Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cease my service, no e-mail received after calling support.

Options
  • 27-06-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

We had FTTH installed last week via another provider and I am trying to cancel our services from Eir. We currently have home phone and FTTC broadband.

One of the reasons we got the new service installed asap was that when first installed, our service was great, however after a year or so there were some issues and the support person told us that the line couldn't handle the speed it was set to, and turned it down. Downgrading service after it working well for a long time previously was pretty disappointing for us. 

Anyway, I digress. About 20 mins ago I plugged the phone back into the Eir socket and called Eir customer service to cancel our services. I was told by the lady on the phone that in a few minutes I'd receive an e-mail with a form to fill in, this hasn't arrived yet, she didn't read back my e-mail address to me, is it possible for someone here to check it's going to the right address? It's also a cease, not a switch, as all our new services come through a new box and don't touch the Eir line at all. I'm not 100% convinced she's put me down as a cease rather than a switch. I've plugged my phone back into my new line now and I'm not going to keep unplugging and plugging it back in to get this sorted out. 

I consider myself having given notice by telephone to Eir this afternoon. If they fail to provide me with the form they require to fill in on the same date that is their fault, not mine.

Please can you help? I can pm account number and e-mail address once requested.

Many thanks in advance.

Frustrated (soon to be ex-) customer of Eir.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Simdruid,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to check this from here as we would not have access from our side.

I would recommend contacting our loyalty department on 1800 303 600 to advise them you are yet to receive your email and they can then re-send this for you.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Simdruid,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to check this from here as we would not have access from our side.

I would recommend contacting our loyalty department on 1800 303 600 to advise them you are yet to receive your email and they can then re-send this for you.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi, thanks for the response. I rang back on your suggestion, spoke to a different agent, and this has been changed from a switch to a cease, and they now have the correct e-mail address. Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

No problem at all :D

Happy to help.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    anna

Advertisement