Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very disappointing result on Saturday against Arsenal. Only good thing was that Davinson Sanchez looks fairly impressive and well able to fill in for Toby. Not sure about Dier when he plays in the back line.. Any word on the mystery that is lamalla????

Played for the U-23s on Saturday. Did well but there's a lot of speculation that it's psychological and not physical problems keeping him out of selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Live tonight bt sport 3 and,eir sport 2.
    Coys! Hope to see rose and lorrente start

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Excellent win tonight. Really controlled the game well after Dortmund got their goal. Superb finish from Son for the 2nd as well (Kane's wan't bad either :P).

Topped the ****ing group! :D

Good win, especially coming from a goal down away from home.

• Advertisement

Dortmund are in a mess. Can see them sacking that manager.

Group of death they said ...completed it mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

davycc wrote: »
    Group of death they said ...completed it mate!

With a game to spare....... And to all the teams sitting happily on top of your qualifying Groups let me introduce you to your potential last 16 opponent ....... Real Madrid.

I'm pinching myself, even though I know we will inevitably draw Bayern or Juve next! I will have confidence whoever it is. After that, especially if Real draw one of the big guns, Barca or PSG, a bit of luck will carry some team a long way, hopefully it's Spurs.

West Brom will sit back now and defend, as we struggle to break these teams down. I expect this to end with 75% of possession to us, but at best 1 point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Kiith wrote: »
    West Brom will sit back now and defend, as we struggle to break these teams down. I expect this to end with 75% of possession to us, but at best 1 point.

Yep we don't do well when we ship an early goal and then they park the bus, fingers crossed we get a breakthrough, any hint of a run at the title is going down the swanny with the loss to Arsenal last weekend and this potentially poor home result against WBA.

• Advertisement

Winks and Vertonghen off for Dembele and Llorente. Strange subs, given how poor Eriksen and Deli have been.

About time. Kane, 1-1.

15 minutes to get a winner now.

2 points dropped there. Poch needs to drill it into these players that there needs to be more urgency about our play. We go out, and stroll around the park, assuming we'll beat these teams. It takes a nightmare start for us to actually wake up.

Eriksen was awful today, Deli wasn't much better, and Davis was poor as well. Overall, a poor effort.

We should have lost it! Rondon missed an absolute sitter at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Dortmund are in a mess. Can see them sacking that manager.

An absolute mess, 4-0 up at half time today and still couldn't win.

Playing Leicester away tonight, could not find a live channel yet?

Looks like lamela Wil be back so we deserve to give Leicester a hiding and we play better away from Wembley so I expect us to hammer these lot

Fcuk sake. If there was no one in goals Sissoko would miss.

Laughable from Spurs.

Once again, the opposition want this more. Absolutely no threat from our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Well I guess tonight is when we find out what this team is made off

I don't understand Sissoko being on instead of Son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Couple of decent CL performances has gone to their heads.

Lamela with a great pass. Might be too little too late though.

Simply not good enough from Spurs again. Eriksen, Alli and a few others need to be dropped, as they are playing some woeful football. Sissoko needs to be sold...he's an awful footballer. Squad isn't strong enough.

Poch needs to figure out what is wrong with these players, and to kick them up the ****ing hole until they start doing basic tasks properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We have been absolute pants since Real Madrid game. I think we need to go with the following formation;

LLoris
    Dier Sanchez Vert
    Trip Alli Dembele Rose
    Erik Eriksen/Son
    Kane

Both Aurier and Llorente have been dreadful signings so far and it is safe to say GKN is a failed experiment as well.

We need to buy a new CM in January who can bring the ball from midfield.

Moreover, Lamela did more in 10 minutes than Eriksen did in last 4 games.

I am consoling myself that I always thought this season was about getting CL football next year. That hasn't gone but we are giving Liverpool and Arsenal great hope that their mediocre teams can get the last spot when we should be out of sight. 1 point out of 12 is relegation form and it is all down to a Billy Bigboots attitude seeping into the team. Half-hearted challenges at one end and exasperated looks to the heavens at the other when every attack doesn't produce a goal.

Poch really needs to get a grip on this before it becomes a freefall (If 1/12 is not already a freefall). It is extremely worrying that this lapse in form has come when Danny Rose has come back into the squad. I really hope that it is a horrible coincidence and not that he has re-invented himself as a shop steward for the downtrodden oppressed workers. Also it already looks like Llorente is joining a long list of players who turn to shyte when they pull on a Spurs jersey...... Janssen...Soldado....Postiga...Rebrov....

Its not too late to turn it around obviously, but the signs are ominous that some of the players are only going to turn up for CL football. Hopefully they will realise in time that they need to start winning league games soon because most of them are tied to Spurs until 2020 and 2021 so no Top Four no CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The injury to Toby has been huge, and has had a knock on effect elsewhere.
    We're missing his quality at the back, but with Dier at CB we have no proper DM.
    While Wanyama and Toby remain out I'd revert to 4 at the back with Dier as DM.

Of course, all talk of formations etc is moot if the attitude is wrong.

I think it's a combination of things. The team looks tired (Eriksen, Dele and Kane especially), we're missing Wanyama and Alderweireld and also the team didn't do the right things last night. Llorente, Eriksen and Sissoko all missed sitters. Even I know not to left Mahrez come inside on his left foot so God knows what Verts was thinking. I'm just after watching the full second half and to be honest Lloris had nothing to do all game (except pick the ball out of the net twice). COYS.

i think we need to be realistic, this is one of the worst sequence of results we have had in over 2 years and that is saying something for spurs, my young lad asked me last night how come spurs are losing so much, he actually doesnt remember them losing two games that close together, they are playing poorly at the moment but we need to get behind them and get over this blip

waynama is a huge loss and very underestimated to this team, I was at the game last weekend and while young winks played ok, he was bullied by west brom, only when dembele came on did we start to boss midfield.

Also we seem to have lost our intensity from last year, that was my first game this season and i have to say we look a pale shadow of last years team, how much of that is down to wembley i dont know but there is no atmosphere in the place

its hard to take being out of the league in november but we have FA Cup and champions league still to play for

This time last year was worse, and we sorted it out.

qiX4Cbj.png

• Advertisement

Wanyama has been missing for ages, while it would be beneficial to have him back, theres something else wrong... Maybe it's Rose been back in the 2st time squad, I dunno.

First proper slump of Pochs era, let's see how it goes from here. I have every faith he will turn it around v soon.

But the Sissoko thing is baffling, f*ck me, just give away to a Turkish team this January or something please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Things are so bad we may even have to recall big Vince from his loan spell !

Tonight's results are a bit worrying, other teams scoring for fun and we can't buy a goal,

Tonight's results are a bit worrying, other teams scoring for fun and we can't buy a goal,

22 in the league so far. Not good enough.

The really worrying thing is Kane was injured during the bad run last year. The real drop off is coming from Eriksen & Alli who just aren't on their game and Son, who isn't getting the game time.

I have to say I don't like the way Alli is covered in Kinesiology tape every game. I am sure there are genuine benefits to it but the fact that he feels he needs it would suggest he doesn't think his body is the way it should be. I really hope there is modern scientific analysis going into the players training and they are not being flogged to death. That will work short-term, especially if you have plenty of rest periods (Leicester, Chelsea last year, Kanté both years) but a heavy workload takes it's toll eventually.

I suppose our position in the league answers that question

Last year we looked like scoring every time we attacked, this year we don't,
    I don't know the answer but I do believe we have the right man to turn us around

• Advertisement

Away v Watford today, not on tv sadly.

What the **** is wrong with the team at the moment. Absolute shambles in defence.

Ever since that book came out......

Something not right somewhere....

Goal for Son. Sisokko would not even get into that position to score although sisokko is probally more of a defensive player

• Advertisement

We are making hard hard work of this. Oh and Sissoko came on! :)

Simply not good enough...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ever since Poch announced that ye weren't contending for the title it seems to have seriously taken the wind out of your sails? Prob where the pattern was heading anyways, but it's been very bad since.

Top 4 is fast slipping away too, that is the most worrying aspect

I would have been very surprised at the start of this season if we got top four with the Wembley situation. Its the away fixtures that we were winning over the last few years that we are slipping up on now as well.

I wasn't buying into the whole book situation but I have started reading the book and I have to say if you were a player you may get a little pissed off reading it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s more down to three of our best players missing or out of form. Toby. Eriksen cannot come down from the Denmark heroics, we had same situation with Palacois years ago when Honduras qualified he was never same player. Delle Ali is only trying in the big games it looks like too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Didn't like Alli's attitude when being subbed.

Did he shoulder pooch as he walked past him?

Everyone of our players seem to be a yard off the ball all the through the game.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Live on bt 3 sport at 7'

Official team is vorm, aurier, foyth, Sanchez, rose,Sissoko, winks, nkooudo, Alli,son, lorrente.

Subs: gazza ,vertongen,, dembele, Davies, walker_Peter's, Amos and sterling

Attacking enough lineup let's hope we hammer this lot

Would have liked to seen Kyle Walker Peters start this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement