Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone cutting out since latest driver update

Options
  • 28-06-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

This is my second time encountering this. I updated my audio drivers last night and now my microphone drops in and out. When the audio drops out, it sounds like I am very far almost like I am in the background even if I am shouting into my microphone. Then the audio returns to normal levels so.. I am just shouting into my microphone like a fool..

First time I encountered this I fixed it by uninstalling the microphone via device manager and then scanning for hardware changes. Unfortunately not such an easy fix this time:

Steps taken:
    1. Uninstall device
    2. Scan for hardware changes

----

1. Uninstall Realtek Audio Manager via Control Panel
    2. Reboot
    3. Install drivers from MSI

----

1. Uninstall device
    2. Uninstall Realtek Audio Manager via Control Panel
    3. Reboot
    4. Install drivers from MSI

----

1. Uninstall device
    2. Uninstall Realtek Audio Manager via Control Panel
    3. Reboot
    4. Install generic audio drivers from Realtek

----

Here's where it gets weird though - Even though I install the generic audio device manager from Realtek I am still seeing the MSI branding when I open the software. I can't figure that part out..

Also, just to confirm, this happens on every microphone I have since updating the drivers last night at 1AM. Everything was working OK before this.

Comments

Advertisement