Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Games Done Quick 2017

Options
  • 27-06-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Summer Games Done Quick starting on Sunday the 2nd of July.
    https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
    19452976_1753602214653178_3662302456106351229_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=713581bb3644cd2ec671b5422fc45cbc&oe=59D16A0D.
    Wasn't sure if I should have bumped the other thread or made a few one, mods can let me know if I made a mistake
    Looking forward to ActRaiser and E.V.O.: Search for Eden (loved those games), Earthbound finale will be great (no crying til the end).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Too soon for a Breath of the Wild run? Or I suppose they still need to figure out a type of run to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Too soon for a Breath of the Wild run? Or I suppose they still need to figure out a type of run to do
    I think they sort runs well in advance so hopefully for the winter one :)
    Maybe they're waiting to shorten it down, I thought they'd do a glitched run tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A reminder that this is starting today. I'm pretty much stopping everything to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SGDQ <3

Any recommendations this time round?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The ones you don't expect to be good are usually mind blowing. Saying that Tetris is always insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When do they put up replays on YouTube?
    My days are too long to be able to watch live :(

Usually start appearing the next day.

ERG89 wrote: »
    When do they put up replays on YouTube?
    My days are too long to be able to watch live :(
    I know the feeling, I was travelling for most of the last summer one. You can just follow the YouTube channel or check the past broadcast on Twitch
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick

Have to drive home so going to miss Nier but hope I catch the arse end of Halo.

• Advertisement

Nier is on. I'm playing D&D but I haven't played it yet so not missing much at least

Not familiar with battle kid. Looks like a handy enough megaman clone

Not familiar with battle kid. Looks like a handy enough megaman clone

It's great. Not an official NES game, it was released a few years ago, but it's as good as any commercial NES game made. It's really difficult but checkpoints are well spaced so it's never annoying. There's also an equally good sequel.

Donation there from Ireland :)

Diddy Kong Racing now. Game is utterly broken so should be great fun :)

I remember this game being much easier on the eye.
    13 seconds lap time! Wtf

20G's donation. Christ on a bike

I remember this game being much easier on the eye.
    13 seconds lap time! Wtf

N64 games and especially Rare ones have not aged well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What's with all the people in the chat saying "reset"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What's with all the people in the chat saying "reset"?

when you speed run generally any mistake means you reset the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Does that ever happen at these live events when everyone has a time slot? I've never watched before so I've got a few real noob questions :D

Does that ever happen at these live events when everyone has a time slot? I've never watched before so I've got a few real noob questions :D

Only if they miss something major early on. A lot of them will bring back up saves if they miss major time saves that gave dire consequences if missed. It's rare they can't finish but it dies happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Guy playing Lion King is choking hard :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yesss Super Monkey Ball.

Monkey ball just started. This run is always amazing.

Yesss Super Monkey Ball.
    Always a favourite run to watch.
    Sonic CD, Generations and Colours on later

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This commentary my god

The first cringe moment. Awesome!

Any sign of big Jon?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    This commentary my god
    He was annoying but I think he was genuinely enjoying it so I can't hate on him.

Advertisement