, TV show or book on the secondary school curriculum - what and why?

Very good question. I'm not sure if Animal Farm is on the cirriculum but it's a book I think everybody should read. TV show....I know Breaking Bad is touted everywhere as though it's the second coming, but thinking about it I think it might do well. That show puts you in the shoes of a man who is capable of great things but feels he hasn't done them, a guy with an inner confidence who takes the hand he's been dealt and decides to play it for his familys future, and yet you see him fall in love with what he's become. As per Animal Farm, it shows that power corrupts. But the story of Walt and how chemistry is the study of change is fantastic. I'm re-watching now and the characters of Hank & Mike in particular - there's no reason why people couldn't learn some valuable lessons from Vince Gilligans amazing story.

Massive Spoilers ahoy in this vid-yo

Conspiracy theories - yay, or nay?

I'll watch stuff and go down the odd wiki trail from time to time but I don't seek them out tbh
    Do you get a decent amount of sleep?

Yeah I get my hours racked up, I'm also an avid napper
    Cheese - yay or nay?

A resounding nyay - the n before yay is to signify that my sinuses are blocked from too much cheese.
    A Youtube channel we should check out?

Smarter Every Day

GorillaZen - Waffly at times but good exercises for posture

YouSuckAtCooking - Genuinely teaches you how to make stuff such as granola and it's hilarious, I recommend the macaroni ep

First We Feast - hot wings conversations, Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a must see but I love the premise for this type of conversation/challenge/interview

Best advice or pep talk you’ve been given coming back from a sports injury or defeat?

As somebody who's ripped his hamstrings to bits then I can give the advice - do the rehab and do it well in order to avoid reoccurance. I skimped out on it when in college and set myself back. As per advice after a defeat - nothing of note to be honest.
    Most annoying cinema or concert behaviour you've witnessed?

Was at a James Vincent McMorrow gig recently, before I continue, I'd a great time at it and he's brilliant live. However, a guy in front of me kept taking snapchat videos, holding his large screen up, taking videos, then keeping the phone held relatively high while the white screen where you decide where to send it to comes up, spends a few mins sending it to people then. This happened easily 5 times but I didn't feel it warranted me asking him to cop the fúck on, he was enjoying his evening and after a while of it not happening I moved out of my slightly triggered state. I think it's moreso a facet of snapchat I hate - people like to share what they're up to and I like that, but this shít of constantly having to show people you're having a great time at a gig/event bothers me a tad - just enjoy yourself. I mean surely people here really hated getting a million snapchats from the Coldplay gig?
    Do you own any hats like the guy in your avatar?

Not yet....
    Anywhere off the beaten path you'd like to travel to or have been?

Really want to see Iceland & I'd like to live abroad for a while. I never really had a desire to do so until lately because I never went on J1s etc. but having met up with some friends in Barcalona recently who're working over there, I returned fairly jealous of how laid back they seemed so has sparked an interest somewhat.
    How involved are you in the testing of interKerry ballistic missiles? :pac:

I'm sorry comrade, I don't understand what you are talking about ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Best part of the Kingdom few people visit/know about?

Advertisement