Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

Think it might have been another peno lads....need to see it again. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Let's not all that distract us from the fact that Aurier gave away yet another needless penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Think it might have been another peno lads....need to see it again. Bloody hell.

Not a chance. Finger tips got the ball before any contact. By right the original penalty should have been retaken as loris was off his line. Just heard on tv that VAR cannot review that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s a disgrace sterling didn’t get booked there. He should be off. Cheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Defo penalty by Loris, cant see how Var missed that

• Advertisement

aguero puts away that last chance 99/100 times

its nice that some fans want aurier rehabilitated, but hes a joke and an insult to professional right backs and id cancel his contract in the morning and just play without one. how his teammates can control themselves and not deck him is a mystery to me

mike dean is up to his usuals, how many games in a row now that rightful red cards arent given against us

aurier will drop us in it again in the second half, the stats are a horrorshow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We need to get midfield sorted, giving them the ball way too easy.

We could nick this :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

What the hell was Lloris doing?

Toby 1

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

What the hell was Lloris doing?

worth noting again for anyone that thought hed be a boost returning to the first team- hes a liability more often than not for two years

• Advertisement

imagine not one, but both players being caught offside there.

thats week's wages stuff

Get in Stevie Wonder :P

henryesque, amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

This game is made for lamela

what is happening

Sonny Boy 2-0 :eek:

ive not been convinced by N'Dombele as a deep midfielder but that was filth from him there

worth noting again for anyone that thought hed be a boost returning to the first team- hes a liability more often than not for two years

credit where its due hes had a confident finish to the game

joeguevara wrote: »
    Should have bet on a wolves draw after I said it. Great results for us today and be huge if capitalised on it. We are due a good performance and I’m going for a 2-q win with Alli and son scoring.

Joe strikes again. The only incorrect part was Alli scoring rather than berjwin. Most imortant was the 2 nil win. Back on the joe train with my predictions. Shoo in for FA Cup and Champions League.

Absolutely buzzing in. Whose laughing at us in.

https://twitter.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1224035186620366852?s=19

amazing, jose grousing about sterling not getting booked, then hes told hes already on a yellow and..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Absolutely got away with one there.

Second half wasnt bad, granted we were against 10. But the CBs looked good dealing with crosses which is something we havent be able to say for quite a while.

Lo Celso is fast becoming my favorite player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

That's a big 3 points and a big confidence boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It was only when they had one player less than us on the pitch that we looked like competing with them. Should have been done and dusted at half time but credit to Jose and the players they took full advantage.

I've often criticised him but Winks was immense today.

It was only when they had one player less than us on the pitch that we looked like competing with them. Should have been done and dusted at half time but credit to Jose and the players they took full advantage.

I've often criticised him but Winks was immense today.

If my auntie had wheels she would be a bicycle. We schooled them in the second half. I don’t know why you said we only competed when they were down to 10, when we were 1 nil up when they had 11.

You play what’s in front of you, they had possession but it was side to side rather than going forward. Also the Chelsea player deserved to be sent off. If you are going to consistently foul you will lose players.

Lads Berjwin looks life a gift. Lo Celso is immense. Lamela is a tyrant. Son is back on song. We beat City in our stadium. The best stadium in the world.Our fans were singing and our players and staff were smiling. We will be in 4th by Early March. We will finish 3rd or if we have a bit of luck 2nd.

The Cups are ours. Our slump is over. Rose and Eriksen are distant memories. The Glory days are back again.

thought it was 0 - 0 with the red tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

That's because it was :D

Let me have comment. On top of the world.

Nice win :)....clean sheet:eek:

5th place 4 points of Chelsea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

If my auntie had wheels she would be a bicycle. We schooled them in the second half. I don’t know why you said we only competed when they were down to 10, when we were 1 nil up when they had 11.

You play what’s in front of you, they had possession but it was side to side rather than going forward. Also the Chelsea player deserved to be sent off. If you are going to consistently foul you will lose players.

Lads Berjwin looks life a gift. Lo Celso is immense. Lamela is a tyrant. Son is back on song. We beat City in our stadium. The best stadium in the world.Our fans were singing and our players and staff were smiling. We will be in 4th by Early March. We will finish 3rd or if we have a bit of luck 2nd.

The Cups are ours. Our slump is over. Rose and Eriksen are distant memories. The Glory days are back again.

I’ll have a pint of what ever that man is drinking 😀

• Advertisement

I’ll have a pint of what ever that man is drinking 😀

#Me too

Joe is buying drink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

It was 0-0 when their lad got sent off and we were playing City not Chelsea.

Love the post though.

when joe is happy we're all happy!

And the saying is
    “ if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle”

This deserves a better quality vid:
    https://twitter.com/SuperSportTV/status/1224026852580319232

All credit to snoopsheep for posting it first. Absolute gold.

If we could get Ndombele fit and playing beside de celso we would be in good shape
    Moura seems to have regressed

• Advertisement

This deserves a better quality vid:
    https://twitter.com/SuperSportTV/status/1224026852580319232

All credit to snoopsheep for posting it first. Absolute gold.

God to love the mans passion, if it rubs off on the players we will be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Well done Spurs, well played 2nd half. Sanchez was a beast at the back

If we could get Ndombele fit and playing beside de celso we would be in good shape
    Moura seems to have regressed

moura is a right winger in a three man attack, or a very attacking wide right in a four man midfield. we really arent playing to the man's strengths even when he nominally plays on the right, because aurier is there!

but playing him as a striker, let alone centre forward? jaysus he's being hung out to dry imo.

#Me too

Joe is buying drink.gif

Ye would be able to buy yourselves a magnum of champagne if you followed my wolves and spurs bet yesterday.

And the saying is
    “ if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle”

Did you assume my aunts gender? She is non binary, gender neutral penguin.

If Gino the chef can say ‘if my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike’, I have the authority and creativity to change grandmother to aunt.

https://youtu.be/A-RfHC91Ewc

• Advertisement

moura is a right winger in a three man attack, or a very attacking wide right in a four man midfield. we really arent playing to the man's strengths even when he nominally plays on the right, because aurier is there!

but playing him as a striker, let alone centre forward? jaysus he's being hung out to dry imo.

Did he not play in the front two with Lorente against Ajax in the semi final last year and scored a hat Rick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Fuching ecstatic after the win so I am...
    World class volley from Bergwjin.
    Silky performances from most of the boys today bar Alli who was half crippled after sterling lunges on his in the opening minutes..

Highlights vid below while I wait for match of the day at 10.. Coys!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIq-TGlm08

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, absolutely delighted with that win. Some really good performances today, and we took our chances really well. Winks was great, and absolutely loved his reaction to the red card and Lloris saving the penalty. He ****ing loves this club :P Great start for Bergwijn, Lo Celso looked great again, and Ndombele looked fantastic when he came on.

Disgraceful that Sterling was allowed stay on the pitch after that tackle, but no surprise with how ****e VAR has been.

One thing on Jose, for anyone still negative...the only clubs to have earned more Premier League points than Tottenham (23) since his appointment are Liverpool (39) and City themselves (26). So yeah, it's not been great, but it's better then all but two teams.

Did he not play in the front two with Lorente against Ajax in the semi final last year and scored a hat Rick?

he did, two of them darting in from the right more than as a front partner, and the other was a melee in the box

anyroad, right now, hes the llorente role!

davycc wrote: »
    Fuching ecstatic after the win so I am...
    World class volley from Bergwjin.
    Silky performances from most of the boys today bar Alli who was half crippled after sterling lunges on his in the opening minutes..

Highlights vid below while I wait for match of the day at 10.. Coys!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIq-TGlm08

Actually thinking about it I’m pretty non plussed. We beat them off the park. But why wouldn’t we. We are spurs and in reality we should win every game.

Fcuck that I’m still celebrating. Have chas and Dave ‘spurs are on their way to Wembley’ and with the amount of beer in me I’m doing a better impression of Ossie’s knees going trembly than Ossie could ever do.

Imagine that anyone ever thought we had an interest in Odion Ighalo. Wouldn’t have that guy selling jam doughnuts to American tourists outside the best stadium in the world.

appreciate some perspectives on this, lads:

is tanganga really that good, or is it just that long since we had a fullback who likes to defend and is switched on all game?

i feel sometimes like i see defenders, defensive midfielders doing their boring, unglamorous work for ninety minutes for other teams all the time and it not being notable, and to me its a joy to feel like we have a guy in place to do that, but......isnt it just epl-standard competence?

other thought- pochs handling of the likes of this guy and others over the years has probably hurt a lot of very good prospects to the detriment of our squad. if a young player wasnt in the first team squad, he was left wither in the u23 side

really looking forward to some of our loanees coming back with a bit of football under their belts and ready to challenge

appreciate some perspectives on this, lads:

is tanganga really that good, or is it just that long since we had a fullback who likes to defend and is switched on all game?

i feel sometimes like i see defenders, defensive midfielders doing their boring, unglamorous work for ninety minutes for other teams all the time and it not being notable, and to me its a joy to feel like we have a guy in place to do that, but......isnt it just epl-standard competence?

other thought- pochs handling of the likes of this guy and others over the years has probably hurt a lot of very good prospects to the detriment of our squad. if a young player wasnt in the first team squad, he was left wither in the u23 side

really looking forward to some of our loanees coming back with a bit of football under their belts and ready to challenge

In my opinion he is good but by no means the finished article. Also he may look better against particular types of player and be exposed by others.

His worst performance (forget against who) was exacerbated because he picked up a yellow card early. He was at fault for it but it meant he couldn’t defend the way he wanted to for fear of getting sent off. He is been excellent for most other games but he does still makes mistakes. He has played 3 premiership ,at he’s. Definitely is our most exciting defensive talent. Is he the new ledley? Way to early to say. Could he be? Early form is encouraging. Is he the finished article? No...is he better than most others in our defence? Yes. His form shows between 7-8:for each match. For anyone that’s very good. For a young maiden season defender who seemed to come out of nowhere...that’s fcucking excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

And now we ponder the possibility of 4th place again, we were close a couple of months back before the very disappointing home defeat to Chelsea!

Inquitus wrote: »
    And now we ponder the possibility of 4th place again, we were close a couple of months back before the very disappointing home defeat to Chelsea!

It will be second or 3rd place. I see us only getting better while the others teams are playing crap. No matter what anyone says we improved ourselves during the window. Very few other teams did,

Also the fact we will win the CL means automatic qualification so top 4 isn’t a mandatory requirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It will be second or 3rd place. I see us only getting better while the others teams are playing crap. No matter what anyone says we improved ourselves during the window. Very few other teams did,

Also the fact we will win the CL means automatic qualification so top 4 isn’t a mandatory requirement.

I appreciate your optimism!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement