Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

That’s better. We’ve been pretty sh*te for the last 60 minutes, but maybe that will turn things around.

That was supposed to post just after our second goal. Anyway, fingers crossed that’s it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

we deserve absolutely nothing from this
    Nope, but we'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

What a ball by Dele

3-2 :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

alli has been good since comin on, showing a better turn of pace than weve seen in months

re that peno- i def see enough contact to knock son off, but if their player hadnt pulled out righr after their second hugo was certainly also conceding one

a rotten, rotten performance and id love jose to put some of these lads straight on how unacceptable they were tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What a win. We are legends. One step closer to winning champions league and FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We've absolutely stolen it here. And anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. We were shocking in all areas of the pitch for 75 mins.

I dunno where that last 15 mins came from but if we can have that for 45 mins in our next game it will at least show that we are going in the right direction.

We've absolutely stolen it here. And anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. We were shocking in all areas of the pitch for 75 mins.

I dunno where that last 15 mins came from but if we can have that for 45 mins in our next game it will at least show that we are going in the right direction.

said that after Sunday and am hugely disappointed with that rubbish tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very poor, but still a win.

When I was in transition year I remember having to go to some stupid school event in the evening. I remember clearly we were playing Southampton in an FA Cup match. It was a replay I believe.

I had the earphone running underneath my jumper and into my ear hidden with my hand cupping my ear. The lads knew something up when I groaned loudly, and started gritting my teeth. Spurs went 1 down. Even more hilarious for the them was when i muffled a for fcuck sake and they knew Southampton had doubled.

What happened next is one of the best nights of my life and wasn’t even watching it. I nearly threw my Walkman (yes that long ago) against the wall when I heard that Gerry Francis was bringing on Ronnie Rosenthal. It was like Big Jack bringing on Alan McLoughling against Norn Iron to qualify for World Cup.

Ronnie scores a hat trick. We won 5-2 and taught me never write off the mighty spurs. When we are on the pitch, no matter what the score, we always can win. When we have a team that looks like they want to play for each other, it is class. Tonight is the same.

Fernandes looks a class act. Son is coming into himself. Moura proved tonight that he is a deadly threat in front of goal. Alli will end the season as one of the best players in the premierships. Aurier is getting better every match.

Yes we didn’t play well for all the match. Neither do Liverpool. Focus on the fact we are winning. Scoring great goals. Playing attacking football. Passing is becoming scintillating. Players embracing, smiling and hugging each other. Compare this to 3 months ago.

Lads, it’s a dream time to be a spurs supporter. We are winning, we are creating a run. We are progressing in cup competitions. We are climbing the premiership.,we have bought world class players where our rivals ended up with trash.

Join the revolution.

joe

gedson looked poor
    son was abysmal
    lucas had a nightmare first hour
    dele has a long way to go to get back to ninety minutes at epl standard
    aurier was at fault, and badly at fault, for their goal

optimism is good, its a tonic

but you have to see the actual events with a clear eye, poch screwing his eyes shut and letting this bunch f*ck him with exactly such lazy, sloppy performances got him sacked while he told them all how proud he was of them

these boys need a good ****ing roasting and someone needs to challenge their pride, if it can be found.

no praise tonight for a single one- we were embarrassed out there as a unit, and every one of them in that squad should feel sickened by the level shown

a victory that was a huge step backwards after sundays high

i hope jose is handing out killings behind closed doors

• Advertisement

joe

gedson looked poor
    son was abysmal

but you have to see the actual events with a clear eye, poch screwing his eyes shut and letter this bunch f*ck him with exactly such lazy, sloppy performances got him sacked while he told them all how proud he was of them

these boys need a good ****ing roasting and someone needs to challenge their pride, if it can be found.

no praise tonight for a single one- we were embarrassed out there as a unit, and every one of them in that squad should feel sickened by the level shown

I must admit I was working late and only was able to tune in just as Southampton scored their second. So my analysis above was tempered by the performance that I saw rather than what went before.

One thing I will say though is we had a massive match on Sunday and more often than not the next mid week match would see us lose. When I tuned in and saw them going behind I didn’t see a team capitulate. I didn’t see a team too exhausted to try.

I saw a team try and win it for their fans. You won’t see a better pass than Alli to son which ended up a penalty. Winning is a habit. Especially when not playing well. When our rivals are drawing or losing all around them and we are winning, then hoping that someone gives a roasting and challenge our pride? We are developing a team that wins matches. We are exciting our fans and giving them something to cheer about. Do you think the City fans are proud of their team last Sunday where they dominated but we came out with a two goal victory. Do you think Southampton fans are loving a moral victory of being good for 75 minutes but instead going home out of the cup.

Great teams of the past won matches when they shouldn’t have. Results are important at the moment and if see players improving as we win, what more do we want. You say they should be sickened? Two wins on the trot where a lot said we’d lose both. Closing in on top 4 and on to the next round in FA Cup. Son scores 4 in 4. Moura scored a cracker. Winks turning in MOM performances. World class players joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Wow! Such contrasting perspectives on what was ultimately another successful night for our team.

Yes, we were fairly sh*te for 75 minutes, but we dug in when the going got tough and, in the end, WE WON.

It would be great to play lovely football in every match, but at the end of the day, it's results that matter. And we showed great heart in the face of adversity and eventually prevailed.

So onwards and upwards. We have a great chance of winning this year's FA Cup, particularly if Chelsea manage to put one over on Liverpool in the next round. And another good run in the Champions League cannot be ruled out.

So let's enjoy the fact that we've had a really good week and stop beating ourselves up over what we could have done better. COYS!!!

arah lads yed nearly convince me!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

JOE is right, whats with all the negativity, we were drawn against another premiership team in the cup and we won, good day at the office for me, especially after the win against city. that's six games unbeaten now if im not mistaken. Very much a step in the right direction imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My good spurs friend is very happy with how Jose is transforming things. I was speaking with him 2 nights ago and asked him “what do you think of Jose and said it’s too early to fairly write him off” (as I expected him to be very negative) but he was delighted with Jose thus far.

He says he can see clearly how Jose is addressing each issue one by one and how the defence is improving. This is a lad that lives for spurs, works in New York and takes half days for any midweek game so I know he pays serious attention to detail.

joe

gedson looked poor
    son was abysmal

but you have to see the actual events with a clear eye, poch screwing his eyes shut and letting this bunch f*ck him with exactly such lazy, sloppy performances got him sacked while he told them all how proud he was of them

i hope jose is handing out killings behind closed doors

Southamptons second goal was shocking., midfield just gave up instead of chasing back.. Could not make out who it was on the tele, but he just gave up, probally saying someone else will cover him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Glebee wrote: »
    Southamptons second goal was shocking., midfield just gave up instead of chasing back.. Could not make out who it was on the tele, but he just gave up, probally saying someone else will cover him.

it was alli I think, at least he redeemed himself with the ball in to son

Not convinced about Gedson.. He had some nice touches but just dont know.
    One thing is for sure is that Troy Parrot needs to go out on loan to get football. Hes not going to get that at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

we are in the next round, that is all that matters

if (when) we win it no one will remember a poor night in February, one off cup games, winner takes all,
    the year we lost the semi to chelsea after playing them off the pitch is an example,

and Joe i remember that Southampton game,

drumpot, i know a few lads in New York who are big spurs fans, wonder if its any one we both know

ur right were not playing well snoop but we are still fighting on 3 fronts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Parrot signs a 3 year pro contract.

Is 3 a short contract for someone ? Id imagine if hes as good as we know/think he is, surely they have him pinned down for 5yrs ?!

But then again its probably another of the Enic contracts....
    " sign for 3 years on a low wage, we'll negotiate again after two years, and give you another 2 year extension for an extra few grand a week"

Instead of paying higher wages for the full four, or do they not rate him enough to tie him down long term ? Kane would be 30 by then , and if hes not gone before that, we could have Parrot and Kane leaving at the same time ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

we are in the next round, that is all that matters

if (when) we win it no one will remember a poor night in February, one off cup games, winner takes all,
    the year we lost the semi to chelsea after playing them off the pitch is an example,

and Joe i remember that Southampton game,

drumpot, i know a few lads in New York who are big spurs fans, wonder if its any one we both know

ur right were not playing well snoop but we are still fighting on 3 fronts

Jesus that Southampton game, 1994, feels like only yesterday. I remember watching it in a pub drinking a pints of Fosters... Was going to go home at half time but said I have one more. The lads laughing at typical Spurs. Some things dont change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Lads last night was a joke.

I understand that the game was won and we are through to the next round. I also understand that Southampton are a decent team but we were utterly played off the park for 75/80 minutes at home.

Should have been 2-0 before we got an outrageous opener.

The defence was a shambles.

Have a look at their first goal. Long is inside our box when Redmond has the ball on the other side. No one is within 7/8 yards of him. Redmond then gets a shot away and despite the ball going into and then back out of the 6 yard box there is still no one near Long when he taps it in. He doesnt even need to make a run. He is literally ball watching and no defender bothers to pick him up. Happens all too often to be honest. City should have been 3/4 up it they had managed to pick out their free men on our 18 yard box on the weekend.

And once again can I ask. What in God's name is the point in lumping the ball up to Son and Lucas? That is the game plan at the minute. And worse still the midfielders aren't even getting close to them to win a second ball. The ball just drops to the opposing CM, unchallenged, and another attack starts. It happens every game

All I know is Dier and Vertonghen are completely finished. Sad to see. Hugo isn't far behind. Wanyama, who didn't play, is another one totally gone. At least they got Rose loaned out. That's five first teamers that need replacing.

All I know is Dier and Vertonghen are completely finished. Sad to see. Hugo isn't far behind. Wanyama, who didn't play, is another one totally gone. At least they got Rose loaned out. That's five first teamers that need replacing.

I agree with all of that unfortunately. Lthough i would love to see Tanganga moved to RB and Vert just told to play as a proper defensive LB even until Davies is back. He was so good for us just 6 months ago

I agree with all of that unfortunately. Lthough i would love to see Tanganga moved to RB and Vert just told to play as a proper defensive LB even until Davies is back. He was so good for us just 6 months ago

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »

Is 3 a short contract for someone ? Id imagine if hes as good as we know/think he is, surely they have him pinned down for 5yrs ?!

" sign for 3 years on a low wage, we'll negotiate again after two years, and give you another 2 year extension for an extra few grand a week"

Instead of paying higher wages for the full four, or do they not rate him enough to tie him down long term ? Kane would be 30 by then , and if hes not gone before that, we could have Parrot and Kane leaving at the same time ?

some rumblings that he only wanted a 3 year deal to see if he can break into team, didnt want to be tied down long term in case he wasnt playing

he is 17 years old and only played once for first team, id imagine his contract reflects that and he seemed happy to sign it, if his agent is any good im sure he has renegotiation terms built in depending on his targets and achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He’s only 17. He’s barely played for the first team. He could easily be playing for Bohs in about 4 years time. If I heard Levy was offering him a six year contract on 60k a week, I’d happily join the ENIC Out Club.

Thankfully our chairman isn’t mental.

Ormus wrote: »
    He’s only 17. He’s barely played for the first team. He could easily be playing for Bohs in about 4 years time. If I heard Levy was offering him a six year contract on 60k a week, I’d happily join the ENIC Out Club.

Thankfully our chairman isn’t mental.

dont wish that on the lad

MrKingsley wrote: »

And once again can I ask. What in God's name is the point in lumping the ball up to Son and Lucas? That is the game plan at the minute. And worse still the midfielders aren't even getting close to them to win a second ball. The ball just drops to the opposing CM, unchallenged, and another attack starts. It happens every game

That has to be your tactic when you have no forward. That is, an out and out forward striker, not a midfielder just told to be a forward.

Due to Enic , we have 1 in the squad and is injured. And another one that is 17 years old.

Square Peg, Round hole F.c .

Enic Out .

I understand that the game was won and we are through to the next round. I also understand that Southampton are a decent team but we were utterly played off the park for 75/80 minutes at home.

Should have been 2-0 before we got an outrageous opener.

The defence was a shambles.

Have a look at their first goal. Long is inside our box when Redmond has the ball on the other side. No one is within 7/8 yards of him. Redmond then gets a shot away and despite the ball going into and then back out of the 6 yard box there is still no one near Long when he taps it in. He doesnt even need to make a run. He is literally ball watching and no defender bothers to pick him up. Happens all too often to be honest. City should have been 3/4 up it they had managed to pick out their free men on our 18 yard box on the weekend.

Balls going to Son and Lucas last night ended up in two goals.

Balls going to Son, Berjwin previous game ended up in two goals.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Balls going to Son and Lucas last night ended up in two goals.

Balls going to Son, Berjwin previous game ended up in two goals.

Lumping balls up to them I said. It’s different if we are trying to play through the middle or down the wings but 9 times out of 10 we don’t.

And did the first goal not come from a free/corner last weekend?

Lumping balls up to them I said. It’s different if we are trying to play through the middle or down the wings but 9 times out of 10 we don’t.

It was a corner that went out to Moura, who passed it to Bergwijn. No one expected what happened next.

But it’s not like we are lumping it, we for once have a masterful midfield. Look at the passes to son, Moura, alli. Etc. Calling us a joke is doing us a mismservice. We are beating Teams that others aren’t,

Honestly what do you want? Are you not happy with where we are and where we are goimg? Apart from Liverpool can you name one other PL team that have what we have?

It was a corner that went out to Moura, who passed it to Bergwijn. No one expected what happened next.

But it’s not like we are lumping it, we for once have a masterful midfield. Look at the passes to son, Moura, alli. Etc. Calling us a joke is doing us a mismservice. We are beating Teams that others aren’t,

Honestly what do you want? Are you not happy with where we are and where we are goimg? Apart from Liverpool can you name one other PL team that have what we have?

League position..CL..cup..squad...stadium..finance...

Jeez lad come off it.
    Being positive and all that, but why deny facts to save your profile on here ?

We had 40% possession at home to MAn city , and due to LOTS of luck they didn't score.
    We had 43% against Southampton ! 43% !!!
    they had 522 passes to our 395 !!

We are being bullied all over the pitch by all teams !
    Only due to lots of luck , and some great defending at times, is preventing us from getting hockeyed !

Squad ? - No fit striker.
    Stadium - "World class" etc, nothing to show for it yet.
    Finances - Yes, absolutely fab for ENIC

You forgot to mention the "world class training centre" !

Papering over cracks again by the club, and Jose is mentioning it discretely (for now) in every press conference about players, and the lack of !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm happy with how things are going since Mourinho's appointment. I'd much prefer if we won more games and played well.

Mourinho took over a broken squad. Some wanted out. A big downer losing CL Final was stíl affecting the mood of players.

So with all these problems, players have to get used to a lot of change also, a new manager with new ways.

Mourinho came in at a very busy period games coming thick and fast, not much time on training pitch. Injured players, players morale low.

A couple months later we have got 2 players out who needed to go and 2 in.

For me the really important thing is our chances of getting top 4 has greatly improved, 5th place and 4 points behind Chelsea. We've gone from little hope to having a good chance of CL football next season.

Not playing well but getting results. That's the way it is. We can't expect a new manager to come into a broken team mid season in a busy period and fix all ills immediately.

Mourinho is doing very well with what he's got and IMO will improve with more time. Anybody expecting much more at this stage is probably expecting miracles.

A masterful midfield? Come off of it Joe. We are walked over in midfield from game to game regardless of who the opposition is.

Honestly what I want is for the team to have some semblance of a game plan. Mourinho has been there long enough for that to happen.

At the moment we are just sitting back off teams. And I don’t mind that as a style but we simply do not have the players to do it.

If we had conceded 3/4 to city or southampton I don’t think anyone could have complained or said that it was undeserved. And the only reason we didn’t was due to brutal finishing by the opponents and not world class saves from Lloris or last minute blocks.

I can’t honestly answer the question about where we are going seeing as I just don’t know where that is

agree with the last two posts, really

cant expect miracles, and we were really in a bad place. jose is doing ok.

but the basics are being ignored all over the pitch and performances are awful.

have to be honest about it.

FA cup win and top four position would be a miracle...

Jeez lad come off it.
    Being positive and all that, but why deny facts to save your profile on here ?

We had 40% possession at home to MAn city , and due to LOTS of luck they didn't score.
    We had 43% against Southampton ! 43% !!!
    they had 522 passes to our 395 !!

We are being bullied all over the pitch by all teams !
    Only due to lots of luck , and some great defending at times, is preventing us from getting hockeyed !

Squad ? - No fit striker.
    Stadium - "World class" etc, nothing to show for it yet.
    Finances - Yes, absolutely fab for ENIC

You forgot to mention the "world class training centre" !

Papering over cracks again by the club, and Jose is mentioning it discretely (for now) in every press conference about players, and the lack of !!

Possession doesnt win matches.

Passes don't win matches.

We aren't getting hockey and our goals are winning matches. Why focus on the negatives when we are winning. Would you prefer to be City with 60% possession and lose or Southampton with 522 passes and lose.

Being positive is nothing to do with profile. I'd be annoyed if someone was being positive while losing. But come off it, we are winning and gaining ground and progressing in cup competitions. Start smiling once in a while and enjoy the ride. Plenty of time to be miserable.

Moura and Son are racking in the goals. Son has always been a consistent striker when Kane is injured. Prefer him to Uniteds new wonder signing.

A masterful midfield? Come off of it Joe. We are walked over in midfield from game to game regardless of who the opposition is.

Honestly what I want is for the team to have some semblance of a game plan. Mourinho has been there long enough for that to happen.

At the moment we are just sitting back off teams. And I don’t mind that as a style but we simply do not have the players to do it.

If we had conceded 3/4 to city or southampton I don’t think anyone could have complained or said that it was undeserved. And the only reason we didn’t was due to brutal finishing by the opponents and not world class saves from Lloris or last minute blocks.

I can’t honestly answer the question about where we are going seeing as I just don’t know where that is

We didn't concede 3 or 4 to City. So thats that. We beat them both. Im sure they aren't all positive saying we bossed them. They are disappointed they lost. Which means we should be happy we won.

• Advertisement

Possession doesnt win matches.

Passes don't win matches.

We aren't getting hockey and our goals are winning matches. Why focus on the negatives when we are winning. Would you prefer to be City with 60% possession and lose or Southampton with 522 passes and lose.

Being positive is nothing to do with profile. I'd be annoyed if someone was being positive while losing. But come off it, we are winning and gaining ground and progressing in cup competitions. Start smiling once in a while and enjoy the ride. Plenty of time to be miserable.

Moura and Son are racking in the goals. Son has always been a consistent striker when Kane is injured. Prefer him to Uniteds new wonder signing.
    We didn't concede 3 or 4 to City. So thats that. We beat them both. Im sure they aren't all positive saying we bossed them. They are disappointed they lost. Which means we should be happy we won.

okay - I like your positivity , but try adding some realism.

Possession and passes and chances ALWAYS show how a team are playing.
    We are been beaten on all 3 things in our games. Its only a matter of time before we get a beating.

We are been beaten on all 3 things in our games. Its only a matter of time before we get a beating.

We are not being beaten in the thing that is most important. Goals. I don't see us getting a whopping like was possible under Poch (Bayern).

I get what you are saying. But maybe you should be realsitic too. You are giving out that other teams have more of the ball and passing more but we are winning. Celebrate wins.

To prove my point, look at last years CL Final. The statistics support suggestions that Spurs were unlucky. According to the BBC, they had 65% possession, and eight shots on target compared with Liverpool’s three. Did that give you a great sense of achievement or would you have preferred to be in Liverpools position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd rather have 35% possession and win, than have 70% possession and lose.

We went through a period last year where we had the ball for ages, and did absolutely nothing with it. How many times did we sit around the half way mark, praying for us not to go backwards again. Now we actually seem to have a more solid backline (it's still a mess, but better then it was) and are more clinical up top (even without Kane). Is it perfect? Not even close. Is it an improvement? Most definitely.

Also, anyone ignoring the improvements made (i.e. Stadium and yes, the training ground) really doesn't give a **** about the long term stability of the club. To just brush it aside is laughable.

goals win matches, pretty passes and possession win plaudits

Mourhino is doing the best he can with the hand he was dealt, good to see he got some backing in January

lets limp home to the end of the season and see if we can win a cup
    then hope that he improves the areas we need improving over the summer and start again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Glebee wrote: »
    FA cup win and top four position would be a miracle...

indeed it would and that's why it won't happen

soon as we play a 'big' team we're out of FAC as usual

I think it's 8 or 9 semi final defeats since 1991 - horrible record.

indeed it would and that's why it won't happen

soon as we play a 'big' team we're out of FAC as usual

I think it's 8 or 9 semi final defeats since 1991 - horrible record.

or we will win it. Easier to be positive as not.

agreed that we'd rather be winning than not

agreed that pochs pointing to sterile possession and passing stats when teams were fending us off easily and beating us on the break was hugely frustrating

but

in those games, we weren't creating great chances and never looked like doing so.

southampton couldve scored another few against us from what we presented. that was NOT a solid defensive performance, from which we had a plan to spring and break- we just got away with it.

similarly, against city we were lucky not to concede three or four before gaining a man.

so, yes, be grateful to have the results in the bag, but dont retrospectively assign a great plan/tactic that incorporates gifting easy chances or calls for our players to pass the ball so carelessly

we have gotten away with it, we have been lucky, thats not sustainable and thats not a plan.

pochs huge leap forward with this club was eliminating the chances that individual weaknesses would cost the team, in the long term that tactical rigidity made us predictable and stale.

breaking that has come at a cost, but theres no excuse for auriers defending, or passing going wrong time and time again.

individuals have been asked to take responsibility again for the first time in a long time, and some of them dont like it.

so- dont church it up, we have been rubbish and no we arent doing it as part of any plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

In fairness he’s being more realistic than you. You’re talking about how we’re looking, he’s talking about our actual results.

You’re talking about all the stats that don’t matter, he’s talking about the only stat that does matter: the scoreline.

I think there’s far too much talk these days about possession and who performed better in a match.

Football is not about controlling a match, it’s about taking your chances and scoring more than the opposition.

i think jose has looked at the way we have been using the fullbacks and said "nah".

what i see happening is, with davies fit, tanganga moves to rb

aurier at that stage will either be frozen out if he refuses to compete on that basis, or converted to a wide midfielder

our two fullbacks will be defenders first and wont be tasked with doing three jobs at once

that will solve a raft of issues that have been apparent in the team for years now

will call for a different type of game from the centre halves out, which is what we might be seeing at present, badly hampered by a lack of CF cover

nb this is likely pure fantasy

• Advertisement

i think jose has looked at the way we have been using the fullbacks and said "nah".

what i see happening is, with davies fit, tanganga moves to rb

aurier at that stage will either be frozen out if he refuses to compete on that basis, or converted to a wide midfielder

our two fullbacks will be defenders first and wont be tasked with doing three jobs at once

that will solve a raft of issues that have been apparent in the team for years now

will call for a different type of game from the centre halves out, which is what we might be seeing at present, badly hampered by a lack of CF cover

nb this is likely pure fantasy

is that you Jose, could you draw us a nice diagram please:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement