Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports revamp

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Stephen
    Hey everyone, apologies for the delay in response.

Sky Sports customers in Ireland will be able to enjoy all ten channels and an unrivalled schedule of live sport for the same price as their existing package. Existing customers will receive the new Sky sports package automatically and the new channels will replace the existing line-up.

I hope this helps clear things up :)

Stephen

Above is Sky Ireland's response on the Boards/Sky Talk To Forum

Being deliberately vague in my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Above is Sky Ireland's response on the Boards/Sky Talk To Forum

Being deliberately vague in my opinion.

Pointless asking over there to be honest. They can't or won't tell you anything that hasn't been officially published anyhow that we'd be able to read ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

5starpool wrote: »
    Pointless asking over there to be honest. They can't or won't tell you anything that hasn't been officially published anyhow that we'd be able to read ourselves.

Typical. The one effing time we'd actually take note of what "Sky sources" have to say :pac:

the PL rights aren't sold in that way though.

They are sold as packages of games - so Sky couldn't buy (and then sell) all the United games. If you bought only United games from Sky as it is, you would end up with a small subset of matches. 10 maybe?

I knows that alright. It's the way packages should be sold imo. Or at least have the option.

I can see clubs having control of their own rights in the future. Probably a while off that though.

Agreed, just find it annoying that Irish pricing and changes always come later and are always dearer.

Also how they don't answer the question being asked is frustrating.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Agreed, just find it annoying that Irish pricing and changes always come later and are always dearer.

Also how they don't answer the question being asked is frustrating.

And then peg in a smiley or cheerful sign off as if they have addressed everything.

And then peg in a smiley or cheerful sign off as if they have addressed everything.

Exactly, apparently the option of selecting channels won't be available in Ireland.

That's a complete rip off in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Exactly, apparently the option of selecting channels won't be available in Ireland.

That's a complete rip off in my opinion.

Was seriously thinking about going back to Sky for the sports when I heard the news yesterday morning but now they can forget about it if this is the case re selecting what channels you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'd love to just pay for the two football channels. I cancelled sports in May. 40 a month is too much during the summer. Going to use sky go on playstation now for free using father's account. Standard is declining and bar my own teams games I'm not overly bothered about the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Really? Where did you read that?

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    Really? Where did you read that?

Was said on Matt Cooper on Today FM yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Was said on Matt Cooper on Today FM yesterday.

Cheers, must give it a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't suppose you have this week's Lotto numbers while you're at it? ;)

From the Sky forum..
    Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Rachel

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interesting posts and questions:)

We are taking all of your comments on board and we appreciate all of the questions you have regarding Sky Sports.

Any queries you have raised is being fed back to the relevant department.

You can be assured that once we receive an update we will come back with an answer to all of your questions.

If you have any further questions, attach them onto this thread and we will get them answered also.

Thanks,
    Rachel

Advertisement