Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This payee cannot be added at this time.

Options
  • 28-06-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Trying to add below for two days now and getting above error
    Millcove Digital
    IE91BOFI90969587459323 - a BOI account btw.....

This is an issue that has been brought up before and BOI know about it and have still not bothered to fix it. They have now trained their agents to lower customer expectations and tell them that if it's a "BUSY" account and a lot of other people are using it, it cannot be added "sometimes" and keep trying again later - this is a joke.....
    The alternative to sitting around your laptop all day hitting refresh is to verify it by post.......

Below are two threads on this from March and still BOI has done nothing about it other than train their staff to tell customers this is normal behaviour

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057723751
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057714264

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Millcove Digital

This is an issue that has been brought up before and BOI know about it and have still not bothered to fix it. They have now trained their agents to lower customer expectations and tell them that if it's a "BUSY" account and a lot of other people are using it, it cannot be added "sometimes" and keep trying again later - this is a joke.....
    The alternative to sitting around your laptop all day hitting refresh is to verify it by post.......

Below are two threads on this from March and still BOI has done nothing about it other than train their staff to tell customers this is normal behaviour

Hello,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and very sorry if you have received conflicting information on this. This can happen if there is more then 10 different accounts paying through 365 online into any one account. But this can be amended so you can make a payment to this account by raising it through the "Ask a question" on your 365 online profile or by calling our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you are abroad).

I hope this is some help,
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

Millcove Digital

Hello,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and very sorry if you have received conflicting information on this. This can happen if there is more then 10 different accounts paying through 365 online into any one account. But this can be amended so you can make a payment to this account by raising it through the "Ask a question" on your 365 online profile or by calling our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you are abroad).

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    I did call customer service and they said there is nothing they can do, it's normal and to wait around to try again. So who is it in customer service that I need to get a hold of that knows what they are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Maybe BOI should start selling Bitcoin to customers?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    Maybe BOI should start selling Bitcoin to customers?
    a bitcoin ATM in the branches.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The NSC on that IBAN = "909695" looks unusual. Is that the correct branch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

It is in Cork boy, University College Cork.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    It is in Cork boy, University College Cork.
    Is that a parent or sub office?

Millcove Digital

Hello,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    I did call customer service and they said there is nothing they can do, it's normal and to wait around to try again. So who is it in customer service that I need to get a hold of that knows what they are doing?
    Very that this did not work for you. Reviewing the sort code in the IBAN that you have given this is the security code for the UCC branch this branch is linked with 32 South Mall branch in Cork and this may be causing the message that you have been getting when adding the payee. I would ask you to check with this company to see if they do use a different sort code and therefore a different IBAN.
    I hope this has been some help.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

UCC branch is a sub office of South Mall Cork nsc 902768. Maybe the IBAN will work if the '909595' is replaced with '902768'?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    UCC branch is a sub office of South Mall Cork nsc 902768. Maybe the IBAN will work if the '909595' is replaced with '902768'?
    thanks, I tried this - still no luck - getting a different error to say that this IBAN is invalid

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    thanks, I tried this - still no luck - getting a different error to say that this IBAN is invalid
    Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us. If you change the sort code in an IBAN this can change other numbers in the IBAN also. I have given a link here that can be used to get the IBAN for any account with Bank of Ireland by entering in the sort code and account number.

Thanks again,
    Darren

Advertisement