Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now or never for the rolling stones playing Ireland imo

Would love it Mondays announcement was for them but not expecting it

Think it will be for Bon Jovi returning to the RDS or Playing the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    interesting day to pick

would the stones play a thursday ??
    At this stage I doubt any of them know what day it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say P!nk will be an 2019 at this rate, maybe Croke Park or the Aviva in the summer

Have a feeling 2morrows announcement will be Justin Timberlake playing here this summer

He's doing the superbowl half time show and be perfect timing to announce a world tour??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have a feeling 2morrows announcement will be Justin Timberlake playing here this summer

He's doing the superbowl half time show and be perfect timing to announce a world tour??

Oh you could be on the ball there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Big ask for him to sell out the Aviva ,I dont think he is anywhere near popular enough.
    I'd expect an indoor tour.

His ticket prices in the US for his arena tour are astronomical.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Big ask for him to sell out the Aviva ,I dont think he is anywhere near popular enough.
    I'd expect an indoor tour.

His ticket prices in the US for his arena tour are astronomical.

How did his Pheonix Park show sell? If this performance is a big success the demand will go up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How did his Pheonix Park show sell? If this performance is a big success the demand will go up

Very poorly attended, he'd probably sell out a night in the 3 arena, 2 at a push. Even the RDS would be a tough sell I reckon.

Superbowl ht shows are mostly always a success and get people all over the world talking. It's an awesome experience I'd imagine

It's a good ploy to announce a tour after it while your trending

AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement
    to be made at a press reception on
    Monday 5th February – 2pm

The Minerva Suite, RDS
    (Access to the Minerva Suite is via Merrion Road entrance)

Announcement will be made by Peter Aiken

Any news on this

Was it fake or possibly postponed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

It's not til 2pm

julyjane wrote: »
    It's not til 2pm

On the rolling stones there all getting irritated cause some think it's for the Stones but others are saying "no the Stones announce shows them selves not through promoters'

Personally myself hope it's the Stones as that's one of the last bands on my bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Broken Social Scene - Tivoli Theatre - May 28th

http://nialler9.com/broken-social-scene-announce-irish-date/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

any update on Aiken announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

Any update on the Aiken announcement?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Paul Simon @ The RDS 13th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

lc180 wrote: »
    Complete guess - Paul Simon RDS in July, would be a big venue for him he's played there before and he's doing a fairwell tour.

Is there a smug face emoji I can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lc180 wrote: »
    Is there a smug face emoji I can use?

Yeah

PANews_P-190f17e2-937a-42be-937c-e0fa1486da33_I1.jpg

Edit sorry thought you said "plastic" instead of smug.

Realistically they need to announce the 4th CP gig by the start of March if its to be the May

for time to sell tickets but as someone siad in the CP thread if its a big enough act it will sell out in mins

I suppose there still waiting for the licence

People not happy on the stones fourms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Realistically they need to announce the 4th CP gig by the start of March if its to be the May

for time to sell tickets but as someone siad in the CP thread if its a big enough act it will sell out in mins

I suppose there still waiting for the licence

People not happy on the stones fourms

The Stones tickets are usually really really expensive and they use dynamic ticket pricing ,very few of their gigs sell out quickly ,as that is not what they want.

A system like that would need a long lead in to sell out Croke Park or else there will be alot of unsold tickets.
    Maybe they are going to have lower ticket prices in Ireland but having the gig on a Thursday night isnt going to help either.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Stones tickets are usually really really expensive and they use dynamic ticket pricing ,very few of their gigs sell out quickly ,as that is not what they want.

A system like that would need a long lead in to sell out Croke Park or else there will be alot of unsold tickets.
    Maybe they are going to have lower ticket prices in Ireland but having the gig on a Thursday night isnt going to help either.

ive heard that and we all knw us irish love to complain about prices

Anyway ill go in heartbeat for a stones irish show as there legends and there music is timeless.

Would the Aviva be better for this type of show as its a smaller stadium ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Paul Simon @ The RDS 13th of July.

Who's the support act? It was James Taylor in America? Is he coming along as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Who's the support act? It was James Taylor in America? Is he coming along as well?

Special Guests James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnnymack1

also add to the rumours of Bruce Springsteen returning in 2018

of course theres rumours of himself returning after the 2014 disaster. I wish he would come here in 2018 and play so we can put the 2014 debacile too bed

2017 has been a very very good year for concerts in Ireland so 2018 has a lot to live up too

we cant forget the annual Coronas, Natan Carter and Christy Moore shows in the Marquee in Cork in 2018

2014 disaster why what happened in 2014 ??

2014 disaster why what happened in 2014 ??

I'll give ya a hint

He has friends in low places

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That "friend" being Peter Aiken, absolute deceitful scumbag, taking the Irish public for complete morons, unforgivable. But at least he drew the line at dragging his dead mother into his lies. Still find it bizarre how anybody could stoop so utterly low... Vile piece of work.

Could we see JT headline Longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

I see there is on Jt gigs announced for Ireland again. It was the same last tour. Here’s hoping for an Irish gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I see there is on Jt gigs announced for Ireland again. It was the same last tour. Here’s hoping for an Irish gig.

Unlikely, he's playing arenas and his rumoured stage setup appears to be too big for the 3Arena (not the first time such a situation has occurred.

Advertisement