Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf Half Marathon - July 1st 2017

Options
  • 27-06-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Surprised there is no thread about this...

Whos doing it?

I've done it last two years but messed up and didn't get a chance to enter before it sold out this year :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Pink11 wrote: »
    Surprised there is no thread about this...

Whos doing it?

I've done it last two years but messed up and didn't get a chance to enter before it sold out this year :mad:

I'm going to give it a go. Health has been poor last couple of months but I'm gonna be aggressive and try and post a decent time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I'm doing it. It will be my 3rd time running the event and I'm convinced that it will be my fastest time as well as I have been improving greatly over the last few months. (I've probably just jinxed myself to have a shocking race)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

Looking forward to this one. Weather should be good for a half with some cloud cover and relatively cool at about 12/13 degrees. Be prepared for a breeze on the beach and factor it into your race strategy if it's lingering at the start line. Also be prepared for a short run through softish sand entering/exiting the beach. The main drag on the beach is fairly solid. Good luck to all and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

It's a surprisingly tough race, even though it appears flat, the beach really tires you out, and once you feel recovered you have to turn around and run through it to get home!

But it's a brilliant challenge and a good test at this point of the year if you're doing the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Anybody know how far the parking from east point is to the start line

Or is there an alternative area anyone recommends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

East Point is a short jog away. Plenty of parking in Clontarf, Marino, Fairview area. A lot of it is metered. Easy area to reach by train/bus or DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

just back from race,.

beach stretch on way back tired me out,going well til then

non alcohol edringer went down well at the end.

race well organised getting better each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AlanPat

Really enjoyable race. Only disappointment is the toilet situation. Queued for 20 mins and literally just made start.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Ran this this morning and really enjoyed it. Race well organised with a good atmosphere. I was one minute off my goal time but still ran a PB and placed well so very happy. Had it not been so windy on the return leg I may have hit my target but that wind was relentless. All in all a great event, a big thanks to the organisers.

Had it not been so windy on the return leg I may have hit my target but that wind was relentless.

It's always windy. No matter what direction you are running the wind is always in your face.

I missed out on a PB by about 2 minutes but ran the course 7 minutes faster than last year so that's a bonus.

• Advertisement

Would anyone have a link to the results?!? Thanks

AlanPat wrote: »
    Would anyone have a link to the results?!? Thanks

Results

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I really underestimated that run today; was going very comfortable to 10k; went out nice and easy as planned. But lost a lot of momentum after the turn back with the wind. Beach on the way back was very tricky. Overall, a well organized and challenging run and glad I took part. I love the end with the medal and chilling on the grass.

Anyone else have issues with result?!? I'm not on list of results for some reason.

Advertisement