Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Still Ill wrote: »
    NME is worthless. I daresay the current Bloc Party line-up bares more resemblance to its 2005 self than NME does.

I'd have to agree with NME here

Drums are one of the best bits of Silent Alarm and the girl they have playing with them now is absolutely brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with NME here

Drums are one of the best bits of Silent Alarm and the girl they have playing with them now is absolutely brutal

agree, I'm happy i don't have money as i was trying to convince myself to go. Drums are a huge element of that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Unusual one this...

If he wasn't famous for acting he wouldn't get a gig playing in the Red Cow on a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 llarrocnairda

Snow Patrol are doing a heap of Irish dates in support of their new album in May.

Tickets go on sale Friday 30th March at 10am from Ticketmaster.

Derry – Millennium Forum 11th May

Cork – Opera House 12th May

Killarney – INEC 14th May

Dublin – Olympia 15th May

Wexford – Opera House 16th May

Galway – Leisureland 18th May

Belfast – Ulster Hall 20th May

Tickets on sale Friday 30th March at 10am

• Advertisement

I thought we were done with Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Snow Patrol are doing a heap of Irish dates in support of their new album in May.

Tickets go on sale Friday 30th March at 10am from Ticketmaster.

Derry – Millennium Forum 11th May

Cork – Opera House 12th May

Killarney – INEC 14th May

Dublin – Olympia 15th May

Wexford – Opera House 16th May

Galway – Leisureland 18th May

Belfast – Ulster Hall 20th May

Tickets on sale Friday 30th March at 10am

The pressure of getting tickets for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »
    I thought we were done with Snow Patrol

Wouldn't have said so they seem to have spawned Walking on cats and Kodaline who appear to have good followings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Wouldn't have said so they seem to have spawned Walking on cats and Kodaline who appear to have good followings too.

Walking on cats :pac:

I'd say they sound awful

kg703 wrote: »

I'd say they sound awful

They sound much better than Walking on Cars or Snow Patrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

kg703 wrote: »

I'd say they sound awful

Using boards on me phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Ariel Pink playing in the Button Factory

- Should be an great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

You killed keyboard cat!
    You monster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with 4 shows taking place in Croke Park this year Garth Brooks might have a chance of returning in 2019/2020 if Aiken can only book CP slots for him. He would be guaranteed 3 slots anyway and might get 1/2 more if he agrees to terms (maybe having a day or 2 apart etc) it's a funny one. Residents voice means **** all tbh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with 4 shows taking place in Croke Park this year Garth Brooks might have a chance of returning in 2019/2020 if Aiken can only book CP slots for him. He would be guaranteed 3 slots anyway and might get 1/2 more if he agrees to terms (maybe having a day or 2 apart etc) it's a funny one. Residents voice means **** all tbh

To be honest, he can **** off if he thinks he's getting four or five nights in CP after the debacle of last time. At best give him one or two or put him in PUC or Phoenix Park. If it has to be Croker, give the third date to another big artist who can fill Croke Park or it runs the risk of a big act skipping Dublin.

Residents voices will get bigger the more shows that are held. And DCC can't ignore them if the original agreement is broke year after year on concert numbers.

If Brooks plays 4 nights next year Dublin will be sold out of soup of the day and well done steaks for months afterwards.

To be honest, he can **** off if he thinks he's getting four or five nights in CP after the debacle of last time. At best give him one or two or put him in PUC or Phoenix Park. If it has to be Croker, give the third date to another big artist who can fill Croke Park or it runs the risk of a big act skipping Dublin.

Residents voices will get bigger the more shows that are held. And DCC can't ignore them if the original agreement is broke year after year on concert numbers.

from an interview at the end of last year

'Do you mean playing in Dublin after you had to cancel your five shows there in 2014? [Brooks sold 400,000 tickets to five shows in Dublin’s Croke Park stadium, but after the Dublin City Council would only issue permits for three shows, all five were canceled]

[Nods.] I hope that Ireland will never give up on me.

You tried again recently and you couldn’t make it work. Why can’t you go to another stadium in Dublin?

Because we have a chance to make what was wrong right. You can’t make it right anywhere else because of the sheer numbers.

A lot of things with international is, "How do you want to go over there?" Do you want to go over there as someone who is working something current or do you want to go over there as someone who is an artist from the past? I’ve never enjoyed being an artist from the past. We need to start working current music in the places that we’d like to go.'

Hes such a ahh, 5 shows over here is still the plan and he wont budge on that even though hes prob been told 'its 3 per year only and 5 might not be agreed upon'. He could make so many fans happy if he done a 2013 Springsteen/Ed Sheeran 2018 on it and played around the country. We have the stadia (barley tbh) and he will sell the tickets but its all about this stage specialy designed for Croke Park (which is prob BS).

Imagine if he agreed to play here in 2019 again and only got 3 out of 5 licences yet again it would be comical and i wonder what his reaction will be this time ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea as someone who had tickets for the gig back in 2014 you can guarantee it will sell out. Maybe not 5 nights (could be wrong) but 3 nights would sell like hot cakes

Yea as someone who had tickets for the gig back in 2014 you can guarantee it will sell out. Maybe not 5 nights (could be wrong) but 3 nights would sell like hot cakes

friends in low places himself won't do 3 nights though as hes set on 5

I wonder how many of the 4th/5th day were repeat fans, people jumping on the bandwagon and general ole ole crowd ???. Obv lots of these people were for the first few days too

Anyone here ever been to Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Anyone here ever been to Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands?

I've been to pinkpop.

budgemook wrote: »
    I've been to pinkpop.

Nice , Which way did you get there , did you fly to Eindhoven? Me and a few friends are thinking about going this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Nice , Which way did you get there , did you fly to Eindhoven? Me and a few friends are thinking about going this year

We flew to Amsterdam and got the train down from there. I think we had to change somewhere. The details are a bit sketchy tbh!

budgemook wrote: »
    We flew to Amsterdam and got the train down from there. I think we had to change somewhere. The details are a bit sketchy tbh!

Yea was looking at both options think Amsterdam was 3 hours on the train and Eindhoven is about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    friends in low places himself won't do 3 nights though as hes set on 5

I wonder how many of the 4th/5th day were repeat fans, people jumping on the bandwagon and general ole ole crowd ???. Obv lots of these people were for the first few days too

Could he do maybe an Irish tour say 3 nights in croker , a few nights in PUC and maybe a few nights in a stadium in the the northern end of the country maybe like clones. That way he could say he got his numbers or is it just to easy to set up camp in Dublin and stay there for the week

roadmaster wrote: »
    Could he do maybe an Irish tour say 3 nights in croker , a few nights in PUC and maybe a few nights in a stadium in the the northern end of the country maybe like clones. That way he could say he got his numbers or is it just to easy to set up camp in Dublin and stay there for the week

He cost a lot of people money last time around with his attitude so I wouldn't bank on 3 nights in Croker as it is an in-demand venue with limited availability.

Money is money and promoters and the stadium are happy irrespective of who the act is but they'll learn from their experience of having one Buble gig and two poorly selling Taylor Swift gigs that nearly cost them hosting a Rolling Stones gig this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Money is money and promoters and the stadium are happy irrespective of who the act is but they'll learn from their experience of having one Buble gig and two poorly selling Taylor Swift gigs that nearly cost them hosting a Rolling Stones gig this year.

What they'll learn is the 3 concert agreement means nothing. They'll push for 4 again is they think they'll get away with it.

big weekend of music in Dublin on the 15/16 June

3Arena- Flight of the concords
    Croke Park- Taylor Swift
    Malahide Castle- Liam Gallagher- 15th June and Nile Rodgers & Chic- 16th June
    Energia Park (Donnybrook stadium)- The National- 15th june and Future Islands 16th June

few smaller gigs around too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Leon Bridges
    Olympia Theatre
    Wed 7th November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Johnny Marr

MAY 12th – Ireland, Dublin, Button Factory

Advertisement