Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid year is approaching, how are we doing?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

So inspired by this post on Instagram by Veloviewer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV2macQFl_3/

How is everyone doing goal wise this time of the year?

Personally I'm fairly disappointed myself, only 1,900km with 10k elevation. Had a bit of an injury setback earlier in the year and then a period of depression sat on my backside generally feeling sorry for myself. Got myself back into gear when the weather got better and am back averaging 150km a week now so there may be a chance I'll hit my year end goal of 5,000km.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

2213km and 17650m so far this year , was planning for 4000km this year and looking ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

7,500 kms and 49,000metres climbing, av. speed 28.3kph.
    Av. speed well up.
    year going really well. delighted

edit.
    I should add, that it's relatively easy for me to get the miles in. I'm retired, so nothing to stop me getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭seaviewphotos

My first year on the bike, I set myself a small target of 1000km by years end. The good news is if I get 30km in this week I'll have reached my target in 6 months, that's 1000km more than I rode last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Got to 1034 km this evening
    No idea of climbing
    Thats more than 2016 so I am delighted.
    Goal is to be able to do a 120km in October and its looking ok at the moment.

Some impressive figures posted . Hopefully the body will return to somewhere near where thing were pre 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've lived in 4 different addresses over the first 5 months of 2017 so I'm a good bit behind last year but nevertheless have 8,900kms covered so far with 67,000m climbed. Should be in around 18,000kms for 2017 all going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I've lived in 4 different addresses over the first 5 months of 2017 so I'm a good bit behind last year but nevertheless have 8,900kms covered so far with 67,000m climbed. Should be in around 18,000kms for 2017 all going well.

Is this our cue to quietly leave through the tradesmen's door? :o

Very impressive stuff indeed.

P_1 wrote: »
    Is this our cue to quietly leave through the tradesmen's door? :o.....
    LOL ....well you did ask!

....and I'm on a sort of cycling holiday at the moment and there's 3 more days to go until the mid-year point so things can only get better!!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've done 4100 km and 32000 metres apparently. Already passed my yearly total from last year and any other year. Could've done more too probably.

Also did a coast to coast solo finally and have racked up a load of PRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Ticking along - 9,300km / 82,300m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

P_1 wrote: »
    Is this our cue to quietly leave through the tradesmen's door? :o

Very impressive stuff indeed.

Which ? The cycling or the 4 addresses in 5 months :)

hope WA remembers where he lives when he gets home from hols.... :)

I set a target of 6k km. On schedule as I'm just past 3k at the moment, and close on 25k meters climbing.

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    .....hope WA remembers where he lives when he gets home from hols.... :)
    I think we're settled now but anyhow I've told Mrs WA that I am not ever moving house again after the trauma of this year. I'm sick to the teeth of living out of boxes for the past few months!

Plastik wrote: »
    Ticking along - 9,300km / 82,300m.
    Impressive stuff Plastik! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Poor this year so far with just 1946kms and 10670m of climbing, hope to up the ante a bit between now and the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭dahat

5500km into a 10000km goal, a little behind but I've achieved alot cycling wise so far this year so in my eyes it's a success regardless of whether or reach the 10,00km goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

5000Km with ~50000m, my best year to date. Hoping July/August are going to be fantastic weather wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Passed the 4k just yesterday. Not sure on climbing bit it's probably only around the 15,000m mark.

Aiming for 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

2,217km so far this year with 13,000m of climbing.

Well past what I did last year.

Have set a target of 5,000km, then I am buying a new bike

1zf26ad.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I managed 8,500km last year so set myself what I considered an ambitious target of 10,000km for 2017. Ambitious because of the amount of time it takes with 2 kids and a 9-5 job. Anyway, so far I'm happy. A lot of it is commuting but it's the only way to get around the time availability.

VV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

LOL ....well you did ask!

....and I'm on a sort of cycling holiday at the moment and there's 3 more days to go until the mid-year point so things can only get better!!! :D

Technically, I think there's 4 days left. The first six months has less days than the last six. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Redfence74

4000 km this yr ..but not happy with where I am at.....struggling to stay with faster cyclist's even though I am doing more ....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How am I doing? Naff

Next half year is going to be my half year:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

1928 Km so far - no idea of climbing. Was without a bike for a few weeks in March and that set me back, and now I have no rear wheel for a while, so I need to push on a bit to hit my 5000 Km target

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not as well as hoped; 1750km, 8600m of climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Still alive. That's the only stat that matters (or at least that's what I try console myself with)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Back in college part-time this year so expected to be behind last year but happy enough with where I'm at YTD. Not out on the MTB much so mainly road and commuting.

Time: 255 hours
    Distance: 6,043 Kms
    Elevation: 70,129 mts

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Total dist:4,302 km
    Total elev:34,135 m
    Total time:191:20:43

Down on what I would have liked to have done by now but still time to recover in July\August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Distance 5,960.1 km
    Time 223h 52m
    Elev Gain 47,560 m

Happy enough, had a bit of a stuttery middle section of the year but tipping along nicely now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Not a great year so far, very little cycling in May & June due to health problems. Off to Kerry next week on hols with the family so hope I can hit some hills.

Distance:1,891.53 km
    Time:117:00:05 h:m:s
    Elevation Gain: 29,419 m

• Registered Users Posts: 22 floodser

Distance 1,993.9 km
    Time 96h 33m
    Elev Gain 34,713 m
    Rides 41

Happy enough. Was planning to get out more often, especially at the start of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Grand, wanted to do the Mizen to Malin in one go and did it in 29hrs by myself last week.

Take the rest of the year off

vZWKJ7j.png

Advertisement