Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of ireland radio broadcasters

• 27-06-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

Hoping to get a list of radio stations that broadcast the games or internet streams that broadcast audio commentary. If ye can add any stations ye know and which game days they broadcast it would be much appreciated.

Galway United: Galway bay fm cover nearly all of their home games, providing it doesnt clash with a connacht rugby game.

Derry City: Drive 105, this seems to cover all the Derry games, home and away, any day they play. The lads are biased as feck but a great listen. BBC radio Foyle cover home games. Fair play to Derry media in general, they really get behind their teams across all codes.

Dundalk fc: Dundalk fm, best commentry team I've heard. Absolutely love how impartial they are too. Seriously though, love listening to this crowed.

Sligo Rovers: I think I've heard their games of Ocean fm sporadically enough but cant bank on them broadcasting it and don't know if they do the home (saturday) games or their away (friday) games.

Bray Wanderers: East Coast fm do live updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Don't think ocean do games any more. They used to cover away games with updates on home games.

More time now for ****ty country music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

RTE used to cover all the games on Radio 1 MW/LW 252 including Brian de Salvo's enjoyable radio column.

When the rights came up I think Newstalk bought them but have do not do commentary at games on a Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

East Coast FM do updates for Bray Wanderers games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

BBC Radio Foyle broadcast Derry's homegames too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

RTE used to cover all the games on Radio 1 MW/LW 252 including Brian de Salvo's enjoyable radio column.

When the rights came up I think Newstalk bought them but have do not do commentary at games on a Friday.

Seriously!! The FAI should have put a use it or lose it clause in the contract. That's shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

If that's true thats rich. Off the Ball presenter was giving out recently on his twitter about RTE hoarding GAA rights and not using them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

howiya wrote: »
    If that's true thats rich. Off the Ball presenter was giving out recently on his twitter about RTE hoarding GAA rights and not using them

I stand corrected if that is the case.

But there was a time where Newstalk did have the exclusive rights but did not use them to broadcast matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

It would be great if Extratime could get some kind of "Soccer Friday" thing going on their website.

NEAR FM used to cover Shels games, but not at the moment for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Don't think ocean do games any more. They used to cover away games with updates on home games.

More time now for ****ty country music!

their predecessor and donegal frequency used to broadcast harps games but stopped a long time ago now.
    Highland fm do updates for Harps but i think the playoff v Limerick was the last full broadcast.
    I think Radio Foyle also covered that game and may do updates of ourselves also, cant say for sure though.

A lad called Alan does a stream for Limericks games, found it quite good and worth a mention. http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

overshoot wrote: »
    their predecessor and donegal frequency used to broadcast harps games but stopped a long time ago now.
    Highland fm do updates for Harps but i think the playoff v Limerick was the last full broadcast.
    I think Radio Foyle also covered that game and may do updates of ourselves also, cant say for sure though.

A lad called Alan does a stream for Limericks games, found it quite good and worth a mention. http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

Unfortunately i can no longer edit the op but will copy and paste it all in one post after a week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pats have an audio commentary on ustream for most home matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

WLR FM had commentary to a couple of Waterford FC's away games at the start of the season, none for a while though.

WLR FM had commentary to a couple of Waterford FC's away games at the start of the season, none for a while though.

Isnt there another station down there that used to cover it? I know they covered the wolves' games for a while. Open tempo sport or something like that. May have been online streams only though.

kksaints wrote: »
    Pats have an audio commentary on ustream for most home matches.

Is there a channel link or is it new link for each game?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

gufc21 wrote: »
    Isnt there another station down there that used to cover it? I know they covered the wolves' games for a while. Open tempo sport or something like that. May have been online streams only though.

Open Tempo 105.1 - pirate station

Unsure whether or not they do league games but the tallinn game is live now.

rebelradioccfc.myl2mr.com

Advertisement