Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaf strut covers - little tip

• 27-06-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

So there is a bit of a silly design flaw on the Leaf (if you could call it that) that I noticed a couple of weeks back. On the drivers side, the water from the windscreen wiper drain hole is directly above the strut nut, which forms a permanent pool of water around the nut as the water drains directly onto it - mine had actually gone a bit rusty because of it. Anyway I didn't like the thought of this long term so I came across a thread over on SpeakEV and someone over there got strut covers from a VW website that fit the Leaf perfectly thus protecting the nut. I ordered two of them to cover the struts on both sides - bit of long term preventive maintenance for cheap - and can confirm that they do fit perfectly.

Thread on SpeakEV is here

And the part I ordered is here

Anyway, just thought I'd post it in case any of my fellow Leaf owners might find it useful.

Advertisement