Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbreviations in S&S

Options
  • 27-06-2017 6:44pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, can I ask that a suggestion be put to s&s that if people use abbreviations they also put the full description in too. I find I'm having to look up quite a bit to understand the thread, something's I'd rather not show in my search history in work! I've realised I'm beyond vanilla!
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let me share this with the S&S mods

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

dudara wrote: »
    Let me share this with the S&S mods

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had a quick discussion with the S&S mods. We don't want to have to make posters explain every acronym in every post, as that would disrupt flow, but we do understand that some help may be needed occasionally. So they've suggested to add a list of common acronyms in the Charter (or somewhere obvious).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That's great thanks for that.

Advertisement