Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfy buggy for 'sturdy' 4 mth old

Options
  • 28-06-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi,

My daughter is now 4 months old, and has pretty much filled her pram! We have the Baby Elegance Beep Twist (her older sister was smaller, and got a lot longer out of the pram part). My issue is that I feel the buggy attachment of the travel system is a bit rigid and hard for a baby this young. I'd rather she had a comfier buggy, as she still takes a lot of naps in the pram, both in the house and when we're out and about. We just got a fairly lightweight buggy (Silvercross Micro) for her older sister when she moved beyond the travel system, so we don't have a buggy that I think is suitable.

Could anyone recommend a buggy that is supportive enough for a 4 month old, but that will last until she's walking most places herself? (Not mad long walks! but able to toddle round centra ;) ) It doesn't have to be compatible with a car seat or anything, I'm happy for it to be a standalone item.

Many thanks,

painauchocolat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I love my out n about nipper. Turns on a pin and great for walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 for the Out n about nipper. Very comfy, reclines flat for naps. Good quality too, has done us 6 years over beaches, woods, a lot of road miles and a couple of kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Out n about nipper definately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I really recommend the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, it takes a weight of up to 50lbs but is really easy to push and negotiate. I do a lot of walking and I've used it over all surfaces including rough forest paths with no issues. I did look at the nipper at the time and thought it seemed very long and cumbersome to fold. The Baby Jogger has a handle that means you can fold it and errect it with one hand. You can buy adaptors so that it takes a maxi cosi carry tot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Gonna post this on the bargain alerts page too but my wife and I have been looking for a light stroller for our 7 month old for nipping to shops and the like. Couldn't get over the price of some of these systems, and the weight of them! We'd be no better off than we are with the seat that came with our Venicci travel system. Anyway, we sort of settled on the Quinny Zapp Xtra2. The best price we found was on sale for €220. Then we found this...

https://traleenurserysupplies.com/pram-pushchairs?product_id=475

€160! Ordered on Thursday and arrived this morning. Haven't had a proper test run with it but it looks good. That shop has a good sale on in general on lots of buggies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement