Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being bounced around the phone lines with this issue!

Options
  • 27-06-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm with Eir on this plan: [/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]https://business.eir.ie/product/sim-only-plan/[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I got a data warning yesterday that I used 80% and then 100% of my 15GB allowance (even though it says "unlimited" data on the link above).[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I also got a letter recently saying that the plan is going from €20 ex vat to €25 ex vat but will then allow 20GB of data. The 6.3GB data for roaming will stay the same even though the domestic data is changing. Once the allowance has been used while roaming, you pay €2 for a daily limit of 100MB in the UK (not sure about EU), but if you go over this, each MB is €0.99!! That sounds very high? I thought they limited that kind of pricing years ago?[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The offer I'm on sounds very ambiguous. They say unlimited data and they also say PLUS 1GB data roaming, but the guy on the phone said the 1GB is taken from your allowance too.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My billing cycle starts on the 19th of each month and since I've already used my 15GB, and actually have used 17.5GB, I decided I better opt for their 10GB add on just to get me through the rest of the month, however I was told I don't get any DATA roaming with this plus I still have to pay for the 2.5GB I went over, it's not being taken from the 10GB.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The link above states different pricing (€20 and €25), different data (15GB and unlimited) and different roaming (plus 1GB data roaming (UK, EU & USA) and 1GB data roaming (USA))[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It's all over the place and very misleading.
    [/font]

After the phone call that gave me the info above, I checked my bill and realise that the last bill I received, the base price WAS €25+VAT, not €20+VAT, it also mentions about a 5GB add on on the bill. I mentioned this to someone else in CC who said they would ring me back in ten minutes (that was about an hour ago) and he said I may get a warning for the 15gb included first, but then the 5gb add on kicks in and I won't get charged per MB as described in the text? 

Can you please confirm what's actually going on here and also confirm the situation with whether the 10gb add on (which I will probably cancel now since I have 5GB I didn't think I did) gives extra allowance for data roaming too and whether a charge of 99c per mb outside of any allowance is allowed by the EU?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi cormie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

On your business mobile plan, you have unlimited calls and texts to Irish landline and mobile with 15GB of data with 1GB of roaming data.

The EU roaming data has now been removed due to the recent legislation of "roam like home" that was brought into law on the 15th of June.

Your data allowance whilst in the EU is now 6.3GB of your domestic allowance due to Fair Usage Policies.

If you have exceeded you inclusive allowance you are then charged standard rates outside of your bundle.

In regards to the pricing, there was a price increase at the start of the month for the sim only plan to increase by €5 ex VAT, however, an extra 5GB was added to your domestic allowance of 15GB.

Please let me know if you have any further queries in regards to this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Anna,
    Thanks for the mail. I should also have unlimited calls and texts to UK landline and mobile I believe?

That's fair enough that the 1GB has been removed in place of the 6.3GB in line with regulations of course, but can you explain if additional allowance is given if for example, the 10GB add on is purchased please? Also, about the 99c/mb charge, is this not much higher than allowed by EU legislation? I thought there was a 5c/mb limit or thereabouts?

Given the €5 increase has been on my previous bill, does this mean I should assume that even though I've used 17.5GB and got a 100% usage warning via SMS, that I actually still have the 5GB "add on" and unless I go over this, won't have any additional charges?

What will happen now that I have used 100% of the 15GB and 50% of the 5GB if I go roaming? Do I still have 6.3GB or do I now have 0kb?

I will also assume as I was wrongly advised that I had used all my data, that I can remove the 10GB add on without having to pay anything for it having been on since today?

Yes, that is correct your plan has inclusive UK calls and texts.

If you have purchased a 10GB add-on to the account, you would then have the full allowance of the extra 10GB whilst in the EU additional to your 6.3GB.

If you have used all of your allowances before going abroad, you will not have this whilst roaming.

Can you please PM me your mobile number, PIN and full name and I will look into your data usage for the month?

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks again Anna! Is that definite about the 10GB add on? So if I envisage heavy use of data while abroad, I can buy the 10GB add on and I'll then have 16.3GB of roaming data for 25+VAT + cost of add on (I think it's 18eur or something?)

Please check your PMs for my details. What pin are you asking for? The pin of the sim card? I didn't know you were able to check what this was remotely?

Thanks again Anna! Is that definite about the 10GB add on? So if I envisage heavy use of data while abroad, I can buy the 10GB add on and I'll then have 16.3GB of roaming data for 25+VAT + cost of add on (I think it's 18eur or something?)

Please check your PMs for my details. What pin are you asking for? The pin of the sim card? I didn't know you were able to check what this was remotely?

• Advertisement

That is correct if you have your full allowance domestically you will have your 6.3GB as well as the add-on.

You can view all of our add-ons here.

I have received your PM and will respond to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna

That doesn't seem to be the case on the link you provided? First of all, I don't see any 10gb add on and then with the 15gb add on, only 4.2gb can be used in the roaming?

We have 1Gb, 3Gb and 15Gb add-ons available and the reason I had used 10GB as an example was in reference to your original thread.

For 15GB and higher add-ons you are limited, however, the 1GB and 3GB are for fully accessible whilst in the EU.

I do apologise for any confusion caused due to miscommunication.

Thanks,
    Anna

Are there other add ons available too so? I'm 99% sure the guy said he gave me 10gb extra? Please check what he added. :)

From what I can see on your account it looks like a 15GB add-on was added on 27/06/2017.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Hi Anna,
    I've had the bill issued for the month in question above now and there seems to be extra charges on it, I seem to have 2 additional prices for an extra add on? It's a little confusing. I think either the €15 ex vat or €10.78 ex vat charge shouldn't be there, they both seem to be for the same thing??

Also, I want to discontinue the add on so don't want it on the next bill at all, it was only for the bill in question above as I had used up a lot of data tethering, so hoping my next bill will be 25+ VAT basic.

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Anna,
    I've had the bill issued for the month in question above now and there seems to be extra charges on it, I seem to have 2 additional prices for an extra add on? It's a little confusing. I think either the €15 ex vat or €10.78 ex vat charge shouldn't be there, they both seem to be for the same thing??

Also, I want to discontinue the add on so don't want it on the next bill at all, it was only for the bill in question above as I had used up a lot of data tethering, so hoping my next bill will be 25+ VAT basic.
    Hi Cormie, 

I've checked this bill for you and can see the charge for €10.78 is for the add on from the 27/06-18/07 and then you have been charged €15 in advance for the dates 19/07-18/08. 

Do you wish to cancel this from today? 

Thanks 

Anna 

Hi Anna,
    Thanks for the reply. I think I may have said when getting the add on that I only wanted it for that month and not to continue it to next month, so yes, please make sure this charge is completely removed and a full refund/credit issued :)

Hi Anna,
    Thanks for the reply. I think I may have said when getting the add on that I only wanted it for that month and not to continue it to next month, so yes, please make sure this charge is completely removed and a full refund/credit issued :)
    No problem, I have removed this for you now and all credits will adjust on the next bill issued.

Thanks

Anna

Great, thanks for your help :) So if I'm correct, my next bill should be €10+VAT + any out of bundle usage for the current cycle.

Great, thanks for your help :) So if I'm correct, my next bill should be €10+VAT + any out of bundle usage for the current cycle.
    No problem, that's correct :)

Thanks 

Anna 

Advertisement