Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was a very good gig, but regardless of the earlier one, he still aint selling out croker

If he charged the same prices as the script or ed sheeran or one direction when they played croke park he would sell it out. But he always charges a very high price, so for that reason yeah, he would struggle. I am a beatles fan, as are a few other friends, but we never considered seeing him due to the prices, so I think plenty would still have him on "their list". The poor divil is struggling to make ends meet so has to charge a lot... The stones charge a bit too, but it is being split, obviously mccartney will have extras too, but certainly not an even spilt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea think i paid about €80-90 for my Paul Macca ticket , I can see why people wouldnt pay it but for me i was dying to see him live , he did put on a great show of non stop hits . If he did play next year and the tickets were even more expensive then i would skip it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

any act big enough to play Croker will have had their tour planned and venues booked long ago, so it's probably the other way round, GAA fitting their games around concerts (assuming any are scheduled).
    Apart from the Pope, there's nobody changing the GAA schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Apart from the Pope, there's nobody changing the GAA schedule
    i didn't say changing the schedule.
    big outdoor gigs are booked a year or 2 in advance, so if Croker was booked by a band for next summer, the GAA will have planned their schedule with the concert weekends taken into account.
    there is zero chance they're trying to figure out "where they can slot concerts into that schedule" after the fact, not least as Croke Park/GAA are not music promoters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Either way, the GAA missed out on some big revenue this year by not booking a third gig.

If (as rumours suggest) they were too greedy to give the Stones the share of the gate they were lookin for, I think they were foolish.... Shot themselves in the foot.

• Advertisement

Download are announcing their first headliner at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OzzyOsbournePA101111-920x595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    OzzyOsbournePA101111-920x595.jpg

he might do a 3arena show before or after

wonder would it be any good though ??? he sounded great for Sabbath

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    he might do a 3arena show before or after

wonder would it be any good though ??? he sounded great for Sabbath

Solo shows are ok. Few of the standard Sabbath tunes - War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid and then a load of the 80s stuff. Mr Crowley, Bark at the Moon, Crazy Train etc. Usually has a decent band with him.

• Advertisement

Would he sell out the 3 Arena on his own?? His farewell tour will last till 2020 so he could do festivals in 2018 and then headline shows at another stage.

Im guessing he will end the tour in Birmingham like Sabbath did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »
    Solo shows are ok. Few of the standard Sabbath tunes - War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid and then a load of the 80s stuff. Mr Crowley, Bark at the Moon, Crazy Train etc. Usually has a decent band with him.

Ya has most current has Zakk Wylde, Tommy Clufetos (who was part of last Black Sabbath tour), Adam Wakeman(Son of Rick of Yes game) & Rob Zombies old bassist not too shabby.

Wouldn't mind seeing should have before as was at Graspop in 11 where he pulled out morning of day they were meant to perform.

Would he sell out the 3 Arena on his own?? His farewell tour will last till 2020 so he could do festivals in 2018 and then headline shows at another stage.

Im guessing he will end the tour in Birmingham like Sabbath did

Maybe with a big name support line up

Maybe with a big name support line up
    If was here would play it but prob wouldn't sell out, won't be before or after Download anyway as has dates either side Sweden Rock and Prague announced and he doesn't play consecutive shows so rules us out.

Was reading farewell tour is to take him to 2020 supposedly so there's defo a second crack of dates to take place likely announced after these commitments are done.

Possibly shows for summer 2018

Slane
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Foo Fighters
    Pearl Jam

Croke Park
    Garth Brooks
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Taylor Swift
    Foo Fighters

Aviva
    Foo Fighters
    Garth Brooks
    Pearl Jam
    Taylor Swift

3arena
    U2
    Pearl Jam

There's others as well

Download announcing 2nd headliner tomorrow at 9am . Guessing Avenged Sevenfold will be announced

Download announcing 2nd headliner tomorrow at 9am . Guessing Avenged Sevenfold will be announced

The French edition announced Foos just there.

A7X confirmed for Friday of Download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Possibly shows for summer 2018

Slane
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Foo Fighters
    Pearl Jam

Croke Park
    Garth Brooks
    Rolling Stones
    U2
    Taylor Swift
    Foo Fighters

Aviva
    Foo Fighters
    Garth Brooks
    Pearl Jam
    Taylor Swift

3arena
    U2
    Pearl Jam

There's others as well

Doesn't Slane tend to be every years? If so it's due a break this year.

Redo91 wrote: »

Depends on who's touring etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jsms88 wrote: »
    Either way, the GAA missed out on some big revenue this year by not booking a third gig.

If (as rumours suggest) they were too greedy to give the Stones the share of the gate they were lookin for, I think they were foolish.... Shot themselves in the foot.

The GAA are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Redo91 wrote: »

Just heard a big announcement due this Friday for a Croke Park gig in 2018. It's an MCD gig.

Just heard a big announcement due this Friday for a Croke Park gig in 2018. It's an MCD gig.

Foo Fighters ???

Are the Rolling stones aiken ??

Garth Brooks is aiken

I can see if being Taylor Swift :( Rumoured to be announcing a UK/Ireland Tour soon.

Hope its not the Foo Fighters would rather them in the Aviva since i cant see them selling out Croker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I can see if being Taylor Swift :( Rumoured to be announcing a UK/Ireland Tour soon.

Her album is out Friday but I wouldn't expect her tour to be announced for another few weeks .
    Would she sell out Croke Park ? Probably with people buying Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Zardoz wrote: »
    Her album is out Friday but I wouldn't expect her tour to be announced for another few weeks .

Heard Dave Fanning let slip the other day she was playing Croker.

(Taylor Swift!)

Zardoz wrote: »

She did say whoever preordered her album would receive presale codes for her UK/Ireland Tour. Yea id be amazed if she could sell it out tbh , But stranger things have happened ha

Could it be the Rolling stones announcing a Croke Park date ?

Hopefully it is but it's all pointing too Taylor Swift. I heard of her but what's the big deal with her ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

She did say whoever preordered her album would receive presale codes for her UK/Ireland Tour. Yea id be amazed if she could sell it out tbh , But stranger things have happened ha

Yes thats true if you preorder the album you get presale access.
    Her US tour isnt going on sale until the start of December though so its a bit odd that her European dates would go on sale first.

I've no doubt that she will easily sell out Croke Park,she is very popular with young females .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hopefully it is but it's all pointing too Taylor Swift. I heard of her but what's the big deal with her ??

She got a great legs :)

Advertisement