Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nathan Redmond looks a far better player than Son, Moura or Alli btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Is it too early to say tanganga looks like a beast of a defender? Very exciting prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

On train so only getting updates...seems like we are getting good chances...glad tamanga is playing well as he was only so so last time he played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

joeguevara wrote: »
    On train so only getting updates...seems like we are getting good chances...glad tamanga is playing well as he was only so so last time he played

Nearly all Spurs so far but we have missed 3 good chance, Southampton have had a chance cleared off the line. Decent game in fairness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Southampton look the better team in the 2nd half. We barely seem to be able to get on the ball.

And we score. Fantastic work by Lo Celso again, finished by Son.

Or do we....nope, ruled out. Pretty harsh for me.

Or maybe we do! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

That was close. Could’ve gone either way there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sonny :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

tom1ie wrote: »
    Is it too early to say tanganga looks like a beast of a defender? Very exciting prospect.

He's one of our own :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Im amazed VAR did not rule that a foul by Alli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Glebee wrote: »

Is the FA Cup VAR done at a different location to the Premier League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Glebee wrote: »

Looked to me like the Southampton player tried to block Alli’s run, and Alli just kept running his line.

abff wrote: »
    Is the FA Cup VAR done at a different location to the Premier League?

VAR HQ is at Stockley Park in south West London, and every Premier League manager was invited there during the summer to be briefed on how the system will work.

Same in the FA Cup

How many simple crosses does Sanchez miss per game??

Stonewall handball. Lucky to get away with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

How did Ings miss that?

We're getting caught down the left hand side time and again. Son isn't covering at all.

Aurier you gimp..

No less then they deserve. They have been all over us for most of the game, and we look awful.

• Advertisement

Lloris should have kicked it out of play before the equaliser to allow Dier to come on.

Ah jayus :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Win the fa cup ,mehole

Ah jayus :mad:

Jesus christ, i thought my stream was behind and southampton had scored a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought the striker was that polish lad with AC Milan

Fernandes was supposedly all but signed in the summer until we jilted him for dybala

Bale wont happen, 7 years is a long time so i am not sure we would get the bale who left back then

I dont care who sign as long as it has been approved by Jose and not a levy cheaper alternative

that is the only way the rebuild will work, signing players the manager wants

Happy Birthday Joe, 41 ur only a young lad :)

Sorry I know I’m all doom n gloom these days but Jose and rebuild do not go together. He has no interest in rebuild, he wants short term players. This squad will stagnate until we get a forward thinking manager who is willing to coach young players. Prove me wrong José.

Probably already known but we're being strongly linked with a PSV winger named Steven Bergwijn. Twitter leads me to believe that he's basically forcing a transfer at this point....sounds like he'll fit right in! :)

• Advertisement

hes been out for a few months but talent wise hes rated highly, ajax had a 40m bid rejected in the summer but that was before psv fell apart

good signing, has quality and the physique, primarily plays on the right of a 3 (could be bad news for lucas, whom i like but hasnt thrived in any role we've given him)

Just watching some highlights of Lo Celso.. Just wow... Seems like the real deal... Has strength, skill, intelligence and not afraid to put in hard tackles.

Was reading an article from a Korean journalist who said that Son has been playing with an injury last 4 or 5 games which meant he wasn't at his best. Explains some of his poor performances.

I prefer Loris in goal and more games will bring him back.

I believe the Bale transfer will happen. It will be the biggest thing in our clubs modern history if we pull it off. He is still considered one of the best players in the world and is an indictment of how much we have progressed.

Read today that southampton are interested in kwp.... Any chance this could see Ings coming to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Just watching some highlights of Lo Celso.. Just wow... Seems like the real deal... Has strength, skill, intelligence and not afraid to put in hard tackles.

Was reading an article from a Korean journalist who said that Son has been playing with an injury last 4 or 5 games which meant he wasn't at his best. Explains some of his poor performances.

I prefer Loris in goal and more games will bring him back.

I believe the Bale transfer will happen. It will be the biggest thing in our clubs modern history if we pull it off. He is still considered one of the best players in the world and is an indictment of how much we have progressed.

Read today that southampton are interested in kwp.... Any chance this could see Ings coming to us?

If Levy could pull that swap off, he should get the freedom of Tottenham.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    If Levy could pull that swap off, he should get the freedom of Tottenham.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportslens.com/tottenham-transfer-news-southampton-danny-ings/283540/amp/

renderTimingPixel.png

Inter and Tottenham have reached an agreement.

The final figures of the deal are 20 million plus the percentage of solidarity (or 5% more) paid by Inter,
    plus the total proceeds of a friendly match between Inter and Tottenham.

All the best :)

Goodbye_Christian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Whatever about Ings, Jimenez is the man we should be going for. 28 years old, in his prime... not much in the way of resale value granted but has proved he can do the business in the EPL so the risk is removed compared to some fella from France or Italy or Portugal who might come in and do well but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Bergwin was linked in summer too, don’t know much about him but he is highly rated

Emre Can being linked too, not sure about that one

Ings is hard one to call, never made it at pool but to be fair got a bad injury and they have a few good strikers, I think he do well under mourhino

Bale won’t happen Joe

Better strap in now for the silly week coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Really ??

Im not so sure.
    A 30 year old, with quite a lot of injuries, particularily muscle injuries, which is tough on a player that relies on speed.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth-bale/verletzungen/spieler/39381

And hes not a striker , or a full back (anymore) ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Apparently we'll sign a highly rated midfielder/winger today, with Steven Bergwjin coming in from PSV. €30 million is the fee being touted. No idea what he's like, but apparently he's a pacey winger with 5 goals and 10 assists in 16 games.

https://twitter.com/marc_ba12/status/1221745021063516160?s=19
    https://theathletic.co.uk/1560835/2020/01/27/ornstein-tottenham-cavani-united-bergwijn-eriksen-vieira-liverpool-newcastle-raiola-wanyama/

Also heavily linked with Piatek as well, with some rumours that we may have thrown in a bid for Bruno Fernandes. Not sure how likely they are though.

On the outs, it looks like Rose and KWP are off on loan. And Eriksen will be done today apparently.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-danny-rose-kyle-walkerpeters-transfer-news-a4345671.html

joeguevara wrote:

greenspurs wrote:
    Im not so sure. A 30 year old, with quite a lot of injuries, particularily muscle injuries, which is tough on a player that relies on speed.

I agree with Greenspurs. Signing Bale now would be akin to that time Newcastle signed Owen from Madrid... he's not the same player. Would still make a decent impact in the short term though.

Kiith wrote: »
    Apparently we'll sign a highly rated midfielder/winger today, with Steven Bergwjin coming in from PSV. €30 million is the fee being touted. No idea what he's like, but apparently he's a pacey winger with 5 goals and 10 assists in 16 games.

https://twitter.com/marc_ba12/status/1221745021063516160?s=19
    https://theathletic.co.uk/1560835/2020/01/27/ornstein-tottenham-cavani-united-bergwijn-eriksen-vieira-liverpool-newcastle-raiola-wanyama/

Also heavily linked with Piatek as well, with some rumours that we may have thrown in a bid for Bruno Fernandes. Not sure how likely they are though.

On the outs, it looks like Rose and KWP are off on loan. And Eriksen will be done today apparently.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-danny-rose-kyle-walkerpeters-transfer-news-a4345671.html

Rose going to Newcastle on Loan apparently, good riddance

did anyone read the piece with alderweireld and his response when asked about rifts with Jose

" No rifts with Jose and false leaks must be from some disgruntled squad player "

i wonder who he was referring to there

Maybe it's harsh of me, but Rose getting gone is probably the best bit of business we could do this window. He's become one of the biggest problem players we have, spends way too much time cosying up with rags like The Sun, and i'd say is definitely the "disgruntled" player mentioned above.

He was great in his day, but it's well past time we moved him on.

ive thought for three windows now that the players we move out (or dont) have been as or more important than getting people in

enic out crew wont agree with that, but its not about spending or otherwise, its the effect that some of the senior players had on pochs approach to management after walker doubled his money and started winning things while working a lot less after his move.

eriksen, alli, rose, dier have all had serious dips in form and arguably attitude in the intervening time and the squad, under pochs methods of "all in" just hadnt the momentum to fight that kind of dead weight.

I wonder has Poch received any job offers from serious big clubs at this stage. Maybe he needs a break.

I'd say he's waiting on the United job in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm not trying to be Narky but who gives a fu*k what Poch does. I don't get it!

levy still holds a yes/no over him by dint of still paying his salary according to what ive read

might suit both parties while he rests up a bit tbh

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be Narky but who gives a fu*k what Poch does. I don't get it!

I still love the man, so i hope it works out for him. I'll hate seeing him at Utd if he goes there, but good luck to him wherever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ive thought for three windows now that the players we move out (or dont) have been as or more important than getting people in

enic out crew wont agree with that, but its not about spending or otherwise, its the effect that some of the senior players had on pochs approach to management after walker doubled his money and started winning things while working a lot less after his move.

eriksen, alli, rose, dier have all had serious dips in form and arguably attitude in the intervening time and the squad, under pochs methods of "all in" just hadnt the momentum to fight that kind of dead weight.

don't totally understand what you are trying to say there …….

Rose, Eriksen , Slowtonghen were not wanted by Poch at the end of the 2018 season.
    Levy/Enic then over priced them , so no club would buy them- Poch was stuck with players that knew he didn't want, and therefore players that didn't care.

Levy/Enic then wouldn't offer them new contracts either - Rose saying he was just going to run down his , Eriksen saying he want to *move on (sic), and Toby also delaying his decision to sign on for more.

That's all down to Daniel Enic… Not Poch.

Enic Out .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Get over Southampton and its Norwich at home in next round of FA cup. You have got to back us to get through those although anything is possible these days.

greenspurs wrote: »
    don't totally understand what you are trying to say there …….

Rose, Eriksen , Slowtonghen were not wanted by Poch at the end of the 2018 season.
    Levy/Enic then over priced them , so no club would buy them- Poch was stuck with players that knew he didn't want, and therefore players that didn't care.

Levy/Enic then wouldn't offer them new contracts either - Rose saying he was just going to run down his , Eriksen saying he want to *move on (sic), and Toby also delaying his decision to sign on for more.

That's all down to Daniel Enic… Not Poch.

Enic Out .

Hold on, did spurs not move heaven and earth to keep Eriksen, offered him countless new contracts, I don’t think pooch ever wanted him gone

Rose was just a prick who refused to move, I mean what can club do if player refuses to leave, and pooch was the one who kept playing him, he could have done a mourhino and dropped his ass to reserves

Levy has his faults but we can’t blame him for everything

Poochie out!

ah no i agree with green spurs too that levy didnt do his job in shifting them quickly enough either tbf, blame enough to go round

If Poch was good enough he’d be snapped up and the new club would pay and shortfall that spurs would recoup. It’s simple breach of employment contract. When spurs fired him, they would have had to pay remaining contract. But if he got a new job within that term, spurs wouldn’t be on the hook.

Simple fact is no club has snapped him up. Reason why none of the big clubs like real, or united ( and ole and zz are on the thinnest of ice) is because he is at best above mediocre. He can bring a medium team forward but he will never be a champion.

His tactics were 2d. His man management was shocking. He was petulant and he had no savvy for the transfer market.

As for the constant chants of Enid out. Jaysus. Pool fans were calling for their owners out. We have a stadium worthy of champs. We have to ncreased our stature to every continent. We are attracting players we could only dream about. We have a manager more decorated than 99%.

Who would you prefer over Enic...glaziers....abrahmovich..the Saudis...give alternatives.

• Advertisement

i think poch is taking a break for himself.

i think he'll take united over before the end of the season.

i think he will do well, but i would have reservations about what his ceiling is in a team of big dogs where the expectation is to win, alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement