Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

thought Moura was superb for Spurs today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only saw the extended highlights, but wasn't as bad as i'd feared. Some decent performances, and GLC and Lamela look good when they come on together. We could have easily nicked a point at the end if our finishing had been better.

Sounds like it may have been Eriksen's last game, as he was apparently walking around clapping at the fans, and gave away his jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    Sounds like it may have been Eriksen's last game, as he was apparently walking around clapping at the fans, and gave away his jersey.

Surprised he found anyone willing to take it.

Tanganga looked very good. Caught out a bit for the goal, but overall was quite good and definitely a prospect. I'd expect to see more of him in the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Tanganga was fantastic this evening for a kid making his debut against an elite team. Son -I’ve always said great lad not a great player. I’d never criticise him though in the same way I would Eriksen or Alli as he cares.

This is Jose’s biggest ever test in management. We need 8 players gone at a minimum and a chairman who doesn’t like to spend. Something will have to give. Deserved a goal for second half show but overall didn’t deserve a point

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

Probably didn't need washing and was practically as good as new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Probably didn't need washing and was practically as good as new.

Jose was heard shouting “Hey Eriksen, get warmed up! I’m taking you off in five minutes”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Klopp had to get Liverpool into a position to 1. Have the money to buy Allison and 2. Be able to attract one of the best keepers in the world.
    This didnt happen overnight it took a couple of years of progress, including improving the players he had this in turn moved Liverpool up the pecking order in order to make the likes of Allison and VVD attainable.
    Klopp needed a keeper from day one in the job but signing a keeper like Allison was a pipedream until he moved Liverpool up a couple of levels.
    Jose is now starting from a higher base than Klopp had to start off from at Liverpool. Spurs have been a regular CL team the last few years and in my eyes consistently one of the best 3 teams in England over the last 5 seasons.
    His comparison to what Liverpool/Klopp had to do arent true. Truth be told he has it easier than Klopp did starting off.

I’m afraid he doesn’t have it easier than Klopp because The Fenway group spend money on the first team and ENIC don’t, well an average of 7mil a year (net) is the evidence.

Spurs will be the first club that Jose didn’t win a trophy at sadly.

I see we are down to 8th now.

Would that be considered mid table?

Phil MCNulty has a new article up on the BBC website highlighting the two opposite directions Liverpool and Spurs have gone since the CL final. Depressing stuff.

Also, I knew Sissoko was injured but didn't realise he is also out until April. Looks like we can look forward to plenty of Winks, Dier and possibly Erikson in midfield for the foreseeable

I see we are down to 8th now.

Would that be considered mid table?

Phil MCNulty has a new article up on the BBC website highlighting the two opposite directions Liverpool and Spurs have gone since the CL final. Depressing stuff.

Also, I knew Sissoko was injured but didn't realise he is also out until April. Looks like we can look forward to plenty of Winks, Dier and possibly Erikson in midfield for the foreseeable

McNulty aint exactly a brain trust. A better analysis wouldn't only go back as far as May 2019, and I'd say any poster in this thread could provide one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Yesterday, nó points so failure. That said it wasn't a bad performance. Especially the 2nd half. They got their goal from a wrong call throw. Spurs should have got something from this but for poor finishing late on

Things are a bit bleak of late with Spurs but when we get rid of a few poor performers and refresh the team, with a top manager in place I believe we will have a much improved team.

We will be a far better team come next August.

McNulty aint exactly a brain trust. A better analysis wouldn't only go back as far as May 2019, and I'd say any poster in this thread could provide one.

Indeed ... it was pretty much the first thing I read this morning and it was a depressing start to my day.

The posters over there refer to him as McNumpty.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Yesterday, nó points so failure. That said it wasn't a bad performance. Especially the 2nd half. They got their goal from a wrong call throw. Spurs should have got something from this but for poor finishing late on

Things are a bit bleak of late with Spurs but when we get rid of a few poor performers and refresh the team, with a top manager in place I believe we will have a much improved team.

We will be a far better team come next August.

agreed

and tbh theres little to no excuse for that second half lineup to start from now on.

why would players improve when there's never any consequences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1216728208567087107?s=19

New midfielder for you by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

coudda been bet by more, coudda snatched a point.....

Eriksen - rubbish again....
    Alli - wtf has happened ?? From having the World at his feet , to not being able to do anything with his feet.....

Winks - hard working, limited player, but works and works.
    Error-ier - was actually ok! And by that I mean, he didn't cause any goals or make gigantic fcuk ups !

Son - very poor.
    Moura - very good..

Its hard to care anymore, when you are watching such insipid, 6 defenders in our back 4, no possession of note in an attacking area, just nothing really …….

As much as I dislike them, Liverpool are doing the basics really well, and thoroughly deserve to win the League (at least) this year. …..

#EnicOut

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

The money being mentioned with Fernandes (to make the deal permanent) seems massively over the top for someone who's barely had a season of top flight football with Benfica (and a lot of that on the bench). If we're willing to pay £50+ million for him, why they **** didn't we pay the extra 40 (or whatever it was) for Dybala?

eh, the "extra 40" aint peanuts!

the loan fee for fernandes is very low. i think its the cheapest way to get a midfielder that jose likes in, and the chances of it turning out that we have to pay the full fee seem minimal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It’s worrying that he can’t get in the Benfica team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ormus wrote: »
    It’s worrying that he can’t get in the Benfica team

Or your worrying too much? Did ya ever think this could possibly end very positive?

• Advertisement

I hope, just like everyone, that he is a good signing. Can't seem to find much info about him, so it's hard to tell though. At least it is a loan to buy deal, so if he doesn't work out, it shouldn't cost us too much. We really need a RB and striker though.

Eriksen to Inter deal looks just about done (£16 million is what they are saying), and now Aurier is being linked with AC. As awful as he is at times, it would be absolutely mental to sell without at least one replacement RB coming in.

I hope, just like everyone, that he is a good signing. Can't seem to find much info about him, so it's hard to tell though. At least it is a loan to buy deal, so if he doesn't work out, it shouldn't cost us too much. We really need a RB and striker though.

Eriksen to Inter deal looks just about done (£16 million is what they are saying), and now Aurier is being linked with AC. As awful as he is at times, it would be absolutely mental to sell without at least one replacement RB coming in.

NO NO NO NONO Noooooo …
    Get rid now ! …. just get rid.... out out out.....

AC seem to be linked with about 15 players at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Aarons at Norwich and Ferguson at WBA being heavily linked

id love to see aarons

Tottenham in 8th position in the 2018/19 club Revenue.

Barca are top with £741 mill
    Spurs 459mill.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/14/barcelona-head-deloitte-money-league-for-first-time-as-top-clubs-rake-in-8bn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Great article and Daily Mail is an oxymoron

Reinforces the facts that Enic are holding Tottenham back. :mad:

No ambition for the football side of the franchise.

#EnicOut

the Daily Mail never has and never will loose an opportunity to stick the boot into spurs, spearheaded by mr anti spurs himself the good martin samuel

i would not even wipe my arse with that rag

the Daily Mail never has and never will loose an opportunity to stick the boot into spurs, spearheaded by mr anti spurs himself the good martin samuel

i would not even wipe my arse with that rag

Doesn't mean the article isn't correct !! :rolleyes:

"Spurs close to a £65mill deal for Bruno Fernandes " (?!) the guardian.

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Doesn't mean the article isn't correct !! :rolleyes:

to coin the phrase used by Ormus above " its UNBIASED OPINION" :D

"Spurs close to a £65mill deal for Bruno Fernandes " (?!) the guardian.

Ill believe that when i see it, mind you Jose is a big fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

#THFC: Gazzaniga, Tanganga, Sanchez, Vertonghen (C), Sessegnon, Dier, Winks, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas.

Young left back Cirkin is on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    #THFC: Gazzaniga, Tanganga, Sanchez, Vertonghen (C), Sessegnon, Dier, Winks, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas.

Young left back Cirkin is on the bench

Dele and Son subs

Possibly Eriksen's last game for us

EOQ5HcHWsAAJVk4.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Shame not to see Parrott even on the bench for this, even with Kane out. Fairly firm confirmation that Jose has no intentions of giving him any bit of playing time this season anyway.

A midfield of Winks, Dier and Eriksen

*shudders*

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Shame not to see Parrott even on the bench for this, even with Kane out. Fairly firm confirmation that Jose has no intentions of giving him any bit of playing time this season anyway.

Jose sending a message to Daniel "This kids ain't even ready for a 3rd round FA cup match never mind filling in for Kane in the league, getting the bloody cheque book out."

• Advertisement

Jose sending a message to Daniel "This kids ain't even ready for a 3rd round FA cup match never mind filling in for Kane in the league, getting the bloody cheque book out."

Yeah, fairly classic Jose alright... though seems a bit early for the "statements with my team selections" move.

Without the politicking, it would have been a great chance to give him a bit of time.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I think it's more about tonights and how important not to be too risky, because in reality the FA cup is probably thing we might have of actually winning some sort of trophy.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Moura as out-and-out striker and lamela, Lo Cel and Eriksen behind?

I think it's more about tonights and how important not to be too risky, because in reality the FA cup is probably thing we might have of actually winning some sort of trophy.

I wouldn't have expected him to start, but there would have been no harm having him on the bench for when you're likely 2 up, especially given his complaints about not having any out and out strikers. Perfect opportunity to see the one that actually is in the squad, and is very highly rated.

Not terribly surprising, he's never been much of a one for giving young forwards a chance, but it's no less disappointing for all that.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Not terribly surprising, he's never been much of a one for giving young forwards a chance, but it's no less disappointing for all that.

Agree 100%

As an ex Belvo player would have loved to see giving some encouragement as to been a part of the first team squad

• Advertisement

Good start, even if it was a gift.

Go Gio :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We look shaky as fcuk. Sanchez having a mare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

2-0, from two players who should be in the starting 11.

Lovely goal by Lamela

Passing is shocking though. Simple passes not connecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Great goal!

Ah lads is Sanchez on drugs or something. Fcuk me.

Glebee wrote: »
    Ah lads is Sanchez on drugs or something. Fcuk me.

definitely not speed anyway :p

Christ will someone tell Lamela stop fcuking about in ur own box

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement