Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nick Cave just announced for Rock Werchter

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When are they going too announce the line up for the 2018 Live in the marquee series ???

I suppose the Coronas, Christy Moore, Nathan Carter and Imela May will be part of it as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When are they going too announce the line up for the 2018 Live in the marquee series ???

I suppose the Coronas, Christy Moore, Nathan Carter and Imela May will be part of it as usual

Those 4 are absolute dead certs. I'd throw in Picture This, Gavin James and maybe Walking on Cars too.

Maybe if were lucky we might get one quality act this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Any chance of an Aha gig here next year. Their UK venues for the full techno gigs (not the unplugged gigs) are bizarre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They usually announce the first act late November, early December and there'll probably be 2/3 announced pre-Christmas for ticket sales. The rest then early in the new year.

AFAIK, Dara O Briain mentioned at his recent Opera House shows that he'd be at the Marquee next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Caranica wrote: »
    Any chance of an Aha gig here next year. Their UK venues for the full techno gigs (not the unplugged gigs) are bizarre!

Bizarre to say the least, playing Vauxhall conference type football grounds.
    Would like to see them in Ireland , they would easily sell out the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

First names released for the Monday of Forbidden Fruit

The War On Drugs
    Grizzly Bear
    Warpaint
    Thundercat
    Superorganism
    Spoon

NIN for Mad Cool Festival

23658462_10155737143891221_5342257110152698939_n.jpg?oh=38b726ad40a9e9f37c2eb787c9dcde32&oe=5AAE0232

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

SSE Arena Belfast posted on Twitter this evening that there will be a massive announcement live on Facebook at 8pm on tuesday 21 Nov. They provided one clue, a photo of a tractor in the sunset.... Garth Brooks, perhaps?

I know this rumour keeps on coming back but I just looked up his tour schedule & the last of his massive US tour is in Nashville this December. No 2018 have been announced yet.

Would be a safe bet for him to play arenas if he is coming back here.

c773er wrote: »
    SSE Arena Belfast posted on Twitter this evening that there will be a massive announcement live on Facebook at 8pm on tuesday 21 Nov. They provided one clue, a photo of a tractor in the sunset.... Garth Brooks, perhaps?

I know this rumour keeps on coming back but I just looked up his tour schedule & the last of his massive US tour is in Nashville this December. No 2018 have been announced yet.

Would be a safe bet for him to play arenas if he is coming back here.

He done his weekly studio G thing about a half an hour ago and didn't mention anything

Would he play Belfast and not Dublin ???

Really hope he just comes back and we can all forgot about

could be Pink or Taylor Swift ???

• Advertisement

Or it could be some country festival thing

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1576422952437132&id=727776603968442

Watch from 16.20

He mentions that the North American leg of the tour is ending in Dec 2017 and he's going to take time off. Dates in 2018 will be sparse but 2019/2020 are going to be huge

MCD are teasing a Taylor Swift announcement on Twitter right now

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Neil Young maybe ! Reckoned to be touring next year

• Registered Users Posts: 86,577 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is LATM happening still, I thought that area might be used as car park for Pc Uhaoimh

MCD are teasing a Taylor Swift announcement on Twitter right now

I reckon that's the major Belfast announcement tonight ???

If she plays arenas than that's another Croke Park slot free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

She is playing stadia in the US and it will be stadia here too.
    Her US dates go onsale Dec 13th .

I imagine if GB was playing here next year it would of been leaked by now or people in knw would start hinting. as he said himself dates in 2018 will be sparse but 2019/20 will be huge but he did say only the North American leg of the tour was ending dis year ???

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

But what has a tractor got to do with Taylor Swift? Or have they forgotten she is no longer country?

• Advertisement

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1495630573885457&id=141781259270402

Belfast announcement is for something called Farmers bash 2018

never heard of it myself

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1495329150582266&id=141781259270402

Names like Garth Brooks, Taylor Swift, Pink and Neil Young were mentioned but turns out it was this

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1495329150582266&id=141781259270402

Names like Garth Brooks, Taylor Swift, Pink and Neil Young were mentioned but turns out it was this

Man that is shocking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

https://eagles.com/events/

Eagles doing a tour of north america, would be nice to see them in dublin 2018 if they decide to come back to europe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any Europe dates for Pink?

Not yet, it'll probably be announced in the new year. Her latest show so far is NZ on Sept 8. Chances are she'll probably take 3-4 weeks off after the Aus/NZ leg then play Europe for Oct/Nov/Dec 2018. That's what I'm guessing

shocked I must say, didn't expect him to play there lol

I wonder how many major Irish concert announcements from now until Xmas time. promoters would be stupid not to try and tap into the Xmas market. not expecting the Rolling stones to announce dates til the new year. we currently have 1 Croke Park show and 1 Aviva show announced. Slane might not be happening

Eminem has a new album, could he be a possibility for Croke Park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kevin Bridges playing the 3Arena on 3 November 2018.

Tickets currently on presale now for 3 customers and KB mailing list.

On general sale Friday.

Expect this one to sell out.

Advertisement