Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris back in nets, which is great to see.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1220051153242685440?s=20

.......im glad for him but i dont think we're one bit better or worse off between him and gazza tbph, both not first choice standard and both have significant weaknesses to their game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

.......im glad for him but i dont think we're one bit better or worse off between him and gazza tbph, both not first choice standard and both have significant weaknesses to their game

Have to disagree there snoop, Lloris is a far better keeper than gazza

Strong bench too
    And no Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Have to disagree there snoop, Lloris is a far better keeper than gazza

Lloris is a better shot stopper and makes some unbelievable saves. But that doesn’t even out how often he is caught out of position or how many times he just chips the ball to the opposition/gives hospital balls to our “defenders”

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Lloris is a better shot stopper and makes some unbelievable saves. But that doesn’t even out how often he is caught out of position or how many times he just chips the ball to the opposition/gives hospital balls to our “defenders”

I’ll give you the distribution, that is poor and let’s him down but his positional play is not bad, in fact it’s what makes him such a good shot stopper

Overall he is better than gazza

Good play by Lo Celso.

have no issue with different opinions

they are certainly very different keepers, gazza has almost no reach, very cumbersome if the ball is outside of his hand span, but he gets in the way of plenty once its within range and i think hes better when its put into the mixer and heas surrounded. also think he has better judgement when its at his feet.

lloris is like a cat across the goal but he lacks physical presence, stuff gets through him and players can get at him. also prone to dawdling and miskicking with ball at his feet, to the tune of several goals conceded this way over two seasons

lloris is in the eriksen, rose, vertonghen camp for me. been a very good servant but no longer capable of keeping this team top four.

bright start this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Id love to see our midfielders receive the ball in midfield, turn and drive forward instead of passing straight backwards.

• Advertisement

bright start faded

they should be ahead after doing nothing particularly special but carving us up anyway

nice to see some dangerous crosses going in from deep and from corners tho!

Alli needs to cop the fxuk on big time. Does he think hes playing Fifa or something...

lo celso is like a demon in the midfield, tackling everything

unfortunately deles flicks, lamelas passing, son thumping it into row z and lucas charging into opposition are all on show so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

davycc wrote:
    We're on bein sports 11 from seven thirty tonight.

Any other channels?

Any other channels?

Astro supersports

Glebee wrote: »
    Alli needs to cop the fxuk on big time. Does he think hes playing Fifa or something...

two flicks to lose the ball and three swipes that couldve been cheap fouls/yellows since

petulant, irresponsible and showing off all of his worst traits so far. the player opposition fans claim he is.

lol i should be charging ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Dele :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

lo celso has been brilliant in the tackle, and won it there again i think for the goal

• Advertisement

Nice finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Any other channels?

Supersport 4 working perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lol i should be charging ye

Reverse jinx go on Dele!!!

Love having Lamela and Lo Celso on the pitch. May not be the best players ever, but at least they'll work their absolute bollox off to get the ball every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Kiith wrote: »
    Love having Lamela and Lo Celso on the pitch. May not be the best players ever, but at least they'll work their absolute bollox off to get the ball every time.

They try and move the ball forward quicker too which helps everything. Doesn't always come off but it's better than the Dier swivel-and-back-to-keeper routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Spurs playing well. Going for 3 nil with son and Fernandes getting the next two

Could be a red.

Nope, just a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

So far this season GLC has looked skilful and willing but slightly off the pace. I think he has it in him to get the hang of it and get stuck in. If he does he’s gonna be excellent.

thats another red

refs in the epl really have a funny idea of consistency

• Advertisement

How can any ref look at a slow mo replay of that and say that not a red. He left his foot out with studs up. What ever about missing it in normal play but missing it in a replay

falling apart

is thay cantwell again? because that looks a very cheap/reckless shot on winks

very strong case for a yellow there

two weeks running our players are fair games for a bit of the old ultraviolence

oh thats aurier level stupid from sess

That's been coming. We've been awful in the 2nd half. Sess isn't a left back.

What takes so ****ing long? Correct call first time.

• Advertisement

That's been coming. We've been awful in the 2nd half.

Sess isn't a left back.

you could be a fly half by trade and know never to make that attempt on the ball, its absolutely insane that a professional footballer goes out there and does it at any age, in any position

and we give them away quite often

between that, not tracking and careless passing, the lack of basic professional must-haves in this team this past year would make you weep

This is so painfull against a bottom of the table team.

Bit fluke, but we'll take it. Deli has been ****e, but still got 2 goals (or 1 1/2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

My Son :D:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

im first to dog into aurier, but hes been excellent on the ball tonight and is instrumental again there

son, like alli, rank all night but gets the goal

• Advertisement

two wishes for the remaining ten mins:

calm, steady possession and marking

someone take that cantwell lad and absolutely clean him up into the air

Ah lads Eriksen should be just taken off after pulling out of that tackle. Id rather play with10 men at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It was pathetic

lo celso tonight putting in an absolutely fantastic shift, looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Eriksen is a bloody imposter.

Pretty ****e, but less ****e then our immediate rivals this week. Take the 3 points.

GLC man of the match for sure. Her looks really good.

three shots on target from 14 against a pretty gettable defensive outfit

worth pointing out they had three or four shots go less than a foot wide, on quality chances we lose that game more often than not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

A wins a win. Gaining ground. Believe

I actually forgot that the new siging from Benfica came on. Was he even mentioned??

he covered a bit of ground, didnt shirk closing down, from my stream it was hard at times to pick individual players out in terms of work on the ball tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement