Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

From the MCD Facebook Page
    "★ BROCKHAMPTON ★ :: "Stereo Spirit Tour " The Helix :: Wednesday August 22nd. Tickets on sale 10.00am Friday March 2nd from Ticketmaster Ireland"

What a strange venue for them. Was kind of hoping for them to play EP but that's ruled out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

DW-VMEAXkAAlY8z.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Did they ever announce the gigs for Trinity in July? Thought they were meant to be announced last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Did they ever announce the gigs for Trinity in July? Thought they were meant to be announced last week.

I wonder if they will at all.

MCD ran the gigs last year as the 'Summer Series' and already have three gigs this year listed as 'Summer in the City' gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think they emailed the student body last week to tell them of the disruptions to campus over a week of gigs in July, but no announcement of who or what those gigs entail yet, as far as I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I think they emailed the student body last week to tell them of the disruptions to campus over a week of gigs in July, but no announcement of who or what those gigs entail yet, as far as I recall.

Yeah announcements of acts are supposed to be in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Kylie playing Dublin and Belfast in September - tickets on sale next Friday.

Tickets are €65.45 - €116.00 plus fees .
    Seems very high .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

443118.jpg

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

https://twitter.com/Nialler9/status/968550989761478656

Leftfield announce a live show in Dublin in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets are €65.45 - €116.00 plus fees .
    Seems very high .

The price showing up now on ticketmaster is €65.45 - €176.00.
    And that's not even the VIP tickets. I was hoping to get general golden circle tickets if they are available but they will probably be €176.00.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

28276499_1580876785333682_8173934737006944334_n.jpg?oh=a500d8c4dd3c4b986c8d4999d07b87d5&oe=5B43C70B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just thinking there, TRNSMT festival have The Killers headlining one day with support from Franz Ferdinand, which we also have in the RDS. They also have Arctic Monkeys headlining another night with support from Interpol. I'm sure we're get AM here, but to have them with support from Interpol would be class! Where do we see AM playing? Electric Picnic perhaps?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Just thinking there, TRNSMT festival have The Killers headlining one day with support from Franz Ferdinand, which we also have in the RDS. They also have Arctic Monkeys headlining another night with support from Interpol. I'm sure we're get AM here, but to have them with support from Interpol would be class! Where do we see AM playing? Electric Picnic perhaps?

Id prefer to see Interpol at the Iveagh Gardens instead of supporting AM if they played here

Elvis Costello playing the BGET 23rd June

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

The xx are playing a trio of intimate shows in Ireland in late May. They're playing Ulster Hall in Belfast on Monday 21st May, and The Tivoli in Dublin Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th May: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156340639796004&id=10429446003

Id prefer to see Interpol at the Iveagh Gardens instead of supporting AM if they played here

Totally agree, a gig of their own would be the best! Just meant I'd rather them as a support act than not have them over here at all :)

Hidden Agenda
    DJANGO DJANGO POSTPONED UNTIL MARCH 27TH
    Due to the confirmation that public transport will not be operating tomorrow and in the interest of the safety of staff & concert goers, Django Django's sold out show at The Tivoli tomorrow night has been postponed until Tuesday 27th March. All tickets remain valid for the new date and anyone unable to attend can get a refund from point of purchase. Regards, Hidden Agenda & Selective Memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

★ Queen + Adam Lambert :: Marlay Park :: July 8th ★

Following a phenomenal sell-out 3Arena show last November, Queen & Adam Lambert will return to perform at Marlay Park this Summer.

➤➤ Tickets go on sale next Friday at 9:00am from Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Queen +Adam Lambert play Marlay Park Sunday 8th July 2018

Tickets on sale Friday 9 March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

The Trinity Summer series is back this July!

Grace Jones 23 July
    Il Divo 24 July
    Rag’n’Bone Man 25 July
    Bryan Ferry 27 July
    Gavin James 28 July
    Imelda May 29 July

Tickets go on sale next Friday 9 March

• Advertisement

28577561_1838718249472031_4545315374509745636_n.jpg?oh=a36a3bd3abe63ba4c584bc17b6525eae&oe=5B44E8C1

The Trinity Summer series is back this July!

Grace Jones 23 July
    Il Divo 24 July
    Rag’n’Bone Man 25 July
    Bryan Ferry 27 July
    Gavin James 28 July
    Imelda May 29 July

Tickets go on sale next Friday 9 March

A deeply disappointing lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

too many outdoor shows in Dublin this summer

they must be expecting amazing weather

28379762_10155713498261888_6131619129976540909_n.jpg?oh=70ed460bf8fbdf6c4739850f67fe34e7&oe=5B416E65

Arctic Monkeys seem to be playing arena shows which is excellent news. Hope we get a 3arena gig.

nx64plp71sj01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

All of the Arctic Monkeys dates so far... with more to be announced

Columbia Halle, Berlin (May 22)*
    Cavea, Rome (May 26)*
    Zentih, Paris (May 29)*
    Primavera Sound, Spain (June 2)
    Medidlanum Forum, Milan (June 4)*
    Best Kept Secret, Netherlands (June 8)
    Firefly Festival, Delaware, US (June 14-17)
    Southside Festival, Germany (June 22-24)
    Hurricane Festival, Germany (June 22-24)
    Mitsubishi Electric Halle, Dusseldorf (June 26)*
    Royal Arena, Copenhagen (June 27)*
    TRSNMT, Scotland (July 1)
    Open’er, Poland (July 4)
    Rockwave Festival, Greece (July 6)
    Rock Werchter, Belgium (July 8)
    NOS Alive, Portugal (July 12)
    Madcool Festival, Spain (July 13)
    OYA Festival, Norway (August 8)
    Way Out Festuval, Finland (August 9-11)
    Flow Festival, Finland (August 11)
    Sziget Festival, Hungary (August 14)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

Has there ever been so many festivals and outdoor concert series in Ireland? I'm too young to remember before the recession, but it seems to me like there are loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Has there ever been so many festivals and outdoor concert series in Ireland? I'm too young to remember before the recession, but it seems to me like there are loads.

No real money in album sales or streams I reckon so the only money to made is in playing live. My theory for what it's worth.
    Great complaint though, we have been neglected for far too long....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the key difference these days is that we used to get festivals packed with headline worthy talent (so we could easily see a rake of top acts for a fairly affordable price) whereas these days every second artist with some recognition seems content to headline their own outdoor show to pull in as many as they can.

As noted above, it's because touring is the number one revenue stream by a country mile these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

I think the key difference these days is that we used to get festivals packed with headline worthy talent (so we could easily see a rake of top acts for a fairly affordable price) whereas these days every second artist with some recognition seems content to headline their own outdoor show to pull in as many as they can.

As noted above, it's because touring is the number one revenue stream by a country mile these days.

Good point. All of this year's festivals are quite some way from mid-2000s Oxygen lineups.

Advertisement