Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outage... AGAIN..!

Options
  • 27-06-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

All too often we have power outages here, but can never seem to get a definite answer as to why.

In the past they have blamed the Cows in a field, and even a murder of Crows have been accused.

We had another outage today, lasting two hours.

Can you tell me 'exactly' what caused it..?

Waiting with interest, to see your reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi georgefalls,

The people to contact regarding power-line faults are ESB Networks (for customers of all electricity providers).

ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and their telephone numbers are 1850 372 757 (office hours) and 1850 372 999 (24-hour, emergency).

If you have an Electric Ireland billing query, we can assist if you send us a private message. We recommend removing your MPRN from public view with the edit button.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Hi georgefalls,

The people to contact regarding power-line faults are ESB Networks (for customers of all electricity providers).

ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and their telephone numbers are 1850 372 757 (office hours) and 1850 372 999 (24-hour, emergency).

If you have an Electric Ireland billing query, we can assist if you send us a private message. We recommend removing your MPRN from public view with the edit button.

Regards,
    Una

________
    Herein lies the problem. I can never get a straight answer. I've contacted ESB Networks many times.

I'd have thought you might have had a bit of clout, given that I did post my MPRN number for you.

My guess was someone where you are would know someone further up the evolution chain in ESB, and could have asked them.

Its not too much to ask.

I mean, its not like you're different companies, now is it..!

Hi georgefalls,

ESB Networks look after the entire electricity infrastructure - Electric Ireland look after billing and offer Pay As You Go, Home Services and price-plans (Sales). We wish to assure that we are unable to access information regarding power-lines, or the ESB Networks system.

On the Electric Ireland system, the MPRN brings up property/billing information rather than infrastructural information.

ESB became ESB Networks and ESB Customer Supply (now Electric Ireland) - separating the infrastructure services and the billing services. ESB Networks and Electric Ireland are both part of the ESB Group (along with ESB International and ESB ecars) however we operate independently, with separate systems. Any time we liaise with ESB Networks (and this contact with ESB Networks is made by all electricity providers) is in relation to the connection/the meter but not power-lines.

As an alternative to contacting ESB Networks through the channels previously mentioned, we recommend contacting the nearest ESB Networks office to where you are based.

Regards,
    Una

________

And just now, when I try to log into my account, I get this..!

[font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Error Code: 8001.500 [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Request Id: f3422f55-9e3a-4727-b379-126c0c4708ba[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Explain please.[/font]

Hi Georgefalls,

Apologies - the Online Billing system was undergoing essential maintenance. We have been advised by the relevant department that it should be back in operation now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have any further queries we can assist with.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Yup... Working again now..!

Thanks Una

Advertisement