Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown Thomas - Gift cards

• 27-06-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I assume a lot of people here have been to Brown Thomas (I haven't yet!)

I have received €100 as a Brown Thomas gift voucher (from Etihad!) ... but is it possible to get this as cash by buying something and returning it or does it just re-credit the gift card?

The alternative of course is that I sell the gift card for €95 or something as I imagine it isn't linked to a specific name?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Pretty sure if you return something they will put it back onto a card. I returned something I had bought with an One for All voucher and they put that back onto a Brown Thomas gift card which was quite annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No probs, will try to sell the card on so.. thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

They'll definitely put it back on the gift card. They're having a sale at the moment though if you have to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Refunds are to the gift card. Might be worth investing in some kitchenware in the sale and resale. You might get better profit to resell that than a voucher.

Could be a good excuse to venture in there for the first time alright... though I'd probably just go in to buy Dolce Gusto pods assuming they sell those alongside the Nespresso :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I'd buy it for 80, but 95 for 100, maybe a family member would give it.

I'd buy it for 80, but 95 for 100, maybe a family member would give it.

Will keep you in mind thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mrcheez wrote: »
    Could be a good excuse to venture in there for the first time alright... though I'd probably just go in to buy Dolce Gusto pods assuming they sell those alongside the Nespresso :)

I wouldn't think you'd get Dolce Gusto pods there

Advertisement