Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still waiting.....

Options
  • 27-06-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

On the 12th April 2017 a Sale representative called to our house in Cratloe, Co.Clare where we proceeded to sign up to an ‘eir fibre extreme 150Mb package’. We were told it would be installed the 21st April. We did not hear from anyone until we received a message saying the appointment was scheduled for 10th May between 9-1.30pm. I took a half day off work as I wanted to ensure it was completed that day. There was no sign or communication to explain otherwise.  I rang customer service and after a lot of going back and forth was told it was an error on their part and they would have an engineer in the coming days. Again, no sign of anyone or explanation. Another phone conversation pursued where we were told it wasn’t feasible at this time. I know dealing with external resources can be difficult but should customer service not be paramount?  So basically I want to know where we stand at this point? How can Eir sell a product when they cannot deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

cistar79 wrote: »
    On the 12th April 2017 a Sale representative called to our house in Cratloe, Co.Clare where we proceeded to sign up to an ‘eir fibre extreme 150Mb package’. We were told it would be installed the 21st April. We did not hear from anyone until we received a message saying the appointment was scheduled for 10th May between 9-1.30pm. I took a half day off work as I wanted to ensure it was completed that day. There was no sign or communication to explain otherwise.  I rang customer service and after a lot of going back and forth was told it was an error on their part and they would have an engineer in the coming days. Again, no sign of anyone or explanation. Another phone conversation pursued where we were told it wasn’t feasible at this time. I know dealing with external resources can be difficult but should customer service not be paramount?  So basically I want to know where we stand at this point? How can Eir sell a product when they cannot deliver?
    Similar issue here only they are trying to take my money whilst I'm waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

cistar79 wrote: »
    Hi cistar79,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement