Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yea id be amazed if she could sell it out tbh , But stranger things have happened ha
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully it is but it's all pointing too Taylor Swift. I heard of her but what's the big deal with her ??
    Think we're all getting old folks. 100% sellout.

PTH, have a watch of some of the documentaries about her, she's not a female-Bieber. Even Dave Fanning did a piece earlier in the year about her, he's a big fan (probably of what/how she's done it rather than the music)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think we're all getting old folks. 100% sellout.

PTH, have a watch of some of the documentaries about her, she's not a female-Bieber. Even Dave Fanning did a piece earlier in the year about her, he's a big fan (probably of what/how she's done it rather than the music)

Nice looking girl but musically not my cup of tea

Hoping it's an act I like but not expecting it to be

Where is the actual confirmation of a Friday announcement???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Westlife reunion or is Louis Walsh just winding people up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could it be Pink??? Although def cant see her selling out Croker , She could prob sellout Aviva tho

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gnr the third download headliner. They won't return here anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Reliable sources whispering that the stones will be playing croke park next summer ..
    Don't shoot the messenger ...

hawkelady wrote: »
    Reliable sources whispering that the stones will be playing croke park next summer ..
    Don't shoot the messenger ...

I'll take that

Mushy wrote: »

Yea they were announced for Graspop and Download France too. Id say it will be a festival tour next year by the looks of it

23509060_10155977491729421_4128755430810952202_o.png?oh=40d84040176eeb913ec6436df63dbc82&oe=5A63E5E7

Yea they were announced for Graspop and Download France too. Id say it will be a festival tour next year by the looks of it

23509060_10155977491729421_4128755430810952202_o.png?oh=40d84040176eeb913ec6436df63dbc82&oe=5A63E5E7

Gas that they got an extra day as did Graspop. Won't go booking anything foreign until a PJ tour is ruled out

Gas that they got an extra day as did Graspop. Won't go booking anything foreign until a PJ tour is ruled out

Yea if only there was a festival that had Foo's , Pearl Jam and Guns as headliners then it wouldnt matter how much tickets were because id be there ha

• Advertisement

Yea if only there was a festival that had Foo's , Pearl Jam and Guns as headliners then it wouldnt matter how much tickets were because id be there ha

My bands to look out for next summer are qotsa, PJ and Weezer. I'm turning into one of those 1/2 gigs a year person now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just heard a big announcement due this Friday for a Croke Park gig in 2018. It's an MCD gig.

Was just hot air it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Zardoz wrote: »
    Was just hot air it seems

Watch this space! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Watch this space! ;)

You have inside knowledge> :;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Would love to see a Marilyn Manson gig here next summer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Eugh, I hate gigs in Aviva / Croke Park, I don't know what it is but I've never really enjoyed either.

But yah can see Taylor Swift playing Croke Park, would sell 80k tickets no bother here.

It's not Taylor Swift! :rolleyes:

Who is it then? do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you know who it is, then say it. If youre not going to say it, then cut out the baiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you know who it is, then say it. If youre not going to say it, then cut out the baiting.

Some people really love attention dont they. Mummy look at me into adulthood.

The Nal wrote: »

What's with the hostility? I never said I knew who it was, I said I knew who it wasn't. Isn't that what the thread is all about, rumours etc? I don't think we have long to wait until we all find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

The Nal wrote: »

Some people just love spewing negativity all over the forum, particularly for bands they don't like (like U2).

Give the guy a break - he's already as much as said who it is.
    Promoters in Ireland are notoriously strict on leaks before announcements about gigs.

If he has a source, and he seems to do, hints are about as far as he can go without causing an inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What's with the hostility? I never said I knew who it was, I said I knew who it wasn't.
    The hostility is likely due to you using a rolleyes emoticon like a prick.

You said there would be an announcement last friday, there wasn't. So this person who told you just listed off hundreds of names of who was not playing?!?! seems really strange, REALLY strange -and this is why people presume you do know -since how else would you know who it isn't...

I heard from 2 people it would be the stones, who supposedly heard from people involved in GAA who heard from croker employees -this is what I heard, absolutely a rumour.
    as far as he can go without causing an inquisition
    I hope if it is the stones all the employees in croker are not sacked due my post...

rubadub wrote: »
    The hostility is likely due to you using a rolleyes emoticon like a prick.

You said there would be an announcement last friday, there wasn't. So this person who told you just listed off hundreds of names of who was not playing?!?! seems really strange, REALLY strange -and this is why people presume you do know -since how else would you know who it isn't...

I heard from 2 people it would be the stones, who supposedly heard from people involved in GAA who heard from croker employees -this is what I heard, absolutely a rumour.

I hope if it is the stones all the employees in croker are not sacked due my post...

Wow.. I'm genuinely taken aback by your tone. I'll leave you to it!

Croke Park announcement after the news on today FM......

julyjane wrote: »
    Croke Park announcement after the news on today FM......

Michael Bublé after all that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

LOL

Not my cup of tea but he will sell it out no doubt, A lot of women (and men) love him. Actually forgot about him. Tickets starting for €89.50

Hopefully we get the rolling stones there too next summer

I cant stand him, but fair play to him if he can fill croke park. I hope stones get the other two nights

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nova said ELO are playing 3arena didn't catch the date.

EIDT: Thread already about it https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057808225

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

The Streets have announced a gig in the olympia
    The Streets will reform for a Greatest Hits Tour and play Dublin's Olympia Theatre on 16 & 17 April 2018. Tickets on sale this Friday, 17 November at 9am!

Advertisement