Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

So here we are 8 1/2 hrs to transfer window being closed.

We have no senior striker, a left and right full back left on loan.
    We buy 2 midfielders, and secure the transfer of another.

The knockout round of Champions lge, Fa Cup ties ,and a battle to qualify for Europe all coming up....

Its bordering on ineptitude at this stage …
    ENIC OUT

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

foyth off to sampdoria for rest of season on loan

positive imo, hes not a right back, he makes too many mistakes at cb and needs games. hope to see him back more ready for first team.

opens up a foreign player spot in the squad, so there might be something happening yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

i would have thought that a wage up to a ceiling of 250k per week is decent

I think Kane is around the 200k mark as an wild exception

Hardly any of them are on over 100k. I think Eriksen was around 80k before he left, scandalous for a top player at a supposed top tier club.

We have the lowest revenue to wage bill ratio in the premier league.
    That's a painful fact, great for the shareholder not so great for the trophy cabinet.

We'd have Mane now if it wasn't for Levy's tightness on wages

We never buy the finished article because they demand the going rate and ENIC won't go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Islam Slimani being touted as a possible loan move. Currently on loan to Monaco and scored 7 goals and 9 assists this season.

ALso bale not in Madrid squad for this weekend even though his injury has cleared up. Is there still a chance?

After Bale has been left out of Madrid squad for weekend, betting has been suspended on him joining spurs. I’m starting to think this is really going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think Kane is around the 200k mark as an wild exception

Hardly any of them are on over 100k. I think Eriksen was around 80k before he left, scandalous for a top player at a supposed top tier club.

We have the lowest revenue to wage bill ratio in the premier league.
    That's a painful fact, great for the shareholder not so great for the trophy cabinet.

We'd have Mane now if it wasn't for Levy's tightness on wages

We never buy the finished article because they demand the going rate and ENIC won't go there.

Eriksen would have been on more but for repeatedly refusing to sign improved contract. He could have had a couple of increases if he wanted.

BTW I agree with you overall point of Spurs being a bit skimpy on wages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

joeguevara wrote: »
    After Bale has been left out of Madrid squad for weekend, betting has been suspended on him joining spurs. I’m starting to think this is really going to happen.

He's probably just golfing :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    He's probably just golfing :pac:

In Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Spurs. Golf. Wales.

if we dont sign a striker im joining team #enicout meself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ben Davies just unfollowed Bale on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Ben Davies just unfollowed Bale on Twitter.

Must be money on this game of golf

sterling out on loan

jaysis if loaning works, we'll have some team in two years

We started the 2014/15 season without a recognised striker. (Kane had played only 500 mins of league football for us the previous season and no league goals) so anything is possible.

shiloh tracey gone on loan

jaysus

We started the 2014/15 season without a recognised striker. (Kane had played only 500 mins of league football for us the previous season and no league goals) so anything is possible.

soldado?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Islam Slimani being touted as a possible loan move. Currently on loan to Monaco and scored 7 goals and 9 assists this season.

ALso bale not in Madrid squad for this weekend even though his injury has cleared up. Is there still a chance?

Zero. Stop doing this to yourself.

If we sign Odion Ighalo will you join me on TeamJoseOut?

Edit: Looks like United have pulled off a coup to land him. Phew

Ormus wrote: »

id just leave meself at that stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Looking at his career record. Excluding his time in China, his strike rate is less than 1 goal in every 3 games. I agree that we dodged a bullet there.

50 games,.one in three is 16 goals

that wouldnt scare me off tbh, if hold up play and covering for kane was all sorted

but taking him back from chinese league in a last minute gamble? desperate stuff

15 mins to go so pretty clear no striker signed.

Maybe Jose's Plan is to play as many attacking midfielders as possible hope for the best.

I'm not that annoyed or surprised on that count tbh. The full back situation is far more worrying. Not even a hint of a signing in that department.

50 games,.one in three is 16 goals

that wouldnt scare me off tbh, if hold up play and covering for kane was all sorted

but taking him back from chinese league in a last minute gamble? desperate stuff

I don’t think he was much more than one in two in China. Got one in eighteen in his last season with Watford. Then again he was top scorer at the last African Nations so maybe he’s still decent when in the mood. Apparently he’s gonna get 100k per week with United. Crazy world.

15 mins to go so pretty clear no striker signed.

Maybe Jose's Plan is to play as many attacking midfielders as possible hope for the best.

I'm not that annoyed or surprised on that count tbh. The full back situation is far more worrying. Not even a hint of a signing in that department.

Agreed, although in fairness to José his defensive system tries to compensate for Aurier being terrible at defending. Centre back is a concern for me, Vertonghen and Davinson have been brutal this season. Fingers crossed Tanganga is the second coming of Ledley King

joeguevara wrote:
    I believe the Bale transfer will happen. It will be the biggest thing in our clubs modern history if we pull it off. He is still considered one of the best players in the world and is an indictment of how much we have progressed.

What's the story Joe. Now I'm starting to doubt your claims that we will also win the champions league and F.A. Cup.

• Advertisement

What's the story Joe. Now I'm starting to doubt your claims that we will also win the champions league and F.A. Cup.

Little bit disappointed. Was hoping for a striker and the fact that Chelsea missed out on Maertens meant Giroud couldn’t join. Him or Jose would have been a good addition. Actually happy we didn’t get that ex Watford guy. Imagine how United fans must feel when going from Luakaku to him.

It looks like with the acquisition of Bergwijn, son will be our first choice striker. He has excelled at this in previous seasons.

I still am confident there will be silverware this year and Jose is a master at cups so don’t write my claims just yet.

I think we have done better business than our rivals (Chelsea, Leicester, United and Arsenal) and the fact that we have got rid of two players that were disrupting morale (Eriksen and rose) loris is back, Tanganga has been an inspiration, Celso is rocking midfield, ndombele to come back. Fernandes looks a class act. Jose rates Bergwijn very highly means the second half of the season will be a stormer.

I thought that Bale would have come. If we got a cut price deal from Real in the 30 mil range, could have given him a 10-15 mil signing on fee and same wages as Kane. I presume that that was what levy was proposing. Interestingly there was a championship manager simulation with Bale in the team and by the end of the season he wasn’t even in the starting 11.

The amount of rival fans laughing at the fact that he turned us down while all of us are breathing a collective sigh of relief...would have preferred Jansen back than him.

Odion Ighalo needs one PL goal to go level with Jesse Lingard all time record.

twas embarrassing to be casting about like that for that calibre of player on the evening of the deadline

its an area where levy falls way down

if troy parrott isnt ready, then jan 1st was time to start properly working on a centre forward option

Good result for us today with Leicester and Chelsea draw. Will be huge for us if we get a result against City tomorrow. Leicester unlucky not to win with Barnes shooting wide from a great position. I can understand Leicester disappointment with not getting a late penalty but the decision was correct as the Chelsea player didn’t make himself unnaturally larger although the ball hit his hand.

The dream would be to recreate the result where we qualified for Champions League with Crouch late winner.

Wolves against United is a hard one to call but Wolves are capable of winning especially with Jimenez on fire. If they can play like they did against Liverpool then a victory or at least a draw is on the cards.

• Advertisement

Should have bet on a wolves draw after I said it. Great results for us today and be huge if capitalised on it. We are due a good performance and I’m going for a 2-q win with Alli and son scoring.

Should have bet on a wolves draw after I said it. Great results for us today and be huge if capitalised on it. We are due a good performance and I’m going for a 2-q win with Alli and son scoring.

City battered us in the away game last year but we miraculously came away with a point. I'd be happy with a point again tomorrow.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    City battered us in the away game last year but we miraculously came away with a point. I'd be happy with a point again tomorrow.

As would I. Means no ground lost. City weren’t great against United but had two good wins before that. A lot depends if Laporte is fit as he definitely makes their defence much better. Predicting any result other than Liverpool is a toss of a coin.

But stranger things have happened. Be interesting to see if Eriksen and rose leaving can galvanise the team. Son has been playing through an injury but seems to have shaken it off. Alli and lots Celso seem to have a good understanding. Let’s hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I read on twitter that Laporte, Stones and Mendy have not travelled. Great if Laporte is indeed out.

watching motd and lads if a ref in this league wants you to lose, you will lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

The form were in I cant see us getting anything from this, id take a point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I read on twitter that Laporte, Stones and Mendy have not travelled. Great if Laporte is indeed out.
    I would rather stones was playing 😀

Fernandinho and Laporte being assessed which if out will be a huge blow to City. As a football supporter never like to see players injured but if out the defence is definitely more frail.

Berjwiin is reported to be playing, hopefully we see a midfield masters,ass from all of our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lorris
    Aurier Toby Sanchez tackle
    Locelco winks
    Bergwjin Alli son
    Lucas.
    Subs.Gazza vertongen Dier sessingon
    Lamela Ndomble fernandes.

Coys! It's a free hit today, excited to see Bergwjin first hand..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Hard to see us having a clean sheet against City, so hopefully a score draw might be the outcome.

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

How is that not a red?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

How is that not a red?

Because he is a social media warrior. Joke. Late and high. Could’ve broken his ankle

Great to see that Lucas is being used as a target man again

Alli needs to be substituted. He is a joke

Being totally dominated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Year later, it's a pen ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sterling looked for it, kicked ball wide, and then dived ? How is that a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Sterling the rat clearly dived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If it isn't a penalty, it's a yellow for Sterling surely?

• Advertisement

Sterling is bulletproof it looks like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement