Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent advice

Options
  • 28-06-2017 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

We recently bid on a house, EA said she would let us know of any further bids etc. After 10 days and no word we contacted the EA to find out that the offer was now 30,000 above our bid. We countered and again got the "I'll get back to you response".
    Another 5 days later and no word I contacted them only to find out there was another offer again that we were not informed of. We countered again.
    I received an email last night explaining how the owner would like to accept the under bidders offer rather than ours as she "wanted it more and bid against herself twice".
    We are fuming with this, she would not have had to bid against herself if we were informed of counter offers. Also, what information was the EA giving the owner to make them think she was the better option even though we were willing to go higher again.

I fully accept the seller has a right to sell to whoever they like. But am left so frustrated by the estate agent. Is there any further action I can take or just avoid this EA in future?

Apologies for the rant.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Avoid the EA- and to be brutally honest- I'd lodge a complaint with the PSRA too- these sort of shenanigans need to be banished from the sector.

What has probably happened is the EA is selling the property to a pal of hers (or possibly a family member).

Any manner of contacting the owner directly- and finding out what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pb2

Avoid the EA- and to be brutally honest- I'd lodge a complaint with the PSRA too- these sort of shenanigans need to be banished from the sector.

What has probably happened is the EA is selling the property to a pal of hers (or possibly a family member).

Any manner of contacting the owner directly- and finding out what the story is?

That's the feeling I got from the start. Unfortunately the house is rented so would not be able to contact the owner directly but I will look into the PSRA. Just didn't know where to start for a complaint.
    Thank you

Advertisement