Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Stalteri will always hold a place in my heart for his winner at Upton Park. That game is without a doubt in my top 5 Spurs matches.

One full back that I always liked for Spurs was Lee-Young Pyo. Good solid defender and tidy on the ball. Was always happy to see him in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Stalteri will always hold a place in my heart for his winner at Upton Park. That game is without a doubt in my top 5 Spurs matches.

One full back that I always liked for Spurs was Lee-Young Pyo. Good solid defender and tidy on the ball. Was always happy to see him in the team

had forgot about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Corluka was a decent club servant in my opinion. Solid if not spectacular. His best position was on the right side of a back 3 which HR used on occasion.

I remember the days of kerslake, Austin, nethercott (god help us) and Justin Edinburgh alongside Calderwood and Co. Christ, how did we get ever win match with such a motley crue of walking accidents waiting to happen.

Carr, Chimbonda, Trippier (except his last season) and Walker (for 2 of his 6 seasons) are the only right backs of any quality I recall.

Honourable mentiins for YPL and Zeiglier who looked promising but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

MrKingsley wrote: »

awful defender. never in position.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Bit harsh on Corluka compared to some of the absolute drivel over the years. Remember him being decent in our first Champs League year under Harry. And he still managed to get a game for eventual finalists Croatia in the 2018 WC. Sure he was a bit of a liability at times but that was often the Spurs way :pac:
    And 'arry had to have him around to keep Luka and Nico happy. And Crouchy and Jermain....

I remember the days of kerslake, Austin, nethercott (god help us) and Justin Edinburgh alongside Calderwood and Co. Christ, how did we get ever win match with such a motley crue of walking accidents waiting to happen.

Desperately limited players but to be fair none of them cost a fortune or were top internationals. Unlike a certain Serge Aurier who couldn't take a throw in properly for two months and continues to be just awful on many occasions.
    Honourable mentiins for YPL and Zeiglier who looked promising but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

Seem to remember Ziegler having some trouble behind the scenes (which we never found out about). He was unceremoniously bombed out of the club all of a sudden.

very young lad, simply homesick was the word at the time

i remember his being outstanding against utd the night pedro mendes wondergoal wasnt seen by that utter lapdog clattenburg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Carr, Chimbonda, Trippier (except his last season) and Walker (for 2 of his 6 seasons) are the only right backs of any quality I recall.

dont forget the ginger pele or anthomy gardner

on RB, Pat an den hauwe was class, Hughton was superb defender
    Desperately limited players but to be fair none of them cost a fortune or were top internationals. Unlike a certain Serge Aurier who couldn't take a throw in properly for two months and continues to be just awful on many occasions.

seen highlights on telly the other night called CL classics, the game PSG v BARCA was one of the games , aurier came off the bench and looked every bit the clown he is now, who the fcuk sanctioned his purchase

dont forget the ginger pele or anthomy gardner

now, see

*those* are indefensible picks.

anthony gardner got an england cap (and scored as i recall) and genuinely may be the worst central defender we have had in my time, rivalled only by the other fella mentioned.

absolutely shocking players, should never have gotten a second game at this level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Needs a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Huh, who knew we were over 10k posts already. New thread to come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement