Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Users Quay Fuel Station: Dearest to cheapest

Options
  • 28-06-2017 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭

What happened there? I remember once seeing that at 1.80 a litre. Now its (albeit a couple of cent) cheaper per litre than anywhere else. Not giving out but why did it change so hugely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its been the cheapest or near the cheapest for a few yrs now, certainly in the 3 ive been in dublin. City centre location + high customer turnover = smaller fuel margins + lower prices.

Womt touch it now it's a t*paz though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

retalivity wrote: »
    Womt touch it now it's a t*paz though

Why? All fuel comes from same refineries no matter what fuel brand you buy.

Unless you have an issue with the Canadian owners Couche Tard who are one of the largest fuel retailers in the world. And that would just be pettiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So it's safe to use as it's under new management then?
    I wouldn't want a repeat of this...
    https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/dublin-petrol-station-fined-e14k-for-overcharging-customers-29172

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was it not the place was caught watering it or giving short litres a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

spurious wrote: »
    Was it not the place was caught watering it or giving short litres a few years back?

Twice. New management now I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's been the cheapest a long time now. I drive by it every day.
    The garage on Amiens Street used to be the lowest, but he is usually 2c/L more than Ushers Quay now a days.

Advertisement