Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pullman or Loam for birthday?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Sorry to piggyback. Fir a birthday treat tasting menu in loam or dinner in Pullman train carriage restaurant?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I would say that depends very much on the guest of honour. How adventurous are they? Would they appreciate what Loam has to offer?

The Pullman is probably the safer but more boring bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

I would say that depends very much on the guest of honour. How adventurous are they? Would they appreciate what Loam has to offer?

The Pullman is probably the safer but more boring bet ;)

Pullman would be safer, certainly, but not necessarily more boring. I would say it would be the more "romantic" (if that is relevant:)) while Loam would be more "on the edge" for a foodie. I would not describe Loam's setting as "romantic" (but each to their own).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

If you are looking for a traditional formal dining experience then choose Pullman. If you are looking for outstanding food in a modern relaxed atmosphere choose Loam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers for the replies.
    Ended up going go Le Petit Pois French restaurant, enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dude, you can't ask about two restaurants and then go with a third, unmentioned. It defeats the whole purpose of asking.

Agreed, Le Petit Pois is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

biko wrote: »
    Dude, you can't ask about two restaurants and then go with a third, unmentioned. It defeats the whole purpose of asking.

Agreed, Le Petit Pois is very nice

I know but circumstances change. Will eventually eat in one of them and the feedback here will have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

dinneenp wrote: »
    I know but circumstances change. Will eventually eat in one of them and the feedback here will have helped.
    I had been going to suggest, in reply to your original question, that this might represent a happy compromise. Glad you enjoyed it. Great spot.

Advertisement