Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

pointing out facts isnt condescension. the first line of your last post is condescension.

if we dont get cl this year i'll probably say "that will probably hurt us in terms of revenue and being able to attract talent but we're ahead of the plan and have a reasonable start made on rejuvenating the squad, all in all we dont deserve it tbf but I'd expect mourinho to hit the ground running next season"

what will you say? "ENIC OUT"

the same thing you said.....when we were in the CL.

very constructive stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

pointing out facts isnt condescension. the first line of your last post is condescension.

if we dont get cl this year i'll probably say "that will probably hurt us in terms of revenue and being able to attract talent but we're ahead of the plan and have a reasonable start made on rejuvenating the squad, all in all we dont deserve it tbf but I'd expect mourinho to hit the ground running next season"

what will you say? "ENIC OUT"

the same thing you said.....when we were in the CL.

very constructive stuff

and kinda turning into passive aggressive now....

Anyway.... Believe what you believe.....
    I believe our owners are hampering the club making the next step.

The game is about glory...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    and kinda turning into passive aggressive now....

Anyway.... Believe what you believe.....
    I believe our owners are hampering the club making the next step.

The game is about glory...

hey man we're only discussing the tedia of football club administration on the internet, id buy you a pint and give out stink about dele alli any time.

cameron carter-vickers is up for sale for around 4m with a host of championship clubs interested.

KWP- genuinely curious about how he fares. He's definitely been a victim of Pochettino no-loan policy but at 22 he's not a write-off just yet.

Hopefully an EPL half-season will drive home to him just how much he still has to learn about defending, but even if not at least we'll have been able to see him in action long enough to make our minds up, because he can't have been doing himself justice in dribs and drabs like he's been getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't say it better than this post

#ImWithDaniel #EnicIN

Can't requote the Twitter link when using the boards app but was this post meant to be ironic or sarcastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I dont KWP will ever make at at the level we are trying to operate at, but good luck to the lad

Rose, great servant in his day but is finished and turned into a bad egg, good riddance

CCV is another who is not good enough

Piatek, I dont think he was the answer and is not a big loss TBH

Giroud, funny enough, I think he could do a job for us for the rest of the season, forget his past clubs and look at the player

CCV on loan to luton for the season

bit of a neither-nor outcome, that

agreed with you on all points charlie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I dont KWP will ever make at at the level we are trying to operate at, but good luck to the lad

Rose, great servant in his day but is finished and turned into a bad egg, good riddance

CCV is another who is not good enough

Piatek, I dont think he was the answer and is not a big loss TBH

Giroud, funny enough, I think he could do a job for us for the rest of the season, forget his past clubs and look at the player

Give KWP a chance I say. Danny Rose was far worse than him, cost us 3rd place in 2012 with his rashness at Villa Park. A loan move to Sunderland really sorted him out. Who's to say KWP can't do the same?

Sky Sports is linking us with the Southampton captain Hojbjerg. Always assumed he was a donkey myself....

• Advertisement

ward-prowse the midfielder id want from that club tbh

ward-prowse the midfielder id want from that club tbh

Ings would be the man

Top class midfielder …….

Jaysus h Christ …

Top class midfielder …….

Jaysus h Christ …

who does he play for

[/B]

who does he play for

Levy signing him for 100,000 + a bottle of wine, and some bread ………………..

Hes not good on crosses tho !! :D

:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Levy signing him for 100,000 + a bottle of wine, and some bread ………………..

He is also used to playing with 12 men...

• Advertisement

[/B]

who does he play for

Beitar Jerusalem I believe? He would claim be King of the new White Hart Lane anyway and I think some of the locals in his current club resent that. They are even resorting to getting the club owners from Italy to sanction him allegedly.

tbf

the one time he got on the end of one, he got nailed

sweet jayus, what the fcuk have i started

you boys will all rot in hell

oh wait I forgot we are spurs fans and already been punished enough

hell = relegation, at least something is happening

purgatory = 17th-2nd

Fee agreed with Chelsea for Giroud ……

Yes, olivier giroud …. 5 goals in 45 appearances …. Arsenal, and now Chelsea reject.....

Fcuk sake lads, that's taking the pi$$ ….. Bargain bin Levy ..

EnicOut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yes, olivier giroud …. 5 goals in 45 appearances …. Arsenal, and now Chelsea reject.....

EnicOut.

I think he's a decent buy. He slots straight in and is happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think he's a decent buy. He slots straight in and is happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to Kane

I agree, he also holds the ball up well. Played a big roll in France WC winning side.
    Its a short term thing. We need someone. He'll probably be better than Llorente was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

EnicOut.

He has 6 goals in 10 matches for France in euro qualifier. 29 attempts with 14 on target. So he can bang them in. No way is he a reject.

is he better than our current options at cf?

easily

will he sit on bench when kane is out?

yep

will he impede upon troy parrotts development?

not really.

good signing.

should have signed a seventy million 23 year old who wouldve given us an issue once kane was fit tho, definitely.

Willian Jose talks seem to have resumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

is he better than our current options at cf?

easily

will he sit on bench when kane is out?

yep

will he impede upon troy parrotts development?

not really.

good signing.

should have signed a seventy million 23 year old who wouldve given us an issue once kane was fit tho, definitely.

except Kane will be gone in the summer

Then we'll have lots of money to spend on a striker, a right back and a centre half. Players come, players go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Times are reporting we'll be getting Bale today.

Happy enough with the Giroud signing, if it happens. He's a solid backup for Kane, and considering we have no other strikers at the club, will do a decent job til the end of the season.

Ah come on now, enough of that :rolleyes:

Just reported on bbc sport that spurs have made a break through on Bale deal and looking more likely...

its undoubtedly rubbish

surely?

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just reported on bbc sport that spurs have made a break through on Bale deal and looking more likely...

Nothing on the BBC site

Nothing on the BBC site

In the online transfer news. Times had reported it. Looks like it’s off again as per same source.

This is the usual Levy day rubbish to fool fans into thinking something is happening or we are trying. Bale is on 500k a week and Zidane wants him there until the end of the season. Chelsea will not sell Giroud without signing a replacement as Abraham is injured.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and be wrong but I've been sucked into this last day frenzy too many times to be fooled again.

golfball37 wrote: »
    This is the usual Levy day rubbish to fool fans into thinking something is happening or we are trying. Bale is on 500k a week and Zidane wants him there until the end of the season. Chelsea will not sell Giroud without signing a replacement as Abraham is injured.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and be wrong but I've been sucked into this last day frenzy too many times to be fooled again.

Whatever happens today this transfer window has been great and definitely improved our team. Today isn’t over. COYS

joeguevara wrote: »
    Whatever happens today this transfer window has been great and definitely improved our team. Today isn’t over. COYS

Optimism, the Levy out brigade won't like that

golfball37 wrote: »

have to agree Club Spin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Anyone who thinks Levy is spreading rumours that we’re signing a players who’s currently on 650k a week needs their head examined

joeguevara wrote:

Fernandes and Bergwign In.
    Eriksen Out (18 months too late).

Good window. Wouldn't call it great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only way the Bale transfer happens is if Real want him off their books, and are heavily subsidizing his wages.

• Advertisement

Fernandes and Bergwign In.
    Eriksen Out (18 months too late).

Good window. Wouldn't call it great.

Don’t forget Lo Celso made permanent.

and Rose Out (and 2 million pocketed)

and KWP and CCV out

i couldnt call it a great window

started with huge gap at CF and a lack of first-xi quality at DM, RB and LB

none addressed thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

interesting article

Yeah but he was already on a long term loan deal.

If a player , for example Vertoghen, who has 12 months left on his deal signed a new 3 year deal you wouldn't call it 'a new signing'.

Lo celco was ours for another 12 months if I recall correctly and now he's ours for 3-4 years.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Then we'll have lots of money to spend on a striker, a right back and a centre half. Players come, players go!

no point if they won't pay the wages

Really is one of the most boring final transfer day I can remember. No big club seems to be making any signing apart from Arsenals two defenders.

If Wanyama moves to Celtic I will have mixed emotions as I will be disappointed that he didn’t push on and become a club legend but happy with a high profile move.

As nothing seems to be happening, maybe a bit of craic to ask who would you prefer that Spurs sign Jose or Can?

Lampard said in his lunchtime press conference that Giroud is not leaving.

Jose comments in his 1.30pm press conference ain't very encouraging either.

From bbc

With Harry Kane injured you'd have thought Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho would be chomping at the bit to get a centre forward in.
    But apparently not, Mourinho, who asked himself the first three questions at his news conference today, seems very chilled about it all.
    "Yes, we would need a striker to have a better squad to face the great challenges in front of us in three different competitions," he said.
    "But we want to do things not to resolve the problems of today but things that are also good for the future."

no point if they won't pay the wages

i would have thought that a wage up to a ceiling of 250k per week is decent

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement