Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix Issues with Font (FF and Chrome)

Options
  • 28-06-2017 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one!

Was wondering has anyone else come across this one before!?

I've attached three screenshots of the following article in FF, IE, and Chromium.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/28/petya_notpetya_ransomware/

You can see in IE the font is grand (*shudders*), but in FF and Chromium it's feckin' awful!

I've checked about:flags in Chromium to see if I can enable ClearType it's not there in v59... Even ran the ClearType ms fixit. No joy.

Checked that my video drivers are up to date too by running the Intel Driver Update (and MS Windows Updates).

I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, and have it set to "adjust for best performance" in system settings (turns off the "bells and whistles").

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Looks to me that simply zooming in a little should produce the same sized font, with no degeneration, as the IE font.

Have you tried it?

Maybe setting a minimum sized font in the browsers if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you installed Helvetica/some other non windows font?

I tried it before and ended up with all sorts of in browser issues like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Looks to me that simply zooming in a little should produce the same sized font, with no degeneration, as the IE font.

Have you tried it?

Maybe setting a minimum sized font in the browsers if that makes a difference?

Zooming to 150% seems to smooth it out a little bit... but don't really want to have to do that. Might adjust the font size to see if that works too! Thanks.
    ED E wrote: »
    Have you installed Helvetica/some other non windows font?

I tried it before and ended up with all sorts of in browser issues like that.

Haven't recently installed any... no wait... I installed dyslexie! (https://www.dyslexiefont.com/) Will double check that's not messing with my browser fonts. Thanks!

Advertisement