Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Glebee wrote: »
    Ah lads Eriksen should be just taken off after pulling out of that tackle. Id rather play with10 men at this stage.

Agree....he shouldn't be on the pitch because he won't go into a challenge for fear on being injured, which is the last thing he would want going to a new club soon.

Ditch him outta the team and build on who is staying.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

6 points off top 4 but with our hit and miss performances I think we'll still miss out by a couple of points.

Only 4 points separate 5th and 15th. A couple of defeats in a row and we could be looking over our shoulders.

no real point looking at top 4, we have more points than our performances deserve tbh, and if any out of chelsea, arsenal or united were even halfway at it we'd be miles adrift, never mind looking up at wolves/leicester/whoever

the end of the poch project was made as painful as possible by all involved, this is a rebuild on whatever foundations can be salvaged, who knows where it ends but right now its all about finding the solid ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

no real point looking at top 4, we have more points than our performances deserve tbh, and if any out of chelsea, arsenal or united were even halfway at it we'd be miles adrift, never mind looking up at wolves/leicester/whoever

the end of the poch project was made as painful as possible by all involved, this is a rebuild on whatever foundations can be salvaged, who knows where it ends but right now its all about finding the solid ground

But Chelsea, United and Arsenal are equally as shocking and little signs of improvement. Also, Leicester (apart from their win last night) looking very shoddy and likely Vardy out for at least 6 months will see them slump to 9th or 10th.

I think we can get 3rd or 4th, and the players seem to be gelling together. Lamela, Celso, Ged and Alli will be a class midfield. Loris will provide stability in goal. Auerier is coming into himself and Tananga is class.

One or two signings in January will also see us on our way to Wembley and my knees have gone all trembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

true but if we could somehow stumble into the top 4 (like last year) then it would make the rebuild easier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I thought he was going to suffer the same fate as Juan Mata under Mourinho but, of our three summer signings, he's contributing the most by far. He's a very, very tidy player. I hope he's given the chance to kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

66 points at a minimum will be required for top 4. That means we need as many points as we have now in the remaining games, not going to happen imo.

We will finish third.

We will win FA Cup.

We will win Champions League.

End of discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

joeguevara wrote: »
    We will finish third.

We will win FA Cup.

End of discussion.

Jaysus! :eek:

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jaysus! :eek:

i know, poor season really but will have to do i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

We will finish third.

We will win FA Cup.

End of discussion.

Surprised you're giving up on the league this early Joe. It's that sort of losing mentality that has Spurs where we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Surprised you're giving up on the league this early Joe. It's that sort of losing mentality that has Spurs where we are.

Bottlers:):)

even joe has gone spursy!

It’s my birthday.

I’m 41 and winning the league is for hipsters.

Honestly think Liverpool will capitulate and city will win league, pool second.

I’d take the rest.

Never go spursy but bizarrely none of my mates knew about the Chas and Dave song about ‘spurs are on their way to Wembley’ and even more bizarre wouldn’t believe they sang the only fools song.

Also none of them knew about Gazza singing fog on the Tyne. I have to educate them all.

Funniest was that one believed that when Arafat died, Paul Gascogne sent over a rangers jersey because he heard he wanted to be buried in the Gaza Strip. That fella is a moron though.

Fun fact, day I was born, hit me with your rhythm stick was number 1. Yes I’m drunk. Yes bale is coming home, joe out,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No chance of Liverpool bottling it...they've already won it. And they absolutely deserve it.

But Happy Birthday!

Kiith wrote: »
    No chance of Liverpool bottling it...they've already won it. And they absolutely deserve it.

But Happy Birthday!

I thought they might have dropped points against wolves but really fair play. They are streets ahead of everyone.

They deserve to be top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah you really have to admire how they've gone about their business, and how it's translated on the pitch. They're a quality team and I actually hope they go the whole season unbeaten.

Does anyone think we will get Bale? Always hoped he’d come back but now it’s probable more than a dream.

Have a feeling we will get Bruno Fernandes as well.

One more striker is mooted but forget who.

Jose will get players and won’t be docile like Poch.

I also reckon Poch will be United Manager within a week.

No, Bale won't happen imo. Neither will Bruno imo. He'll be at Utd by the end of the month i'd say. Ole will be there till the summer unless he gets knocked out of both the cup and CL.

We definitely need a striker, but i suspect we won't do anymore business this window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone think we will get Bale? Always hoped he’d come back but now it’s probable more than a dream.

Have a feeling we will get Bruno Fernandes as well.

One more striker is mooted but forget who.

Jose will get players and won’t be docile like Poch.

I also reckon Poch will be United Manager within a week.

United seem to be walking away from the Fernandez deal because SP want to much money. I don't see Spurs paying more than United for a player?

I think Jose will focus on improving your back four this summer and a DM.

No, Bale won't happen imo. Neither will Bruno imo. He'll be at Utd by the end of the month i'd say. Ole will be there till the summer unless he gets knocked out of both the cup and CL.

We definitely need a striker, but i suspect we won't do anymore business this window.

Normally I’d agree but the fact we got Jose demonstrates our intent. Also if we don’t qualify for CL it would be devastating for financials.

I think Bale will join and The Portuguese connection is a positive for Bruno. We nearly got him in the summer and I honestly believe we are a more attractive option than United.

We will also get that Turkish striker, name escapes me.

It will be our most prolific January window ever. But then lads, you know my optimism.

But then lads, you know my optimism.

And we love it :D

And we love it :D

Sometimes..then other times I even get on my nerves...but my birthday means anything can happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is the Cup game on tv ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

wont get bale

wont get fernandes

these arent serious bids

will get rid of rose, eriksen and possibly wanyama

will sign willian jose and one other defender

greenspurs wrote: »
    Is the Cup game on tv ?

Not televised live but will get on a stream or a foreign channel.

Not televised live but will get on a stream or a foreign channel.

As an additional bonus, Eir (410 on UPC) will shows Southampton v Spurs at 3pm on Saturday.

Someone posted that in the FA Cup thread so looks live it is on TV here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

game is live on Eir Sports 1

Totally agree. Biggest challenge facing Klopp is coming up with enough bullsh1t to pretend to us the title race isn't over. 16 points clear and he's probably finding it difficult to keep a straight face at press conferences saying it's not over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Totally agree. Biggest challenge facing Klopp is coming up with enough bullsh1t to pretend to us the title race isn't over. 16 points clear and he's probably finding it difficult to keep a straight face at press conferences saying it's not over.

Klopp is dead right, there’s nothing to gain by saying it’s over. It only invites complacency. I’d say he has more difficulty not walking out of interview after interview trying to get him to say what he doesn’t wanna say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We were as good as Liverpool just 2 years ago

Ormus wrote: »
    Klopp is dead right, there’s nothing to gain by saying it’s over. It only invites complacency. I’d say he has more difficulty not walking out of interview after interview trying to get him to say what he doesn’t wanna say.

Oh I wasn't having a go at him. Just saying that anyone that follows football knows it's Liverpool's title.

I thought the striker was that polish lad with AC Milan

Fernandes was supposedly all but signed in the summer until we jilted him for dybala

Bale wont happen, 7 years is a long time so i am not sure we would get the bale who left back then

I dont care who sign as long as it has been approved by Jose and not a levy cheaper alternative

that is the only way the rebuild will work, signing players the manager wants

Happy Birthday Joe, 41 ur only a young lad :)

TitianGerm wrote: »

I HOPE its true cause im sick of it at this stage,

that lad has tweeted something similar god knows how many times at this stage so id take him with a large amount of salt

ive read that deal is done thirty times this week

the only confirmation is the official one, otherwise we'd already have fernandes and dybala and we'd be second

I HOPE its true cause im sick of it at this stage,

that lad has tweeted something similar god knows how many times at this stage so id take him with a large amount of salt

I actually saw a stat after the Liverpool Spurs game that Alisson had more dribbles past an opponent than Erikson this season.

Be interesting to see how the squad look after this. Was he being a negative influence around the club and now there may be better harmony there.

Looks like Lamela is the last of the magnificent seven.

• Advertisement

Looks like Lamela is the last of the magnificent seven.

Wouldn’t it be some twist of fate that when (if) bale returned to the club only one of the magnificent 7 signed by his sale is left

If memory serves me correct only one of the magnificent 7 always survive, only viewers of a certain age might get that one

Wouldn’t it be some twist of fate that when (if) bale returned to the club only one of the magnificent 7 signed by his sale is left

If memory serves me correct only one of the magnificent 7 always survive, only viewers of a certain age might get that one

I think theres at least two left alive at the end, lol

Glebee wrote: »
    I think theres at least two left alive at the end, lol

Lamela and Bale, with Eriksen being the rat bad guy.

no troy but decent lineup

Bit ot but is Ged cup tied for CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

no troy but decent lineup

He doesnt seem to be getting a look in at all, hasn't made the bench in a few weeks even. Not ready enough for Jose, a loan move might be an option at this point for him

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    He doesnt seem to be getting a look in at all, hasn't made the bench in a few weeks even. Not ready enough for Jose, a loan move might be an option at this point for him

It is better for him to be training with the quality we have. Jose knows what he is doing. Obviously rates him higher than the Leeds guy who he immediately sent out to loan.

Ah for fcuk sake, what a miss from Son. Did not even hit the target... Absolute sitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭prodsc

Moura should have buried it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

prodsc wrote: »
    Moura should have buried it!!!

Good save in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Some defending by Tanganga. They playing a very high line and we should be taking advantage.. we look like being in every few mins. Just need one good pass

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement