Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracts for Receiver Sale

Options
  • 27-06-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone in this post know or have been involved in a house being sold by bank through receiver.  We have signed contracts and paid the 10% deposit they have been sent back to be signed.  It has been 6 weeks today since we have signed contracts.  Our solicitor is emailing on a regular basis to their solicitors but they keep informing that "you will hear from us when we get contracts back".   My question I know it can take a long time but has anyone been in this situation?  and how long did it take to get contracts signed?

I am just afraid that the receivers or bank no longer want to go ahead with sale.

I would be greatly of any experience on this.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone in this post know or have been involved in a house being sold by bank through receiver.  We have signed contracts and paid the 10% deposit they have been sent back to be signed.  It has been 6 weeks today since we have signed contracts.  Our solicitor is emailing on a regular basis to their solicitors but they keep informing that "you will hear from us when we get contracts back".   My question I know it can take a long time but has anyone been in this situation?  and how long did it take to get contracts signed?

I am just afraid that the receivers or bank no longer want to go ahead with sale.

I would be greatly of any experience on this.

TIA

I work a good bit with receivers, theres no set answer unfortunately. Some are more organised than others.

Bear in mind, a receiver is an actual person. He will have an absolute stack of paperwork that he has to physically sign for each individual case he has. Its a long process but fingers crossed it works out for you.

Advertisement