Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Attracta Road, Cabra - is this area ok?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking at 3 bed here to rent as Luas coming shortly. It is on the lower end of the street close to the new Luas stop. (3 mins walk) Anybody know this area ? Is it okay ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Anybody know Cabra area? Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah I know it fairly well, it's a quiet enough area and definitely on the better side of Cabra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Avoid it like the plague. Anyone I know who lives there had nothing but trouble.
    I've lived in Cabra 30 years but would never let anyone live up there.
    Lots of culture de sacs which are a parking nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Attracta Road is fine. Most people are well settled in it. Nice part of cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

The best part of cabra for me is in between the 'Y' of both the old and new cabra roads. Annamoe road/place etc. Close to everything, buses and proposed luas will be near by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Avoid it like the plague. Anyone I know who lives there had nothing but trouble.
    I've lived in Cabra 30 years but would never let anyone live up there.
    Lots of culture de sacs which are a parking nightmare.

Really? First I've heard and my best mate lives on Jarlath. Really quiet place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The end closest to phibsboro is fairly quiet. The other end can get fairly lively at times.Its a long road in fairness though,and there are plenty of amenities within walking distance. It's fairly settled too. Personally I'd have no problem living there, but there are much nicer areas in cabra. The poster above mentioned jarlath, that's a nice area,or any of the roads leading down to blackhorse ave are nice and quiet too. The likes of screen rd etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

It's almost impossible to drive on with rows and rows of cars parked nose to tail on both sides of the road. Also the houses are all bunched in on top of each other..it's really not a particularly nice place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The end closest to phibsboro is fairly quiet. The other end can get fairly lively at times.

Was going to post this also. From the statue down towards Dowth Ave is generally the quiter part. The road is however regularly patroled by the guards as it is the edge of the patrol boundry for Mountjoy Garda station or so I was once told.

And yes parking isnt great either as is with most of cabra east as well due to the roads being narrow and driveways not being wide.

Advertisement