Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

It is very refreshing to see a bit pace in the passes when we have the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Getting niggly

ref a disgrace, watford should be down to ten with capoue getting away with murder

alli showed brilliance there to free up lucas who hits it at keeper

we're in trouble down the flanks, one on one defending they are killing our boys

joke defending to offer them a gift there

as soft as wet brown bag

winks is really not helping out the defence, even when he moves out to do so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gonna lose this unless something changes soon.

jesus christ now a headbutt on jan is worth a yellow

this is actually insane

Troy Deeney really is a plonker. Plays the big hard man but if there’s no chance of a goal for him he hits the deck the minute he feels a hand of his back

as expected, lo celso and lamela have contributed a fair bit on the ball today but havent really gotten back to help out when we lose it enough

frustrating stuff but the ref really is a factor today

as expected, lo celso and lamela have contributed a fair bit on the ball today but havent really gotten back to help out when we lose it enough

frustrating stuff but the ref really is a factor today

I think Lamela and Aurier have done excellently defensively on the right. Delefeou has been a non factor so far

• Advertisement

God we're ****e.

oh *now* a handball is a penalty?

like, it is one, clearly. but that wasnt clear in the first half.

oliver is a cheat.

awful defending in the build up. jogging around not closing our men.

Gazza you beauty!

tell you what

it would be a worth a lot to see a player in the refs face, or in his teammates faces, we are such a passive "whatever" team

good man gazza

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I think Lamela and Aurier have done excellently defensively on the right. Delefeou has been a non factor so far

think aurier has been poor in attack and has dropped a few clangers in defence but its better than the other flank is managing, yes

Why the FCUK is he the first sub??

I don’t care if he scores a hat trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

We are so sh1te is unreal. Im out, see you all next season.

aurier pulls up away from a good pass that wouldve put him through- third time this match.

if hes not going to cross (one decent one in ten), or move it quickly, or even get on to it, hes wasting space up there and id much rather he sat back and defended

when he stays on his feet hes decent one v one, granted, and hes done that well today

A point away to an in form Watford after conceding a penalty would be nice.

• Advertisement

stunning team move there, where did that come from?

winks is ducking everything.

i like the guy but no way he should be out there as the covering midfielder.

After 20 minutes we decided to just stop playing and almost hope that a chance would just fall to us. Then for some reason they/mourinho understand that when we put 3/4 passes together chances might come about for the last 10 minutes.

Crazy tactics/decisions. If even Kane was playing lumping it up front would have been annoying but when Lucas/son are up there it’s even worse.

Glass half full version. A point and clean sheet away from home and Fernandes looked good

agreed with your glass half full, im allowing the ref to balance out the penalty concession

nobody showing up front, because we have nobody to do so. nuts to not then play facing forward and getting the quick passing forward.

plus side, i think tanganga proved himself again today against a player any of our other options there wouldve done worse against, and we were *ok* in defence.... most of the time

decision making and reactions are still so poor.

Not quite...story of our season :P

jsYZUUp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Kiith wrote: »
    Not quite...story of our season :P

jsYZUUp.jpg

How much further in would have been a goal, about half a centimetre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

tanko wrote: »
    How much further in would have been a goal, about half a centimetre?

10.4mm is the figure they've given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We gained a point on Chelsea after amazing Newcastle win.

Glebee wrote:

The United fans warned us it would be tough to take but my God it's worse than anything I could have imagined. Such a stark contrast to what we had for 90% of the Poch era. Haven't see us play this brand of football since Ramos or Gross.

From bbc website.

Tottenham kept their first away clean sheet in the league for 382 days, since winning 3-0 at Cardiff on New Year's Day 2019.

Glebee wrote: »

OK, so ive calmed down a bit after that. Ive been following Spur for almost 40 years so ive seen alot worses times than we have now. I just cant go away im afraid, cant wait till Wednesday nights horror show:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Handball is a peno…
    handball isn't a peno…

Handball is a peno, but not given.

Football is getting soooo hard to watch ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

MOTD coverage of the ref was an insult.

Their handball/our handball I could live with, but Capoue getting away with three yellows, one a borderline red, and Deeney getting every whistle all game deserved calling out.

MOTD coverage of the ref was an insult.

Their handball/our handball I could live with, but Capoue getting away with three yellows, one a borderline red, and Deeney getting every whistle all game deserved calling out.

When the game is squashed in at the end of the programme you know that the game must have been $hite , and that there isn't going to be much analysis of any incidents …..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Betting suspended on Bale Returning to WHL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Jose has told media he had heart to heart with Parrott and told him he was nowhere near ready to play first team football in his opinion.

Christ i thought we were poor but Everton are at another level...

villa are poor but beat a watford team that had out number during the week

tomorrow we play a Norwich team that are halfway relegated already but played us off the pitch a month ago

very few teams in the league that dont look either awful or excellent depending on the day- liverpool the only consistent outfit in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

villa are poor but beat a watford team that had out number during the week

tomorrow we play a Norwich team that are halfway relegated already but played us off the pitch a month ago

very few teams in the league that dont look either awful or excellent depending on the day- liverpool the only consistent outfit in the league

yes liverpool look like they are the only team who want to win it

chelsea look like they could collapse at any time, any sort of a run at all could push a team into the top 4

yes liverpool look like they are the only team who want to win it

chelsea look like they could collapse at any time, any sort of a run at all could push a team into the top 4

We look so far away from being able to string 2 wins together.

At this point I would settle for watching a team that has something even remotely resembling a game plan.

All I can see is that we sit back as if we are going to counter attack. But put no pressure on the ball in our half.

The attack part then seems to be to hoof the ball aimlessly up the pitch and whilst the defence still sit back

The S*n stirring sh1t again.....

Rose , or made up, either way , a bit unsettling.

Players that couldnt be motivated/burnt out under Poch, is happening under Mourinho ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

golfball37 wrote: »
    Jose has told media he had heart to heart with Parrott and told him he was nowhere near ready to play first team football in his opinion.

He never said that. He said Parrott will get minutes but he's not ready to be a replacement for Kane.

• Advertisement

Honestly, i want Rose out of the club more then any other player. He's been cosying up with those tabloid rags for far too long, and must be a negative influence on the dressing room. Off to Newcastle or wherever, where he can continue to google the new players.
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    He never said that. He said Parrott will get minutes but he's not ready to be a replacement for Kane.
    And he's absolutely right. The kid is 17. Not even remotely ready for that big a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Kiith wrote: »
    Honestly, i want Rose out of the club more then any other player. He's been cosying up with those tabloid rags for far too long, and must be a negative influence on the dressing room. Off to Newcastle or wherever, where he can continue to google the new players.

And he's absolutely right. The kid is 17. Not even remotely ready for that big a step up.

He is 100% right. No club would put an untried 17 year old in as first choice striker. It'd be madness if Jose had said anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hard to know how much truth is in new story about Rose but his time is well up and it's def time to say goodbye. The sooner the better IMO.

pay him off and out the door

he is a symbol of everything that is wrong at the club

full of his own importance and unable to back it up on the pitch

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Hard to know how much truth is in new story about Rose but his time is well up and it's def time to say goodbye. The sooner the better IMO.

its probably true and leaked to the press by rose himself, not the first time he would have been shooting his mouth off to the papers

I had read that senior players had a go at DR after his training bust up with Jose. I like him as a player (but he has had intermittent performances recently) but agree he is too much of a negative impact on us moving forward..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

We're on bein sports 11 from seven thirty tonight.

I'll take any win , we are dire the last season and this too .. hopefully gedson gets a start with Lamela and locelco.

Alli can fukk off with Danny rose!

davycc wrote: »
    We're on bein sports 11 from seven thirty tonight.

I'll take any win , we are dire the last season and this too .. hopefully gedson gets a start with Lamela and locelco.

Alli can fukk off with Danny rose!

AH Davy.....Alli has been fairly good. Danny Rose, I agree.

Gedson looks like a class player.

Alli is no better than Rose going back this two years, the few goals and flicks after mourinho joined notwithstanding.

I'd agree totally that Rose is a toxic influence but his influence on our whole team going forward when he plays is noteworthy. When fit, he's still our best fullback on either side imo.

His lack of interest in tracking back or marking the back post cost us many times, but that would have to be said about any fullback we've had going back a long time, so much so that you can't say that it's even a primarily defensive role anymore tbh.

But clear him out, certainly. His big-bollox mouthing to the press was tolerated far too much and he should've been shipped years ago under poch- that he wasnt was one of the first signs that discipline and respect were going out the window in that regime.

• Advertisement

2-0 Spurs :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement