Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Road new speed limits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Chiparus wrote:
    Dropping the speed suddenly from 80 to 50 could lead to sudden deceleration , I think there should be a transition zone of 60 kmh like you see on most main roads.

Chiparus wrote:
    If everyone knows the speed limit is 50 , how come so many are caught speeding?

Speed limit drops from 100 to 50 this side of Mooncoin.

I can't answer that question, I'm not an angel for driving but it is somewhere I always make sure I'm at 50 driving thru the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

Drove for the first time on the Tramore road with the new speed limit, and it strangely felt right , like the road was designed for 80 not 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Drove for the first time on the Tramore road with the new speed limit, and it strangely felt right , like the road was designed for 80 not 60.

No sh1t, sure the limit was 60mph until they put the outer ring road at one end of it, then overnight the limit was reduced by about 40%!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

They've also updated the last stretch of the ORR. It's 80 from the Airport Road roundabout up to nearly the halting site and then 60 the rest of the way.

Advertisement