Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

http://www.the-beatyard.com/

Orbital are the first act listed and there's a 2 for 1 special on some tickets at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I think you're going to be disappointed. Longitude has had underwhelming lineups for a few years now, and is aiming younger and younger (or I'm getting older). It sells out every year recently so no need to invest in the Killers

There's that skew towards younger demographics by going for electronic/hip-hop/grime, so picking their headliners from that rung of acts below that, though they don't go full pop in like a Bruno Mars/Chainsmokers way. Their undercard tends to be more alternative, UK/Irish Acts (At the level of Walking On Cars, Wolf Alice, Everything Everything, Mura Masa, Oh Wonder, Krept & Konan) and has a knack for picking acts which blow up the year after. Sigrid and Rex Orange County have been picked up by the hype lists in the past few weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they haven't announced a date for next summer yet, though there's plenty of time for them to announce a June gig in the Aviva.

Im not as confident as i was a few weeks ago , unless they are coming back for Reading/Leeds and we get a show around then but not getting my hopes up

Picture This have a big announcement on Monday so im guessing maybe a headline show in Malahide/Marley and prob Belsonic

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if they announce a second Taylor Swift show after the first one sells out than no more Croke Park concerts for 2018 ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Pearl Jam.

No Irish date :(

LIVE 2018: EUROPE TOUR

DATE CITY VENUE
    June 12 Amsterdam, The Netherlands Ziggo Dome
    June 15 Landgraaf, The Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
    June 18 London, England O2 Arena
    June 19 London, England O2 Arena
    June 22 Milan, Italy I-Days Festival at Area Expo
    June 24 Padova, Italy Stadio Euganeo
    June 26 Rome, Italy Stadio Olimpico
    July 1 Prague, Czech Republic O2 Arena
    July 3 Kraków, Poland Tauron Arena Kraków
    July 5 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne
    July 7 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
    July 10 Barcelona, Spain Palau St. Jordi
    July 12 Madrid, Spain Mad Cool Festival
    July 14 Lisbon, Portugal NOS Alive Festiva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

PTH2009 wrote: »
    if they announce a second Taylor Swift show after the first one sells out than no more Croke Park concerts for 2018 ????

Technically, they can add more than 3 dates per year, they just need the residents' approval.

But given the Brooks debacle a few years ago, it seems unlikely that residents would go for it.

Add in the congested GAA calendar in May, July and August and it would seem likely that that'd be it.

But I have no insider info or anything - this is just pure speculation by me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

How many gigs a year does/can the Aviva host?

julyjane wrote: »
    How many gigs a year does/can the Aviva host?

think it's 3 but afaik they have only hosted 2 a year the last few years

it's a great venue for a concert and is quite compact but sound can be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

think it's 3 but afaik they have only hosted 2 a year the last few years

it's a great venue for a concert and is quite compact but sound can be an issue

I think that in the last couple of years it was decided that there can't be a gig within six weeks of an upcoming football or rugby match as the grass needs to recover.

I was on the Aviva tour recently where they mentioned the time restrictions.

• Advertisement

Blue Monkey PR
    Spoilt for choice this week! Aiken Promotions announced another 3 acts for Live At The Marquee 2018 - Coming to the big top next year... a-ha June 12, Don McLean June 14, Jenny Greene & the RTÉ Concert Orchestra June 22. Tickets will be available next week from www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide.

only 3 more fridays left til Xmas (8th/15th/22nd) and perfect opportunity for promoters to exploit the xmas market and cough cough Rolling Stones tickets to go on sale

Slane 2018 is anyones guess at this stage as is the 3rd Croke Park concert (if there is to be one)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus how long are they gonna milk Jenny Greene for

maximoose wrote: »
    Jesus how long are they gonna milk Jenny Greene for

She is also doing Donnybrook Stadium too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

She has announced a second night as was expected so that's the Three Croke Park gigs gone ,to rubbish acts .

Zardoz wrote: »
    She has announced a second night as was expected so that's the Three Croke Park gigs gone ,to rubbish acts .

Bolexe

its either Aviva for the Rolling Stones or slane or nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Good to see Aha mirror their UK strategy of playing small unfashionable towns, such as Yeovil, Doncaster and Darlington. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

A-ha for the Marquee on the 12th June.. Tickets on sale December 7th at 9am

Good to see Aha mirror their UK strategy of playing small unfashionable towns, such as Yeovil, Doncaster and Darlington. :D

Doncaster looks like a great place going by this pub there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The Chatsworth estate moved a few km

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I had radio Nova on making dinner yesterday and Pat Courtney went on and on about Bon Jovi coming back to Ireland. And he hinted about Slaine as a venue. It was a good 5 minute bit it didn't sound like something he was throwing out to fill time.

Anyone heard anything substantial on that?

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I had radio Nova on making dinner yesterday and Pat Courtney went on and on about Bon Jovi coming back to Ireland. And he hinted about Slaine as a venue. It was a good 5 minute bit it didn't sound like something he was throwing out to fill time.

Anyone heard anything substantial on that?

Cant see them doing Slane again

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Garth Brooks was asked about Ireland plans at press conference in the US today & said he tried again & was shot down by the "same guy", it was all executed and pulled from under his feet again!!! Maybe 2019 at this stage he said, will keep trying. God only knows what he was looking for, surely not multiple nights in croker again! All a bit bizarre, I'd say looking slim he will ever make it back at this rate.

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Garth Brooks was asked about Ireland plans at press conference in the US today & said he tried again & was shot down by the "same guy", it was all executed and pulled from under his feet again!!! Maybe 2019 at this stage he said, will keep trying. God only knows what he was looking for, surely not multiple nights in croker again! All a bit bizarre, I'd say looking slim he will ever make it back at this rate.

ffs will someone please explain the whole 3 gigs a year in Croke Park thing too him and persuade him to play elsewhere in Ireland. gigs in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

ffs will someone please explain the whole 3 gigs a year in Croke Park thing too him and persuade him to play elsewhere in Ireland. gigs in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Belfast

I think he is fairly pig headed on these things & won't settle for anything less in scale than his plans in 2014, Croke Park or bust I'd say despite the fact a lot of people were badly burned then & happy if he never came back , anyway 2018 looks out at this stage

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    I think he is fairly pig headed on these things & won't settle for anything less in scale than his plans in 2014, Croke Park or bust I'd say despite the fact a lot of people were badly burned then & happy if he never came back , anyway 2018 looks out at this stage

it's not possible and it's a law and the govener of Dublin can't do anything about it (don't think he u understands Irish authority powers either).

Unless they work something out and he actually comes here in 2018. he's taking some time off in 2018

Community-2018_line-up_web-poster_3819-approved-30.11.17-780x1104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Greg81 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam.

No Irish date :(

LIVE 2018: EUROPE TOUR

DATE CITY VENUE
    June 12 Amsterdam, The Netherlands Ziggo Dome
    June 15 Landgraaf, The Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
    June 18 London, England O2 Arena
    June 19 London, England O2 Arena
    June 22 Milan, Italy I-Days Festival at Area Expo
    June 24 Padova, Italy Stadio Euganeo
    June 26 Rome, Italy Stadio Olimpico
    July 1 Prague, Czech Republic O2 Arena
    July 3 Kraków, Poland Tauron Arena Kraków
    July 5 Berlin, Germany Waldbühne
    July 7 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
    July 10 Barcelona, Spain Palau St. Jordi
    July 12 Madrid, Spain Mad Cool Festival
    July 14 Lisbon, Portugal NOS Alive Festiva

Do you think they'll add more dates? There's a good few gaps in there

instanel wrote: »
    Do you think they'll add more dates? There's a good few gaps in there

Id be amazed if they add anymore dates in other countries , Maybe extra dates in the cities already announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's not possible and it's a law and the govener of Dublin can't do anything about it (don't think he u understands Irish authority powers either).

Unless they work something out and he actually comes here in 2018. he's taking some time off in 2018

it's not "a law".
    there can be more than 3 gigs at Croker each year, and have been in the past. indeed if Brooks had stuck to his initial 3 gigs, that would have been 6 as One Direction played there 3 times that summer.
    so it's entirely possible.

there can be 20 gigs there if the residents/council/Croke Park so wish.

Advertisement