Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Edit also on eir sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

davycc wrote: »
    Edit also on eir sport!

That eir app is some load of cock. 90% of the time fkr me its down for maintenance. Was working earlier but not its saying maintenance. Why not take it down for mainteance in the middle of the night......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great team goal. Superb pass from Winks, great cross from Aurier, and really well done by Llorente.

Aurier putting in some dangerous crosses that Trippier would be proud of!

Delighted for lorrente breaking his duck, hopefully he can start our next 3 games before city and be flying.

Son is always good in front of goal deserved for the amount of pressing he put in.

More of the same please guys in the second half and a clean sheet too.

Glebee wrote: »
    That eir app is some load of cock. 90% of the time fkr me its down for maintenance. Was working earlier but not its saying maintenance. Why not take it down for mainteance in the middle of the night......

I never used it but it sounds like a disaster ..
    I like hoddle and jenas in the bt studio, can't stand Robbie savage s attempted commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ali continuing his poor form. Hasn't reached anything like the levels he hit last year yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

SuprSi wrote: »
    Ali continuing his poor form. Hasn't reached anything like the levels he hit last year yet.

It was more than a bit depressing that his only contribution to the Sky Sports ticker tape last night was an announcement that he had signed with some management agency. (CAA?)I also wonder why Poch keeps putting him out in easy mid-week games. I hope it's not punishment for not putting it in during training.

I worry that the team is already at a crossroads that I didn't think we would reach until halfway through next season. I thought the age profile was young enough and the buzz around the club was good enough that most of them would have been happy to try and achieve something before chasing the roubles and shekels. I was always too innocent for my own good!:o:o

Alli looks knackered. Probably out partying all night with his model girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

3-0, good performance, Son has been excellent, a Son goal followed by a Kane goal a couple of mins later and we are cruising.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nweayk

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qdrpym

• Advertisement

5 nil, we want 6

5-1 Shawcross with a consolation. Lloris at fault for that one, came for the corner and got nothing of it.

Never got to see any of the game but seems like a good win. Made a mistake with dates while booking a Ryanair flight and spent the afternoon trying to get it changed without Michael O Leary trying to screw me with additional charges... Not easy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Good weekend for us. Picked up the 3 points with a good performance, then the 4 teams directly above us all dropped points. 2nd-6th separated by just 7 points.

I thought we were going to get a decent draw after topping our group.:eek:
    Oh well should be a great test for the Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Juve! That's a very tough draw. At least the 2nd leg is at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

ah its tough but you know what, I would not be too worried, I think with a fully fit team we can take them

we are better off playing a big team and we have had plenty of practice of playing against defensive teams

just got 3 tickets for the Spurs V Arsenal Game, I know a couple of lads who will be happy with their stocking fillers

If we play like we did against Real, i'd give us a very good shot of going through. It will take a game like that though.

Kiith wrote: »
    If we play like we did against Real, i'd give us a very good shot of going through. It will take a game like that though.

If we beat Juve we will have beaten both last year's winners and runners up and still only be in the quarter final. I thought luck was supposed to balance out?

Looking on the bright side, two of Chelsea / Barca and Real / PSG will be gone. Somebody could end up with a handy enough draw to the Semi's. What was that about luck balancing out?

Deise Vu wrote: »
    If we beat Juve we will have beaten both last year's winners and runners up and still only be in the quarter final. I thought luck was supposed to balance out?

Looking on the bright side, two of Chelsea / Barca and Real / PSG will be gone. Somebody could end up with a handy enough draw to the Semi's. What was that about luck balancing out?

which means UTD to get sneaky draw so and spurs to draw bayern:rolleyes:

Toby should be back and he is our most important player...
    We can beat anyone with Toby back I'm looking forward to it..

We also have the home leg last which will help too

• Advertisement

Toby is out till February apparently.

https://twitter.com/MirrorDarren/status/940573001065656320

Was that not a clear penalty with the foul on Son?????? Great to see llamalla start

Was that not a clear penalty with the foul on Son?????? Great to see llamalla start

Not pretty, but good to get the 2nd goal to wrap it up. A good 3 points, especially with Liverpool and Arsenal dropping points.

Can't be too optimistic today, as City are stupidly good. Hoping for a good game from Spurs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kiith wrote: »
    Can't be too optimistic today, as City are stupidly good. Hoping for a good game from Spurs though.

As are the majority of the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This isn't pretty, what's happened to us.

Trippier needs to come off, as Sane is having a field day with him.

City are a superb team, and are deservedly leading. Spurs are ok, but we are really struggling with City's press. There needs to be more quick passing, and stop ****ing around in our own box. I know thats how we normally play, but pass it quickly and get the ball up to Son/Kane, or we have absolutely no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Bring on llorente up front and bang long balls into him, Kane might a knock in.

Bypass Cty press.

If we keep defending like we are. we could get hammered.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

The sooner Sanchez I'd back the better.

Son offering no defensive protection.

Dembele and Winks been overrun in midfield

• Advertisement

After a promising opening they have collapsed completely after conceding an awful goal. Every single one of them from lloris out looks jittery. Trippier is getting a chasing in particular and Winks is completely ineffectual leaving the midfield wide open. The gamble if leaving Son up front with Harry is leaving us shy in midfield seeing as Alli and Ericsson tend to wander. We would be a different prospect if we had Dier and Wanyana in midfield with Dembele (who is nowhere near last years firm yet). Unfortunately injuries and suspensions are killing us.

It doesn’t help when touch, padding and decision making are way below par though. This could get very very tough unless we can get some kind of foothold in midfield.

Danny Rose hasn't been the same since he won strictly come dancing last year either.

Ah well, that's that then. Beaten by the better team.

Tripper ****ing all over the place there. No idea why he's still on the pitch.

I really don't understand Poch not making any changes. It makes no sense with the way some of the players are performing.

And now Son comes off, while Tripper and Winks are still on?

Men against boys. Shocking.

Alli needs to be dropped for a few games. He brings absolutely nothing to the team at the moment, and seems to be back to his dirtbag ways.

With Lamela back, a front 4 of Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane up top would be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Kiith wrote:
    With Lamela back, a front 4 of Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane up top would be far better.

Eriksen could probably do with a few games there aswell

I think Eriksen will be better with Alli off, as he'll be back in the more central attacking role. He's wasted when played from deep, or on the wings.

See pictures of Ali out partying again on Sunday night, good to see the lads has his priorities right anyway

• Advertisement

Harry Kane goal machine! Just beat Henry's and rvps goal records and equal top scorer shearers.

Kane has on game left in the calendar year to overtake shearer !

Harry Kane goal machine! Just beat Henry's and rvps goal records and equal top scorer shearers.

Kane has on game left in the calendar year to overtake shearer !

Superb effort either way, some record to equal and have a chance of setting a new benchmark, not bad for a one season wonder eh?

Kane gets 2 in 30 minutes to beat the record. And that pass to Son was amazing. He's something else.

Like watching Barcelona when we pass that fast! Great team goals , heard son was pushed over in the box too should have been a pen.
    My stream froze for the pen call but hopefully we keep this up in the second half and put 5/6 past them

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Like watching Barcelona when we pass that fast! Great team goals , heard son was pushed over in the box too should have been a pen.
    My stream froze for the pen call but hopefully we keep this up in the second half and put 5/6 past them

It has been lovely to watch but at same time Southampton's defence has been woeful.

Missed Ali goal just after restart but holy funlk son's goal was a thing of beauty.

Hope dembele haven't picked up an injury he looks bit stiff

• Advertisement

Feck sake Hugo

Perfect hat-trick from Kane. Unreal finish from him again.

Also set him as my triple captain this week :P

Hard to keep up but Kane gets a consolation hat trick

Incredible achievement for Harry taking the Golden Boot off Messi / Ronaldo. That kind of thing is huge for the “brand”. It adds more foreign fans especially when a win over Real is thrown into the mix.

Son and Ericsson were also excellent today but the biggest plus for me is that it looks from this and the Burnley game that Alli is back at it. Those four players on song are as good as any forward line in the league including the much vaunted Liverpool “Fab Four”. Looking forward to 2018 now, best wishes to everyone!

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Incredible achievement for Harry taking the Golden Boot off Messi / Ronaldo. That kind of thing is huge for the “brand”. It adds more foreign fans especially when a win over Real is thrown into the mix.

Son and Ericsson were also excellent today but the biggest plus for me is that it looks from this and the Burnley game that Alli is back at it. Those four players on song are as good as any forward line in the league including the much vaunted Liverpool “Fab Four”. Looking forward to 2018 now, best wishes to everyone!

Aye really stepped up after the humuliation at City and did what needed to be done on the tough trip to Burnley, and the home tie with Southampton. Be interesting to see how Burnley go against United today, you don't get yourself in the mix for the Top 4 midway through the season without being a decent side. Be nice to have a result or two go our way and leave us sitting in the Top 4 as the year closed out.

COYS! Top 4 and continue the run past Juve in the CL and we can still have an excellent season even if City are on a different level to the rest.

Edit: As I typed this Burnley have gone 1 up at OT

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement