Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Interpol seem to be around Europe again this summer , They were recently confirmed for InMusic Festival in Croatia . Would love to see them in the Iveagh Gardens or the new POD fest

Also Reading and Leeds have their first announcement in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Also Reading and Leeds have their first announcement in the morning

Bound to be Kendrick Lamar for one headline spot, hasn't his tour just finished up that neck of the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Been looking at the trend of headliners shared between Reading and EP.

Its not been a good track record.

Which is good in the sense that I don't want to see Kings of Leon anywhere near, but also means Kendrick might not. Kendricks's set isn't very long and that's why he's co headlining with Panic at the Disco in Reading.

I'm going to go with Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age and a female act, Lorde/Florence. Possibly Lorde/Kendrick co headline.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bound to be Kendrick Lamar for one headline spot, hasn't his tour just finished up that neck of the woods?

Its a WOEFUL line up this year

27973333_10154990867770738_1138565813563773988_n.jpg?oh=850d36ca78b19e59dda2cf8b5680c835&oe=5B08C23A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I don't want to start a big hubbub, but when Fallout Boy, the Courteeners and PATD are considered Rock headliners for a big festival in 2018, can you blame people being excited about an exclusively rap/hip-hop/rnb festival lineup...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sum 41 fourth on a bill? Jesus.

The Trinity college gigs were well announced by this time last year, so I hope they're going ahead again this year. Fleet Foxes would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

MattD wrote: »
    I don't want to start a big hubbub, but when Fallout Boy, the Courteeners and PATD are considered Rock headliners for a big festival in 2018, can you blame people being excited about an exclusively rap/hip-hop/rnb festival lineup...?

Panic at the Disco!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

MattD wrote: »
    The Trinity college gigs were well announced by this time last year, so I hope they're going ahead again this year. Fleet Foxes would be ideal.

Yeah I went to TDCC last year and it was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

lc180 wrote: »
    Not an MCD gig though, they usually run most of the gigs in Kilmainham.

Nick Cave seems to be a stand-alone POD gig using the main stage from Forbidden Fruit.

ahhhh I seeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm going to go with Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age and a female act, Lorde/Florence. Possibly Lorde/Kendrick co headline.

Qotsa for EP? No chance their European tour ends mid July!

Its a WOEFUL line up this year

27973333_10154990867770738_1138565813563773988_n.jpg?oh=850d36ca78b19e59dda2cf8b5680c835&oe=5B08C23A

Christ!

Since when are Panic big enough for that slot? How have FOB got a bump up to headline? Surely better big enough acts were around for these spots

Could definitely see Lorde or Bjork to be there as a female headliner, possibly both. Kendrick/NERD, Lorde, Bjork, Depeche Mode and Vampire Weekend/Arctic Monkeys would be a lineup that a lot of people could get behind I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The headliners are J.Cole, Travis Scott, and Solange (Beyonce's little sista who beat up JayZ and Kardashian Jenner boyfriend)

Tickets are priced at 189.50 euros for the weekend, with 2 day tickets priced at 129.50 euros and day tickets 69.50 euros

What a load of tosh ,190 to see those acts ,MCD are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Christ!

Since when are Panic big enough for that slot? How have FOB got a bump up to headline? Surely better big enough acts were around for these spots

I mean the Reading/Leeds festivals have always centred on Alternative rock in fairness. I mean recently you've had Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Green Day and Blink 182 headlining. Fall Out Boy even headlined once before in 2016

DylanB85 wrote: »
    I mean the Reading/Leeds festivals have always centred on Alternative rock in fairness. I mean recently you've had Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Cure, My Chemical Romance, Green Day and Blink 182 headlining. Fall Out Boy even headlined once before in 2016

Fall out boy played below Biffy on both dates, despite the co-headlining claim. Ego stroking at its finest. To get a bump up is the odd bit. Even the courteeners....are they selling out big enough venues to warrant this?

Fall out boy played below Biffy on both dates, despite the co-headlining claim. Ego stroking at its finest. To get a bump up is the odd bit. Even the courteeners....are they selling out big enough venues to warrant this?

Regardless whether it was headlining or co-headlining, Fall Out Boy are a pretty big band and have been selling out Arenas all over the world for a while now. If you don't like the band, that's fine, but I certainly think they're a justified headliner.

Regardless whether it was headlining or co-headlining, Fall Out Boy are a pretty big band and have been selling out Arenas all over the world for a while now. If you don't like the band, that's fine, but I certainly think they're a justified headliner.

I more don't see what they've done to get a bump up.

Then on the flipside, getting a headliner back so soon for a festival is poor. Always wanted to do the fest, think those days are long gone (probably festivals as a whole unless going with airbnb)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

heard some rumours that an Arctic Monkeys gig is to be announced on Monday

Any update on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Any update on this?

Yeah, it wasnt announced.

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah, it wasnt announced.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I more don't see what they've done to get a bump up.

Then on the flipside, getting a headliner back so soon for a festival is poor. Always wanted to do the fest, think those days are long gone (probably festivals as a whole unless going with airbnb)

Something fell out you'd gather particularly as Fall out boy have tickets to shift upcoming UK tour in March but they did sell out the O2 in London as yet.

Crap line up heard tickets for the Leeds event welll down the last few years, surely just be Reading if bills like this is what's ploughed ahead with.

The rock element has been pedalling away for the last decade even indie rock bands are edging towards the door now looking at that poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will we find out about the RS playing Croke Park by the end of this week

They put up a teaser on there social media pages but it has little to do with touring but advises to sign up for presales?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156498025473287&id=8305888286

My bucket list will be almost complete by June if i see the Stones play (seeing the Foos, Pearl jam and Billy Joel for the first time dis summer all but 1 in the UKðŸ˜). One band I prob might never see will be Van Halen cause they seem to only tour the US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Any update on this?

At this moment in time they are only doing festivals, the only U.K date they are playing is some festival in Glasgow. So unless they are playing a festival in Ireland, I don't we be seen them until they are doing an arena tour or next summer.

Looper007 wrote: »
    At this moment in time they are only doing festivals, the only U.K date they are playing is some festival in Glasgow. So unless they are playing a festival in Ireland, I don't we be seen them until they are doing an arena tour or next summer.

Yea was surprised they weren’t announced for reading/Leeds today. Wonder are they a possibility for slane next year? Maybe too big for them though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yea was surprised they weren’t announced for reading/Leeds today. Wonder are they a possibility for slane next year? Maybe too big for them though

They are coming off one of their biggest selling albums, which bought them a brand new audience. Depends if the new album sells like AM has, and if the support is top notch plus they haven't toured in a while, then why not. They are a big band and have had a few number 1 albums here. I don't understand why some think they wouldn't pull in a big crowd.

I probably see a night or two in 3Arena sometime near the end of 2018 or early 2019. I only see them doing Slane if the new album is a big hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

@SylvanEsso plus very special guest @stelladonnelly
    & many more to be announced
    Tivoli Grounds, Francis St, D8
    Friday 25 May 2018

#SylvanEssoBlockParty https://t.co/b0WaIh8bYg

Smashing Pumpkins just announced a US tour. Would be nice if we could get them over here during a European tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Smashing Pumpkins just announced a US tour. Would be nice if we could get them over here during a European tour

Would be awesome. Maybe 2019/2020. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement