Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muc-Off C3 Ceramic Dry Lube

Options
  • 28-06-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Anyone using Muc-Off C3 Ceramic Dry Lube - how have you found it?

I have been using Shimano Dry Lube for some years but it appears that it is no longer readily available. Muc-Off also do a Dry Lube along with the C3 Ceramic Lube - presumably the C3 Ceramic lube is of a higher viscosity than the standard lube - any comments? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭aimnburn

Maidhci wrote: »
    Anyone using Muc-Off C3 Ceramic Dry Lube - how have you found it?

I have been using Shimano Dry Lube for some years but it appears that it is no longer readily available. Muc-Off also do a Dry Lube along with the C3 Ceramic Lube - presumably the C3 Ceramic lube is of a higher viscosity than the standard lube - any comments? Thanks.[/quotel]

Can't comment on the dry lube but the wet C3 lube is excellent. Not too viscous like a lot of wet lubes and excellent lubrication in the wet and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

The C3 ceramic lube is good, but needs frequent reapplication, and disappears instantly in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

spyderski wrote: »
    The C3 ceramic lube is good, but needs frequent reapplication, and disappears instantly in the rain.

Thanks for that spyderski - I would have thought that it might have been more rain tolerant than other dry lubes going by the description given but as always experience is better as a guide than a sales blurb! I will order it from CRC in the morning - thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Maidhci wrote: »
    Thanks for that spyderski - I would have thought that it might have been more rain tolerant than other dry lubes going by the description given but as always experience is better as a guide than a sales blurb! I will order it from CRC in the morning - thanks again.

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collections/chain-lubrication-and-greases/products/rock-n-roll-extreme-chain-lubricant

Any of those rock-n-roll are super lubricants and way better than any conventional lubes.

Last chain lasted over 9k km without any noticeable wear to rest of drive train. If anything I changed it too early.

If you search there are other similar solvent based lubes out there also.

Not necessarily cheaper but very convenient with 300-400km between applications even in testing conditions.

One of the few cycling products that is more product than marketing

Advertisement