Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conveyancy costs

Options
  • 27-06-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all ,

First time buyer looking to know what kind of costs people might be paying in regards to solicitors fees for conveyancy costs , some of them that i have approached are in excess of 4000 to 5000. does this seem right ?

Comments

Solictor I used to sell a house earlier this year was 900 plus VAT. We used my bfs solicitor for buying a house and they were 1900 plus vat but she is a partner in her firm and a very senior solictor hence the price difference. I would have thought your quotes were excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Crazy money.. if it's a straight forward sale, Pay no more than 1500. I paid 950 and the guy couldn't have been better.

My friend got a place earlier in the year and paid around 1600.. his advice "go with the cheapest cuz they are all crap"... I went with a cheap guy who turned out to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

GerPen2015 wrote: »
    Hi all ,

First time buyer looking to know what kind of costs people might be paying in regards to solicitors fees for conveyancy costs , some of them that i have approached are in excess of 4000 to 5000. does this seem right ?

It really depends what you mean; the whole shebang including VAT and outlays or the professional fee. The professional fee should be nowhere near 4-5K. That said don't go with the cheapest either as they will tend to be flooded with work and not have time to properly deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

L

Hi thanks for the replies guys , I should of been clear which is my own fault , the price I mentioned in my original message was including the stamp duty so without the stamp duty been included the cheapest fees I can find are coming in @ 2200 which seems to be the best I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

First time buyer, using solicitor recommended by word of mouth, paying 2500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Stamp Duty + register seearch + Registery fees for new buld all included in the initial quote given.

The €900 + VAT would not include them

Advertisement