Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for new shoes? - Pic

Options
  • 28-06-2017 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Have had these Ghost 9's since Christmas. Over 1200km in them.....time for a change? Rest of the sole & other foot is holding up pretty well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

get another pair of shoes
    alternate between the new shoes and those
    see if you feel a difference

healy1835 wrote: »
    Have had these Ghost 9's since Christmas. Over 1200km in them.....time for a change? Rest of the sole & other foot is holding up pretty well.

cushioning vastly reduced at this stage I would say.
    this will be more apparent to people who actually need the cushioning more of course - you'd feel more impact, maybe soreness after run etc.
    you got your money's worth at 750 miles anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Right so.....those answers confirm my suspicions :) they were definitely the most comfortable runner I've had.....any decent alternatives to them? If you were changing shoe mid training block would you be more likely to just get the same model again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The number of running shoes you have at any one time is N + 1, or sometimes N + 2 or 3 if there's a good deal to be had.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    The number of running shoes you have at any one time is N + 1, or sometimes N + 2 or 3 if there's a good deal to be had.

I'm learning as I go here. That makes perfect sense, especially as my mileage has ramped up over the last couple of years. Now to trawl the interweb....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

or perhaps N^2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

healy1835 wrote: »
    Right so.....those answers confirm my suspicions :) they were definitely the most comfortable runner I've had.....any decent alternatives to them? If you were changing shoe mid training block would you be more likely to just get the same model again?

You could keep them for running on grass etc? I keep all my worn out but favourite shoes for running on the beach / around the park etc (my theory being that you don't need the cushioning when you're off the roads).

ETA: I went from Ghosts to Saucony Ride and I love the Saucony's now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Ghost 10 have just launched so you should get a deal on ghost 9 if you want a direct replacement

Cheers....yeah I've been looking online a good bit alright. Not much of a reduction on the Ghost 9's at the moment (if you're a size 10 that is, Elvery's half price for a 10.5 :( ). Will prob just go with Ghost 10's for the rest of the year and then start purchasing in 2's or 3's next time out.

• Advertisement

With p+p they'd work out about €100.....i've a run hub voucher and the new ghost 10 is €125 there, so I'll go with that I think. Never came across that site before....any use? Apropos of nothing, Hilly Marathon Fresh socks are a decent price on sports direct at the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Define N....

Define N....

Not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

The same formula applies to bikes - I was out on a training spin in the US many years back and the guy beside me gave a perfectly reasonable justification not only for the ownership of 14 bikes, but for why he needed another one. I felt inadequate with only 5 to my name:D.

Advertisement