Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail. Delete messages.

Options
  • 27-06-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering is it possible to delete large numbers of emails simultaneously from a Gmail account. If yes how do you do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I don't think there is a sweep facility like in Hotmail, might just need to select all and then deselect the ones you want before hitting delete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Shift + click works when you're selecting emails by clicking on the checkbox.

But if you wanted to, you could set up a search with criteria for emails that you wanted to get rid of and just to the left of the "Refresh" button click that and select "All".

EG. in the search box you could type "has:attachment from:sender" (without quotes). That'll list all emails from a particular sender with attachments if you wanted to delete those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Senna wrote: »
    I don't think there is a sweep facility like in Hotmail, might just need to select all and then deselect the ones you want before hitting delete

Can you select all?

Can you select all?

Select all that are displayed on the page. Is there any option to increase the amount of messages displayed per page? It might be 25/50 by default but it could be changed to more?

Can't see where "select all that are displayed on the page" is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭satguy

In Gmail when you Select All a new line will appear and ask if you want to Select All Messages, see pic.

dmail.jpg

I am working on an android device so I expect the format is different. I will have to start up my laptop at some stage.

Don't used the Android Gmail app, try BlueMail app, put your Gmail account onto it. When you long press on one message it gives you an option to "mark all" then just delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You can bulk delete emails in Gmail but only on the actual website using a PC or Laptop. You can not bulk delete using the Gmail Android App.

Now that the question arose, why does the Gmail App not allow bulk delete? Is there any logical reason they omitted that feature from the official App?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Dont want you to delete data. That how they make money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement