Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Kevin Bridges playing the 3Arena on 3 November 2018.

Tickets currently on presale now for 3 customers and KB mailing list.

On general sale Friday.

Expect this one to sell out.

No doubt loads more dates will be added ,comedians tend to saturate the market.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Eminem has a new album, could he be a possibility for Croke Park?

Oh thats a good shout actually , Although i can already hear the Croke Park residents kicking off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doubt Eminem would be able to sell out Croker these days.

could see QOTSA announced for an outdoor gig next summer after they play the the 3Arena in a few days. they're in Europe in June, which is when Malahide and RHK gigs will have stages up for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As rumoured by someone else, Dara O'Briain is the next LATM act to be announced...

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/933626263494975488

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

doubt Eminem would be able to sell out Croker these days.

could see QOTSA announced for an outdoor gig next summer after they play the the 3Arena in a few days. they're in Europe in June, which is when Malahide and RHK gigs will have stages up for gigs.

They've a cracking show lined up in London in June. Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels and the Hives on the bill. Add any of those to a line-up here and I'd be interested.

--

Bell X1 announced for LATM in Cork too. 20th anniversary greatest hits tour, announced just after they sold out 5 shows in Vicar St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

NIN for Mad Cool Festival

And QOTSA, Depeche Mode, Justice, Massive Attack, Fleet Foxes, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, MGMT and Future Islands. So far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Slane is usually announced around this time of year is it not?

Would they do Taylor Swift for Slane??? Although its not looking like a Slane next year since there is no rumours going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would they do Taylor Swift for Slane??? Although its not looking like a Slane next year since there is no rumours going around.

possibly no Slane in 2018 as they may not find a suitable act. outside chance of the Rolling Stones but they might prefer stadiums or skip us all together (which is sadly becoming the norm for touring acts)

u2 for Slane 2019 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Big Gig announcement Tomorrow Morning at 8am apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Foo Fighters incoming

found this on a Rolling Stones fansite

'The Rolling Stones to 'headline huge new festival in Knebworth'

Legendary band The Rolling Stones are being strongly rumoured as the headliner of a new festival set to take place at Knebworth House next summer - 42 years after last playing there.

The Mick Jagger fronted rockers previously performed at the famed venue, which has a capacity of 125,000 people, in 1976.

Oasis famously managed to sell out back to back nights at Knebworth House in August 1996, and Robbie Williams performed to 375,000 over three nights in 2003.

The last concert to be held at the Hertfordshire venue was metal festival Sonisphere in 2014, with not many artists having the pulling power to be able to fill the huge capacity.

However the Mirror reports that a festival is set to return to Knebworth with Promoters AEG Presents understood to be working behind-the-scenes on a huge event for summer 2018.

And the company are rumoured to want The Rolling Stones to be the headliners – they are certainly one of the few acts that could fill out the venue.

The huge festival would certainly help plug the gap for music fans since Glastonbury is on a fallow year, meaning that the festival won't be held at its Worthy Farm home in 2018.
    url]www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk[/url'

possibly a Croke Park/Aviva date included in the tour ???

going to the foos in Manchester but would be delighted for Irish fans if they played here

could be Taylor Swift, Pink, Garth Brooks, U2 etc or could be all BS and there will be no annoucement

Foo Fighters incoming

Dont tease us ha . I hope its Foo's but i can either see Taylor Swift or Rolling Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Dont tease us ha . I hope its Foo's but i can either see Taylor Swift or Rolling Stones

Marty Mone at the ploughing championship :pac:

where did u here about It ???

would a US act announce a world tour the day after thanksgiving ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    where did u here about It ???

would a US act announce a world tour the day after thanksgiving ??

Thats why it could be the Stones i suppose if the announcement is true

Thats why it could be the Stones i suppose if the announcement is true

hope so but apart from what I posted earlier it's pretty quite over on the Rolling Stones fan forums and they would surly have an idea of a tour being announced ???

we will knw in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Taylor Swift is playin Croke Park on June 15th

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Great news. Tay @ Croke Pk is a dream. Now to sell my soul for tickets.

ahhh good for her fans though

I wonder will there be a third act or is the popes ?visit part of the 3 non sporting events ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ahhh good for her fans though

I wonder will there be a third act or is the popes ?visit part of the 3 non sporting events ??

I was thinking same thing, I am a volunteer at croker, I can ask around see if any news on another act being booked

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

15th is a Friday. Leaves the Saturday open for either a second night or a second band *cough*Stones*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Tay Tay!! Great news.. Now to convince one of my mates that two males going to see Taylor Swift isn't weird at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Mushy wrote: »
    15th is a Friday. Leaves the Saturday open for either a second night or a second band *cough*Stones*cough*

The stones will have their own stage set up so they won't be playing the day after another act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Tay Tay!! Great news.. Now to convince one of my mates that two males going to see Taylor Swift isn't weird at all...

I'd avoid saying Tay Tay if you want to make that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

hawkelady wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »

The stones will have their own stage set up so they won't be playing the day after another act

Do they have their own special stage setup that isn't a ramp and lighting/sound rig?

Unless Sunday could be done too

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

BurnUp78 wrote: »

You're a weirdo mate

hawkelady wrote: »

May be the stones might play there in May ??

Buble is in July and that's all seated so that would take a few days prep

again if the Stones are getting what they want in terms of money they will pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Bjork playing Cornwall in the UK on June 20th.
    Body and Soul is 2 days later, would be a good fit, could they afford her?

• Advertisement

with the new GAA calender mid/late July- September is very busy in Croke Park for matches. There will also be games played in May/June

Advertisement