Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student who needs help with a decision

Options
  • 28-06-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I'm 28 and have just obtained my degree in Applied Physics and Instrumentation from CIT (Ordinary BSc)

I've always liked maths, and want to now pursue a level 8 in Mathematical Sciences.

I have 2 options:

1) Doing an add-on year in Instrument Engineering to get the level 8
    2) Start from 1st year in Mathematical Sciences to get a level 8 that way.

I really really want to go with the second option but I'm afraid that It might be too difficult for me, and would fail and waste my fees, whereas I could do something I'm not so interested in and safely pass and get a job that way. I'm also hoping at the age of 32 if I finish the maths degree, that I would still have no problem getting a job as I really have not much work in my CV as I've spent my time in college since 2011.....

I'd like to hear your opinions
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Is there an option 2 conversion masters to add on to your level 8 if went with option 1? That would take 2 years then, and you'd be even more qualified? Also talking to the course coordinator or career team was also very helpful for me.

If not, go with what you want to do! 😀 pricey move tho!

Advertisement